Thread: A short story about Eazy E and Will I Am

Veteran Member

Default A short story about Eazy E and Will I Am

Jerry Heller makes the following allegations in his book, "Ruthless."
    "Will 1X, aka William Adams, grew up in South Central and shared a lot of the same turf as Eazy-E but their philosophies couldn't have been more different. Will connected to the peace and love tradition of the sixties."

When Will 1X came to "Ruthless," with a music video that he had done. It looked fantastic. Since Eazy was enthusiastic about the project, I bought the video for $5,000 dollars. Will soon started working on his album but it never seemed to get finished. It eventually entered the black hole that a lot of recording projects fall into."
    "He ain't never going to finish that record," Eazy told me after working with Will for a year.

"We got to cut him and his group loose and let them go somewhere else." So we did.

Will changed his name to Will I. AM. and his band's name to the "Black Eyed Peas," and the rest is history.

Veteran Member

Will.I.Am and Apl recorded an album for Ruthless Records in the early '90s as part of a trio called Atban Klahn. this thread made me go back and check on discogs for them and if that information is correct the group completed their album for Ruthless who released a promo copy of it - http://www.discogs.com/Atban-Klann-G...elease/5875630

there is also a 12" release for the song "Puddles Of H20" which is pretty dope

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

FRESH FISH
    Were just worms in the worst part of the apple thats rotten...

The album was actually pretty dope. Had it for a few years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqFeE7W3yRc

-

I'll pass on the Black Eyed Peas music hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm surprised Eazy E and Jerry Heller signed them to Ruthless because they were different than the other artists on the record label. I thought Eazy E would laugh at them when they came to Ruthless to try to get a record contract because their music isn't gangsta LOL.

About that life

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

maybe they were thinking about diversifying their sound, thus broadening their purchasing demographic

will be checking out that early BEP music soon, thanks for posting it

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.