once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chamber musik?

Quote Originally Posted by New Hills 36 View Post
    Tauro

U couldn't expand more on the Blue Raspberry cd could you. Is it like hip hop on an r+b syle or totally non-hip hop? In any case you say it's good - any Wu etc etc. Thanks in advance
    It's pretty much hip hop with an r&b style, she sings over hip hop beats. It's mad dope, I play it all the time when I just want to chill, it has that early to mid ninties r&b feel.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

they good
    Last edited by Lyrical_4Shadow; 05-22-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post
    Chambermusik Special Products released that prior to it being commercialy released. Once again, read the descriptions on the page, it is your own fault if you don't.
    i dont give a shit when ya'll released it, were talkin over a year after that. Like i said b4 i didnt order it & i have no idea when ya'll started the "special products" as opposed to chambermusik records categories i havent been back since, but i guarentee it wasnt like that when she ordered it.

If ya'll dont see whats wrong with sending out a cd-r over a year after the official was released for the same price, your a bad business that won't get my money again.

s.a.m. the 5th disciple WuZapatista's Avatar

i encourage anyone to buy and try out chambermusik. they offer great service . i personally have bought cds from them in the past. peace to Clef & Mowie and the whole chambermusik squad.

S.A.M. the 5th Disciple

"style goes back to the days of Bob Backlund"

i know when i ordered zu ninjaz and lotus notes like 4 years ago they were not indicating that it was a cd-r, that whole 'special products' label is a joke, the page for the release should specifically state whether or not it is a cd-r. when i received my order, the zu ninjaz cd was warped probably from heat and the last track would not play and when i contacted them in order to get a replacement i got no response.

i think it's cool that they are offering a venue for unsigned/obscure artists to sell their material, and there are some releases there i am interested in purchasing, but i would have to be sure they are conducting themselves with a little more professionalism.

Quote Originally Posted by wt36 View Post
    i guarentee it wasnt like that when she ordered it.
    This has always been listed there:

Q: What do the CD's you sell look like?

A: All the various CD's we sell are different. It depends on what we get from the artist/labels. CDs from distributors are factory manufactured and shrinkwrapped. Some are artist CDs that are manufactured in-house, like Solomon Childs, Buddha Monk, etc. If its a title we press ourselves, it is as follows:

1) Ultra CDR (not computer CDR, much better quality)
    2) Professionally printed Color Laser, Glossy paper covers, front and back.
    3) Full jewel cases, not slimline (unless specified as a mix CD).
    4) Full color, professionally designed CD faces.
    5) Shrinkwrapped and sealed, with Chambermusik decal.

* All our pressings/designs are approved by the Producer and/or Artist, and substantial monies are paid directly to them per each sale.

^^^man, that's in the fucking policies section, they do not specify that on a per album basis on a particular album's individual page...for the average consumer purchasing albums, not mixtapes, the question 'is this real or is it memorex?' isn't even going to pop in their head. this whole 'chambermusik records' v. 'chambermusik special products' is the type of linguistic gymnastics i expect out of legal documents, not an online hiphop store. cd-rs, regardless of their 'higher quality' tend to degenerate much faster than regular cds.

and is it unreasonable to think that if you're paying more than...i don't know... 5.00 for an album (again, an album, not a mixtape) that it would be pressed properly? the machines to press albums professionally aren't even that expensive. they're fleecing their customers, but i guess when you're probably only selling to about 50 people (Being generous here) you have to make as much money as you can.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 05-23-2009 at 09:30 PM.

I've used them a couple time and have never had a problem.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
    I got a fevah, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post
    This has always been listed there:

Q: What do the CD's you sell look like?

A: All the various CD's we sell are different. It depends on what we get from the artist/labels. CDs from distributors are factory manufactured and shrinkwrapped. Some are artist CDs that are manufactured in-house, like Solomon Childs, Buddha Monk, etc. If its a title we press ourselves, it is as follows:

1) Ultra CDR (not computer CDR, much better quality)
    2) Professionally printed Color Laser, Glossy paper covers, front and back.
    3) Full jewel cases, not slimline (unless specified as a mix CD).
    4) Full color, professionally designed CD faces.
    5) Shrinkwrapped and sealed, with Chambermusik decal.

* All our pressings/designs are approved by the Producer and/or Artist, and substantial monies are paid directly to them per each sale.

look i know all that & purchased cd's i knew were "professional cdr's" & was very happy with the product (like the re-release of warclouds 2 albums). My wife was trying to support ya'll & order the unknown album from you instead of a chain & she got burned bottom line. i would guess she saw it on the album scroll on the main page clicked & ordered. Seriously what upstanding business would continue to sell a cdr of somthing professionally released a year and a half ago?

^^I can see why your upset on the matter and I completely agree with you.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man