once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Music Thread

I dont really listen to a huge amount of house or techno, but this guy releases some great material, definitly more album orientated and home listening rather than the clubs, some real dreamy atmospheres. This may be more deep house:

His "Black Noise" albums from last year was dope, really nice atmospheres using a lot of icy bells and chimes to create something different, this is more minimal, but has some nice melodies half way through:

Yeah man, his albums are great, his first one "Diamond Daze" is also worth checking out if you haven't.

Maybe not as 'deep' as his latest 2 albums, but good also.

dj zinc-crack house stuff

and break dnb is some of the best electro music i heard

Quote Originally Posted by bateman. View Post
    Yeah man, his albums are great, his first one "Diamond Daze" is also worth checking out if you haven't.

Maybe not as 'deep' as his latest 2 albums, but good also.
    Yeah man, really like that track, nice mix of his more atmospheric later stuff with a more typical house bassline, ill check that album out.

I used to listen to a lot of house/techno/trance when i was younger, but i got bored with it and especially with the arrival of grime and then dubstep i stopped listening to it, but this guy has re-ignited my interest in it.

Reaching back a bit here, but two very dope artists:

Ah, Autechre are nice, been meaning to get into more of their music.

I've only listened to the Amber album, but really liked it.

Same with Boards of Canada, only have a couple of their albums but really like them.

Deep techno stuff like Autechre is something i really like but have never listened to enough of to get into it heavily.

I also seem to listen to things in cycles, get a bit bored with a genre, move onto something else.

There always just seems like way too much music to hear to focus on one thing for too long. Unfortunately i like pretty much something from any genre, so i find myself downloading heaps of albums that i only listen to once, even if i really like them.

Hip hop is probably the only genre that i listened to exclusively for long periods of time.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Hip hop is probably the only genre that i listened to exclusively for long periods of time.
    thats no coincidence

I only have "Music Has The Right To Children" and "Geogaddi" from Boards Of Canada, amazing albums, but i find i have to be in the mood for them. Depending on my mood i can find them a little monotonous and at times a little boring (particulary "Geogaddi") to getting totally immersed and lost in their soundscapes and thinking its some of the greatest music ever made.

Autechre i think have mostly brilliant stuff at times, but can be a little hit or miss on some releases, and a lot of people seem divided over a lot of their albums.

I'm the same when it comes to other genres. I can listen to some ambient to techno to drum n bass, or if im feeling a little more adventurous throw on some Venetian Snares or other drill n bass / breakcore, whatever you wanna call it (his "Winter in The Belly of a Snake" is dope though, very atmospheric and different then most of his shit), but i usually only listen to a little and move on. I have Caribou's "Swim" album and some CFCF that i still havent got round to listen. Hip-hop is really the only consistant and in the last two years dubstep also.

I think thats what i like about dubstep, particularly the early stuff, its a mixture of a lot of elements i like from other genres of which i usually tire off by themselves e.g dub, drum n bass etc. I usually go for more ambient, atmospheric dubstep like Burial, Pinch, Distance, Scuba etc, not too sure about this 'brostep' or 'filthstep' (horrible names btw), artists like Borgore, Datsik, 16bit etc, they some dope tracks, but i tire of it very easily wheras i could listen to "Burial" or "Underwater Dancehall" all day.
    Last edited by Durag; 02-24-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Yeah, same thing with techno, dnb etc, i can get bored with them pretty quickly.

I think i'll just download Autechre and Boards of Canada's whole discographys, most fans can't seem to decide which albums are actually worth checking.

No artificial sleazy

Yeah, same thing with techno, dnb etc, i can get bored with them pretty quickly.

I think i'll just download Autechre and Boards of Canada's whole discographys, most fans can't seem to decide which albums are actually worth checking.

I posted a box set of Autechre in my Misc thread recently.

came across this tonight:

http://www.moovmnt.com/2010/07/29/da...dern-funk-mix/

mp3 link is somewhere on that page

Ah, thank you muchnessly robbie.

Oh yeah and that Dam Funk mix is nice, that's the one he put out last year sometime right?

Big thanks to who ever posted the Holy Ghost tracks. I'm really digging their stuff!

I really dig this song:
    Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

When that came out i was really into the Classix remix, check it out if you haven't.

Been listening to a lot of Lusine since i downloaded his LP
    A Certain Distance, everything he does is nice:

Ghostly International have some great artists, check out their site: http://ghostly.com/

Like this guy's stuff also

This guy's youtube channel has heaps of this kind of minimal-dub-techno kind of stuff, worth checking out if you're into that kind of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Throbber1