once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Church Vs. God.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    yes, it is a sin for man to murder.

i still dont see your point.
    the point is god despises human sacrifice but then with jesus he condones human sacrifice.

NON-IGS

death to religion and god

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    the point is god despises human sacrifice but then with jesus he condones human sacrifice.
    condones it for who?
    Last edited by THE W; 01-08-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

yo dont start this bullshit again

Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    it is a sin for man to murder until God commands man to murder
    got a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by D.projectile View Post
    yo dont start this bullshit again
    you dont have to participate in the discussion if you dont want to.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

got a problem with that?

you dont have to participate in the discussion if you dont want to.
    why do u insist on doing this with dat other guy rakoolg..ur both trolling ..right?

u scare a lot of dudes up in here mate. me included

no trolling, just having a legitimate discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L
    I'm undefeated that's the stone truth
    Cause battlin' me is like fightin' a gorilla in a phone booth

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

^
    But God set the wages of sin as death. Then murders (sacrifices) his son (which is a sin) to pay for the sins of all? Where is the gift in any of that. Quoting Paul a self appointed apostle and admitted lier who never even met Yashu'a will never solve this (apparent) puzzle of Rakims and the W's.
    Last edited by Face of the Golden Falcon; 01-07-2013 at 04:46 AM.

Req Em Ab

Jesus Christ offered himself, he could've decided to not go to Jerusalem.
    God didn't kill Jesus lol the people did. Havent you read any of the gospels?

"From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day" (Matthew 16:21).

"Now while they were staying in Galilee, Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him, and the third day He will be raised up." And they were exceedingly sorrowful" (Matthew 17:22-23).

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death, and deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and to scourge and to crucify. And the third day He will rise again" (Matthew 20:18-19).

"And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again" (Mark 8:31).

"For He taught His disciples and said to them, "The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him. And after He is killed, He will rise the third day." But they did not understand this saying, and were afraid to ask Him" (Mark 9:31-32).

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death and deliver Him to the Gentiles; and they will mock Him, and scourge Him, and spit on Him, and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again" (Mark 10:33-34).

"And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one, saying, "The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day." Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me" (Luke 9:21-23).

"Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again." But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken" (Luke 18:31-34).

Non Ignorant Math Team

why did jesus have to sacrifice himself?

christians say its because that was the only way to get rid of sins.

this isnt correct in the context of the torah. sacrifices arent needed for the forgiveness of sins. prayers can suffice for that and also human sacrifice is strictly forbidden and jesus was human. also the sacrifice has to be offered in the temple otherwise its useless.

also its against the torah to punish an innocent for the sins of the guilty. probably the biggest concern is why is sacrifice even necessary.

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    it is a sin for man to murder until God commands man to murder
    got a problem with that?
    lol

When Adam and Eve sinned, God gave them skins to clothe themselves Genesis 3:21. To get the skins, obviously an animal had to die. God sacrificed an animal to cover their sin. From the beginning, God has declared the payment for sin is death, and so innocent blood must be shed to cover up sin. The old covenant a lamb or goat we're sacrificed as payment of sin. Jesus Christ paying the ultimate price for our sins by shedding his innocent blood for us means he made a new covenant, so no longer do we need to sacrifice animals, all we need to do is believe he died on the cross for our sins.

Yes, we know, and it's disgusting from a moral perspective. But hey, the bible is generally and jesus teaching's were all over the place and pretty sickening in part.

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."

I think everyone in this thread should go back to he first post and have a good think about it.