Thread: scratch - the documentary

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Default scratch - the documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrchxm_BBU

Scratch is a documentary film, directed and edited by Doug Pray. Scratch is a film that explores the world of the hip-hop DJ. From the birth of hip-hop, when pioneering DJ's began extending breaks on their party records (which helped inspire break dancing and rap), to the invention of scratching and beat-juggling vinyl, to its more recent explosion as a musical movement called turntablism, it's a story of unknown underdogs and serious virtuosos who have radically changed the way we hear, play and create music. [1] The documentary opens with Grand Wizard Theodore (New York) telling the story of how he first introduced scratching. Throughout the documentary, several artist explains how he/she was introduced to the field of hip-hop and scratch while providing stories and anecdotes of their personal experiences.

the whole shit is on youtube in high quality go watch it and learn something

Graet document!
    Trntblsm 4 life!

Quote Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrchxm_BBU

Scratch is a documentary film, directed and edited by Doug Pray. Scratch is a film that explores the world of the hip-hop DJ. From the birth of hip-hop, when pioneering DJ's began extending breaks on their party records (which helped inspire break dancing and rap), to the invention of scratching and beat-juggling vinyl, to its more recent explosion as a musical movement called turntablism, it's a story of unknown underdogs and serious virtuosos who have radically changed the way we hear, play and create music. [1] The documentary opens with Grand Wizard Theodore (New York) telling the story of how he first introduced scratching. Throughout the documentary, several artist explains how he/she was introduced to the field of hip-hop and scratch while providing stories and anecdotes of their personal experiences.

the whole shit is on youtube in high quality go watch it and learn something
    If it didn't have him, just forget it.
    BEZ
    Peace To New York

One of the dopest DVDs I own....every head should should check it out or better yet, pick it up.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

dope ass documentary

i love this shit

this motivated me a whole lot when i was messing with turntabilism

i had a lot of nights senior year in high school with 40s and blunt watching this over and over

good shit
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"