once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: is jesus a person?

  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    godland
    Posts
    4,560
    Rep Power
    28

    Default is jesus a person?

    and if he isn't, why should we care that the romans got his alien ass.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

    "Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

  2. #2
    God's Replica Mumm Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Black Pyramid
    Age
    32
    Posts
    11,519
    Rep Power
    93

    Default

    I've never seen him myself


  3. #3
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,094
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Hey Zeus - why did they name him this or did they really name him this ?

    his name was supposed to be Immanuel -



    1. Isaiah 7:14
      Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
      Isaiah 7:13-15 (in Context) Isaiah 7 (Whole Chapter)




    1. Isaiah 8:8
      and sweep on into Judah, swirling over it, passing through it and reaching up to the neck. Its outspread wings will cover the breadth of your land, O Immanuel !"
      Isaiah 8:7-9 (in Context) Isaiah 8 (Whole Chapter)




    1. Matthew 1:23
      "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" —which means, "God with us."
      Matthew 1:22-24 (in Context) Matthew 1 (Whole Chapter)



    now what does jesus mean ?


    hey zeus

  4. #4
    Heisman Mic Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    East Columbus/Los Angeles
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,223
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    "fuck a pagan jesus, worship the black prophets"

  5. #5
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    he was a jew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  6. #6
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,094
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    whats the difference between a jew and a hebrew ?


    if he was a jew, he'd be one because his father, Joseph was a jew - but its said that joseph is not his father - so how is jesus a jew ?


    the bible says that joseph is his father - why do people skip over this part ?

  7. #7
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    joseph left the poor bastard when he was just a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  8. #8
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    i know it doesn't say that in the bible, but i'm guessing that's what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    whats the difference between a jew and a hebrew ?


    if he was a jew, he'd be one because his father, Joseph was a jew - but its said that joseph is not his father - so how is jesus a jew ?


    the bible says that joseph is his father - why do people skip over this part ?
    joseph was married to mary

    Genesis 2:
    24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

  10. #10
    Yacub grafted me froth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orange Beach, AL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    Hey Zeus - why did they name him this or did they really name him this ?

    his name was supposed to be Immanuel -



    1. Isaiah 7:14
      Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
      Isaiah 7:13-15 (in Context) Isaiah 7 (Whole Chapter)




    1. Isaiah 8:8
      and sweep on into Judah, swirling over it, passing through it and reaching up to the neck. Its outspread wings will cover the breadth of your land, O Immanuel !"
      Isaiah 8:7-9 (in Context) Isaiah 8 (Whole Chapter)




    1. Matthew 1:23
      "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" —which means, "God with us."
      Matthew 1:22-24 (in Context) Matthew 1 (Whole Chapter)



    now what does jesus mean ?


    hey zeus
    this is where youre wrong, if you knew hebrew, you would know that old testament uses of 'virgin' not only in isaiah but also in jeremiah, was mistranslated into greek. the hebraic word means 'young maiden', who often happen to be virgins, but were not exclusively so. this is why so called 'prophesies' about 'virgin' births often occur mid sentence and out of context. because they arent prophesies. they were co-opted much later to be prophesies. i learned this from a teacher of hebraic studies.

    the idea of the virgin birth and the resurrection is an almagram of older stories, most obviously seen in egypt/kemet

    when the bible was translated there were many other interesting misconnotations, such as with the sodom and gomorrah story

    the jews believed in a messiah. jesus (whatever you want to call him) was smart enough to claim he was the messiah (like countless other zealots of the day) bc it gave him credibility. and by all accounts jesus knew his scripture, thus he rode in on a donkey for example to 'fulfill' 'prophesy'

  11. #11
    underground Slide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ukraine Kiev
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Yeah Jesus is a person

  12. #12
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    godland
    Posts
    4,560
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    a dead person

    *close thread*
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

    "Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

  13. #13
    HANIF Urban_Journalz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Inner Realms of Outer Space
    Posts
    2,094
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    ^^They got that one wrong too.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    whats the difference between a jew and a hebrew ?


    if he was a jew, he'd be one because his father, Joseph was a jew - but its said that joseph is not his father - so how is jesus a jew ?


    the bible says that joseph is his father - why do people skip over this part ?
    it`s through your mother that you are really jewish that is the rule!!!! it goes back to isaac and ishmael....ishmaels mother was hagar the slave ( i think she was eygptian) and isaacs mother was sarah abrahams true wife and it was through sarah and abrahams child that the covant and the nation of hebrew israelites would be established which is through isaac`s son jacob (who`s sons later became the twelve tribes of israel) and from that point on to be called a real jew it has to be through your mother beacuse sarah not hagar was abrahams true wife and through her child the covant and the nation would be established.


    peace be with you !
    Last edited by zooruka; 07-08-2009 at 12:00 AM.

  15. #15
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,094
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by froth View Post
    this is where youre wrong, if you knew hebrew,'

    i asked 2 questions and made one statement - how am i wrong ?

    i placed those scriptures there to note that the child will be named immanuel - i didn't place those scriptures there for us to discuss whether mary was a virgin or not -


    so where am i wrong ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •