Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it possible to imagine a better footballer than pele and maradona???

Default Re: is it possible to imagine a better footballer than pele and maradona???

Prso has a magic carpet

Default Re: is it possible to imagine a better footballer than pele and maradona???

Quote Originally Posted by Krimewave
    Then you really need to see Rooney play more often cause it's blindingly obvious to most other football fans (including Pele and Maradona) that he has the potential to be.
    I think his temper and his overall stupidity will ruin his career. Something Pele never had. Besides, Pele scored over 1000 goals in his career... thats why i said Rooney wont be in his league!

BIG L Rest In Peace

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Prso
    Prso has a magic carpet
    hahaha, could be useful on set pieces.

36, If Rooney can keep playing into his late Thirties, as Pele did, I'm sure he'll amount 1000 goals.
    Just trying to keep up with Ruud at Utd will help his scoring rate no end, lol.

this is a tough question to answer... most of the greatest players ever mentioned tend to be strikers or attacking midfielders... and a lot of them had/have mediocre defensive capablities...

as good as pele was, the old footage of brazil shows guys like didi and garincha (spell?) to be better players... especially the latter considering he had a gummy leg... but again, these are all attacking players...

and there'll never be another guy as good to watch as maradonna, but compare and put him up against some of the greatest keepers and defenders... what carries more weight, scoring or saving goals?...

maradona was as temperamental as Rooney was at same age, got sent off in the world cup finals for an awful foul or something and started a mass riot at barca in (85?) when he kung fu kicked some geez of the opposition. then there was the drugs & the weight problems (that affected his game - rooney doesnt)

Rooney isn't same out & out goalscorer as pele so course he wont score 1000 goals plus he's not playing in the pokey Brazilian league - we all know Brazil don't have any decent goalies or defenders

Huh? Say what? Come on, Rooney don't even have half the technique Maradona had. He's a great player, no doubt, but I don't see him becoming a legend like say Pelé, Zico, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Platini etc. Y'all reaching way out of hand.

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by Protection
    Huh? Say what? Come on, Rooney don't even have half the technique Maradona had. He's a great player, no doubt, but I don't see him becoming a legend like say Pelé, Zico, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Platini etc. Y'all reaching way out of hand.
    I'd say he does. The way he uses his hips to get past players is very similar to Maradona's style and he don't even have the low centre of gravity Maradona had.
    he's also got more to his game than Maradona had.

wait and see son, Rooney will be a legend, you can bank on it.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Dupreez
    I know he a bit aggresive and maybe not the most diciplned player.

But I reckon If ol Alex teaches him properly and he really really learns to focus. Good ol Shrek Aka the Rooney could just maybe with time become the best the world has ever seen.

What you reckon?
    No chance. His career will be over by the time he is 26.

Who the fuck started mentioning Rooney. Jesus.

Theiry Henry is pretty much compareable to Maradonna. I still think Henry is a better player right now than Maradonna has ever been.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroborous
    Rooney isn't same out & out goalscorer as pele so course he wont score 1000 goals plus he's not playing in the pokey Brazilian league - we all know Brazil don't have any decent goalies or defenders
    Poor point, scoring 1000 goals in ANY league is a brilliant achievement... even the Scottish league!

BIG L Rest In Peace

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper1134
    Theiry Henry is pretty much compareable to Maradonna. I still think Henry is a better player right now than Maradonna has ever been.
    rofl.

yeah right, cause Henry never goes missing in the big games does he?

Yizo Yizo

Quote Originally Posted by Dupreez
    I know he a bit aggresive and maybe not the most diciplned player.

But I reckon If ol Alex teaches him properly and he really really learns to focus. Good ol Shrek Aka the Rooney could just maybe with time become the best the world has ever seen.

What you reckon?
    Heading - is it possible to imagine a better footballer..............

Not who is better (present time) than maradona/pele (at their peak)

Like I said with time it could be quite possible that Rooney ranks up there even beyond. The kid aint even 22 and check out his CV. He playing in the Champions league and premiership so for him to score 1000 goals is not going to happen in one season. Like I said with time there is a possiblity.
    Bring it ek se!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krimewave
    I'd say he does. The way he uses his hips to get past players is very similar to Maradona's style and he don't even have the low centre of gravity Maradona had.
    he's also got more to his game than Maradona had.

wait and see son, Rooney will be a legend, you can bank on it.
    I don't know, he's not a leader like Maradona was. I mean, can you imagine Argentina winning the '86 world cup without Maradona? Most people don't. That was one of the (many) great things Maradona was able to do, to lead his team into victory. While playing in Napoli they won 2 scudettos and 1 UEFA cup, but they went from champions to loser instantly after Maradona left the club. Look at them today, they're playing in serie B or C? In other words, Rooney is not as dominating as Maradona was. But hey, Rooney's only 19 yrs. he's got many years ahead of him...

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroborous
    brazil are starting to have better defenders and goalies

DIDA is a good goalie coz he tall and long ahaha
    theres also Alex (psv) and Marcos

r.carlos and cafu are the best defenders from brazil

watch out for defenders like Juan, Roque Junior, Luisao, Lucio, Belletti

to me a player that could touch pele and maradonna is
    Ronaldinho (el brujo) , Kaka (who is considered to be the white pele) and

Ronaldo (im gonna get heat for this)
    BUT CHECK IT in his prime he was dangerous
    this guy was scoring goals like crazy
    now his leggz are all ruffed up
    and hes won practically every award out there so he has nothing to prove
    next years world cup will be the last for him and i guarantee you will see
    what ronaldo is about

peace

Quote Originally Posted by chiba
    brazil are starting to have better defenders and goalies

DIDA is a good goalie coz he tall and long ahaha
    theres also Alex (psv) and Marcos

r.carlos and cafu are the best defenders from brazil

watch out for defenders like Juan, Roque Junior, Luisao, Lucio, Belletti

to me a player that could touch pele and maradonna is
    Ronaldinho (el brujo) , Kaka (who is considered to be the white pele) and

Ronaldo (im gonna get heat for this)
    BUT CHECK IT in his prime he was dangerous
    this guy was scoring goals like crazy
    now his leggz are all ruffed up
    and hes won practically every award out there so he has nothing to prove
    next years world cup will be the last for him and i guarantee you will see
    what ronaldo is about

peace
    Even though I hate Real Madrid with all my heart I must say you can't forget Robinho as a great contender for the title as 'the next Pelé'.