once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rza Vs. Premier

Veteran Member

Default Rza Vs. Premier

i saw someone in the last post about 7L or PREMO make this comparison, so here we go,

You might be able to compare RZA to PREMIER, but overall PREMIER has much longer longevity then RZA and ive never heard a BAD PREMO beat, even if it wasnt all that nice it still wasnt bad, i have heard some wack RZA beats, and this is what ill give RZA over Premier, RZA is alot more diverse, he works alot over seas, he does soundtracks and scores, thats the only thing RZA really has over PREMO but like i said i never heard a bad PREMO beat, and i like PREMOS beats alot more than RZA's, but dont get me wrong i think RZA is one of the best Producers in Music as well so, take that however you want

Default Re: Rza Vs. Premier

Your comparing the number 1 and number 2 producers ever. I'm not going to argue with you if you say Premier is better, because you could make a very good case that he is. But, RZA has created some of the best albums ever. Premier has produced some arguably classic albums as well. Im going to take the RZA though because I think he's the greatest ever.

yo i dont wanna sound like an dickryda but i just think rza is the greatest producer all time....i mean premo is top3 but rza is no1
    rza>_______

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

Listen to Wrath of The Math, I personally think that's Premo's best produced album. That's a hard comparison, i won't choose, him and premo are in the top 3 to me and that's it.

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

I'm goin with Premo.Premo almost never lemme down beatwise while Rza sometimes did ( not alot tho' ).And I'm not trynna bitch or something, I respect y'all opinions but it's not the projects ( wether he does soundtracks or works with MC's overseas ) that make a producer great, it's his beats.Just my opnion tho'

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
    The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

Banned

yea premos better

Tian Xia

imo premo is a much better producer he never comes weak where as rza does i love the old rza shit it's classic but nowadays i don;t regard him quite as much

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

i pick madlib

Veteran Member

it was me who made the comparison in the last thread and i knew i should have made this thread but ya beat me haha

personally i think it would be like comparing rakim to krs or slick rick to kool g rap, in the way rza and primo have started different styles and techniques which has influenced all producers after them.

but personal prefrence i would choose RZA

Veteran Member

mind you RZA made one of the worst beats ever on supreme clientle, 'stroke of death' was unbearable!!!!!!!

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Yeah that a damn good comparison...Primo is one of the dopest producers ever....definatley top 5. But my pick has to go with the Rza....in my opnion the dopest producer of our time. He makes musical masterpieces. MF Doom is on my list as well.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by dooboy
    it was me who made the comparison in the last thread and i knew i should have made this thread but ya beat me haha

personally i think it would be like comparing rakim to krs or slick rick to kool g rap, in the way rza and primo have started different styles and techniques which has influenced all producers after them.

but personal prefrence i would choose RZA

I gave yopu props look at the 1st sentence of my post
    )

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

I pick przamier

i think i'm high

anyone who says madlib/doom or w/e needs to seriously get their headchecked.

hmm this is such a hard one, both pretty different styles, but premo's catalauge in soley production is much more consistent bangerwise. i cuttin for hooks too. Premo also has a wider sound range IMO, but i don't think one is better then the other, it's apples and oranges, both do things differently. both are def some of the best in the game.

Realness

I think RZA is #1 in terms of coming up with innovative beats, but Premier is #1 in his consistency to make quality beats.
    And the survey says: "you're dead..."