Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Rza Vs. Premier

Veteran Member

Default Re: Rza Vs. Premier

yeah...it's also fucked ppl are not citing pete rock; it's a three way tie (err... two way rza and primo for 1st place and a close second to pete rock)

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36

Rza was already better than premo after those first 7 wu albums and people agreed. it wasnt until forever when he tried something different(which people now appreciate)
    which people now appreciate? you mean on this forum? man go outside, ask anybody about premo and rza, they'll tell you the truth

Quote Originally Posted by lateshowhost
    yeah...it's also fucked ppl are not citing pete rock; it's a three way tie (err... two way rza and primo for 1st place and a close second to pete rock)
    Oh yeah most definately I think Pete Rock should be in everybody's top 5 at least. He's the jazz king hands down.

i gotta say RZA. I think they both rarely come with bad beats, in fact almost all of them are dope. But RZA is a better producer becasue he can arrange MC's on tracks liike no other and also he is much more diversified. RZA makin beats for many MCs and while Premo does the same, it's always got that west coast flavor and it almost always is for Guru

Quote Originally Posted by WuStar
    which people now appreciate? you mean on this forum? man go outside, ask anybody about premo and rza, they'll tell you the truth
    premier did what he had to do to get his name out there, he worked with the big guys while Rza stuck with his crew. how do you know he wasnt turning people down? when he made those first 7 albums he stayed in the basement so he never went out and met people. he went a different direction than premo, he worked with overseas artists.

skrilla was dope beat. opinions, opinions. premo wouldnt be able to make a beat like that cuz he uses the same snare and drum pattern all day. his "pop shots" beat wasnt shit. riot act aint that great of a beat either. you give me a premo album that is better produced than cuban linx and liquid swords.

like i said, the only thing premo has over Rza is notoriety.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Geo the God Of Diction rzarazorrzarazorsharp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by africanWUprince
    you dudes are crazy RZA birthed a whole generation of beatmakers after Rza came out niggaz started changing the way they put beats together.He is the best for that simple fact. plus his beats are very emotional. that dudes beats have you wondering how the fuck he made that shit.
    that is tru...i've read in a rza interview long ago that he use to battle premier with beats..and then premier picked up on rza sample chopping and premier has thanked him ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by WuStar
    don't forget hip hop artists aint asking for Rza beats, but they're asking for Premo, this guy is everywhere

nowadays Rza is more for Hollywood
    that what makes him better then premo...the fact that he came from a sampling background and is now writing sound scores....who else has done that?????

as much as everyone argues...we will have to wait for the meth, rae , and wutang clan album to see whats really good with rza in 2005....people's opinion may make a complete 360 ( and i mean either way) depending on what rza puts out.

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

being honest, i gotta say rza

Quote Originally Posted by rzarazorrzarazorsharp
    that what makes him better then premo...the fact that he came from a sampling background and is now writing sound scores....who else has done that?????
    who fucking cares about writing sound scores? we're talking about rap music

Quote Originally Posted by graffitiwhat
    i saw someone in the last post about 7L or PREMO make this comparison, so here we go,

You might be able to compare RZA to PREMIER, but overall PREMIER has much longer longevity then RZA and ive never heard a BAD PREMO beat, even if it wasnt all that nice it still wasnt bad, i have heard some wack RZA beats, and this is what ill give RZA over Premier, RZA is alot more diverse, he works alot over seas, he does soundtracks and scores, thats the only thing RZA really has over PREMO but like i said i never heard a bad PREMO beat, and i like PREMOS beats alot more than RZA's, but dont get me wrong i think RZA is one of the best Producers in Music as well so, take that however you want
    They can't be compared... They are the two greatest producers ever, but they make two completely different types of hip hop. Premo has light beats and MAD scratches! I think i'll never get tired of the premo sound. But RZAs beats are wild! The early wu beats... do i need to say more??

Primo has never reached the highest level of RZA.

RZA has more creativity.

RZA has more depth.

RZA has more styles.

RZA has more classics.

RZA has more natural talent.

RZA is more innovative.

RZA can shape beats to the rapper.

RZA has the scope and range to make scores for films.

RZA created sounds on hiphop records that had never been done before.

RZA has always tried to move his sound foward, that will cause difficulties though, but that is just progression.

RZA can rap AND produce. (noting to do with this debate but i think thats rare)

And ill stop now before I sound like a COMPLETE "dykrider", which is what ppl call you on here if you a fan.

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

I am thinking about this objectively, not from a dick riding point of view.

In rza's prime he knew how to put together a classic better than premo. Rza had that down to an art form. How does ob4cl compair to the sun rises in the east or moment of truth. I think they are all classics but rza's albums edge it.

Yes Premo hasnt put out a bad beat, but RZA has put out much more material than him and therefore a few bad beats can be forgiven
    When the revolution come, you can see me on the frontline
    firing my gun, standing right beside my son
    so when he grows up, he'll understand that i stood for somethin
    when my whole life, they told me i was good for nothin... - Inspectah Deck

They both have their own styles how can you compare, imo they compliment each other. When I think of that classic new york boom bap with the turntable scratch, I think of primo. When I think of that dark grimey sewer sound, I think of Rza.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man