View Poll Results: Pt. II

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

    62 31.79%
  • Superior

    78 40.00%
  • Banger

    38 19.49%
  • Good

    11 5.64%
  • Average

    2 1.03%
  • Mediocre

    3 1.54%
  • Wack

    1 0.51%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 250

Thread: Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt II

  1. #196

    Default

    It's a classic, there's no doubt, shit is loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  2. #197
    nada ignorante hotnikks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,784
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    For me this is the Best release from a Wu artist since Supreme Clientele. Im serious too.

  3. #198

    Default

    i finally figured out why "We Will Rob You" always gives me an old school vibe...the sample for the beat was used in the song "Money in the Bank" off of Wanted: Dead or Alive by G Rap and Polo, makes me like the track even more now

  4. #199
    Veteran Member corky831's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,091
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    this album is a classic........still love it 2 months after its release
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

  5. #200
    PRODIGAL SUN Fright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vilnius, LTU
    Age
    27
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yeah, i agree.For me this is the best wu solo album since SC
    Stay Off The F*&?%$' Flowers

  6. #201

    Default

    Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 Review (WORLD EXCLUSIVE)
    July 21st, 2009 · 1 Comment
    “A Toast To The Best To Ever Do It”


    That's still a flipping shit review.

  7. #202

    Default

    superior album, but in some time it will turn into classic, I'm 100% sure about it

  8. #203

    Default

    best album of the year imo but stil prefer 1st one.. pretty impossible to top that tho.
    Wu-Tang forever

  9. #204
    Killer Bob claaa7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE BLACK LODGE
    Posts
    13,824
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    ^^ of course the first one is better lol.. look at it like this, OB4CL2 is the best album of the year but OB4CL1 is the best album of all time. there's a huge difference there...

    this is probably my favorite LP of the year too though, and the only Wu album to make my top-5 and maybe even 10.



    daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

    r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

  10. #205

    Default

    ^ cosign that whole post except the part about it being the only Wu album making my top 10...Dopium probably slides in there for me at 10

  11. #206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ of course the first one is better lol.. look at it like this, OB4CL2 is the best album of the year but OB4CL1 is the best album of all time. there's a huge difference there...

    this is probably my favorite LP of the year too though, and the only Wu album to make my top-5 and maybe even 10.
    thats why i said its pretty impossible to top that
    Wu-Tang forever

  12. #207

    Default

    36 Chambers
    Liquid Swords
    Cuban Linx
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Supreme Clientele
    Ironman
    Cuban Linx 2
    Return to 36
    Fishscale
    No Said Date

    Tical
    Beneath the Surface
    Bobby Digital in Stereo
    The W
    8 Diagrams
    Protools
    Grandmasters
    Tical 2000
    Iron Flag
    Dopium

    Here is my top 20 breakdown

    I put Cuban Linx 2 in the #7 spot. I think it's better than the modern classics, No Said Date and Fishscale, but not as good as the top 6, all golden era releases. Everything in the top ten is 4.5 or above. I would call Tical the weakest of the golden era releases, starting at #11. Even though Return to 36 isn't a perfect album, it's uniqueness equates to #8. Sliding in at #16 and rounding out the top 20 are Pro Tools and Dopium, relatively new releases. Legend of a Liquid Sword would be my pick for #21 meaning GZA has 5 of the top 21 albums released.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  13. #208
    n.i. battle?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    dirty myrtle
    Posts
    3,088
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    ^ we know how much u love ur "iglc" polls..
    u have no right putting this album even in the same rent district as

    Return to 36
    Fishscale
    No Said Date

    Tical
    Beneath the Surface
    Bobby Digital in Stereo
    The W

    ill take one for the discussion..
    really brock..
    return 2 the 36 is not as good as cl2..
    dispite all ur polls an such u still put cl2 above return..
    so ur saying tracks like shimmy,zoo,raW HIDE,HIPPA2 THE HOPPA,dont u know..really dont u know...is not better than anything on cl2
    dont u know..!!!
    ur out of u fuckin mind bro..
    the stomp..
    snakes..
    please tell us why cl2 is greater than dirty's 1st..
    an also tell us why ur not a vatican anymore..







  14. #209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by battle? View Post
    ^ we know how much u love ur "iglc" polls..
    u have no right putting this album even in the same rent district as

    Return to 36
    Fishscale
    No Said Date

    Tical
    Beneath the Surface
    Bobby Digital in Stereo
    The W

    ill take one for the discussion..
    really brock..
    return 2 the 36 is not as good as cl2..
    dispite all ur polls an such u still put cl2 above return..
    so ur saying tracks like shimmy,zoo,raW HIDE,HIPPA2 THE HOPPA,dont u know..really dont u know...is not better than anything on cl2
    dont u know..!!!
    ur out of u fuckin mind bro..
    the stomp..
    snakes..
    please tell us why cl2 is greater than dirty's 1st..
    an also tell us why ur not a vatican anymore..

    Ok calm down a second and let's think about this logically alright. First of all, you didn't even mention two of the best tracks on return to 36, Damage and Cuttin' Headz which is a crime in and of itself. For that album, as great as it it is, had only two singles, Brooklyn Zoo and Shimmy Shimmy Ya. Cuban Linx 2 was hyped for 4 years and produced not only State of Grace and Shaolin Go Hard as scraps leftover that are classics, but also singles and videos for New Wu, Catalina, Walk With Me, House of Flying Daggers, Have Mercy, Surgical Gloves, and singles for Gihad and Kiss the Ring. It is arguable that there are at least 8 classic tracks on the album to as many as 20, more than the actual number of tracks on Return to 36 (16). Say what you want about Return to 36, it's a brilliant album, as are Fishscale and No Said Date...but those albums just can't match the bulk of straight bangers from start to finish that Cuban Linx 2 has. Feel free to tear down that logic in any way you like, I think I've stated my case clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  15. #210
    n.i. battle?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    dirty myrtle
    Posts
    3,088
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    cl2 has only been out how long..
    were thinking about this logically right..?>
    return 2 is going back where.?
    i could of posted the whole track list of return2 from start 2 finish..
    really "the bulk of straight bangers"
    what track does every wu fan want to hear @ a wu concert..
    its not state of grace..
    its not new wu
    its not house of..
    do i need 2 go on..?
    go ask rae what album he thinks is better..
    an to shed some logic..
    @ least the kung fu samples are relevant to return 2..
    really brock..
    u cant be right all the time..







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •