once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: How fake are mainstream hip hop artist?

Default How fake are mainstream hip hop artist?

People talk shit about mainstream, and personally I feel it is all fraud. how bad is this shit really?

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

pretty fake i guess

depends on the artist.... for example nobody callin ludacris fake... nobody callin meth and red fake.... but then theres artists like lil wayne and rick ross who are blatantly fake

with the internet how it is now, its not easy for fake gangstas to get away with shit anymore, especially after ja rule got his card pulled and now rick ross too....

and if u talkin about fake then u cant rlly talk about lyrical abilities at the same time......take 50 for example, he couldnt freestyle to save his life, but he did more dirt than 90% of the industry....and nas for example, he is one of the greatest ever, but he dont bust his gun even tho he talks like it
    Last edited by TGambino; 07-23-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    depends on the artist.... for example nobody callin ludacris fake... nobody callin meth and red fake.... but then theres artists like lil wayne and rick ross who are blatantly fake

with the internet how it is now, its not easy for fake gangstas to get away with shit anymore, especially after ja rule got his card pulled and now rick ross too....

and if u talkin about fake then u cant rlly talk about lyrical abilities at the same time......take 50 for example, he couldnt freestyle to save his life, but he did more dirt than 90% of the industry....and nas for example, he is one of the greatest ever, but he dont bust his gun even tho he talks like it
    this is true except for 50 the guy was always a fraud.

lynskey

I could not give a fuck what rappers do in their own time or weather they are fake or not. as long as they make decent music I couldnt give a fuck, people are too worried about rappers personalties, when the only thing that matters is if tey makin good music, I don't care if they rap about being a G or how much they love there mom, as long as it sounds good its fine.

"Fuck mainstream & underground - 'is the shit any good?' is what matters
    Why categorize? There's wack and there's nice"
    - Tonedeff

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

nah its not the skill or how good it sounds, its the message...hip hop has always been about the message never the money, skill, or the quality. I like to know if the message is real or just for cash.

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Mainstream artist's are my sweet spot...I use to like Underground rap but most them are talentless bitches and the same goes for commercial artists.

Shit Loud records in the 90s was the the haven for mainstream artists like Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Big Pun, Beatnuts, Dead Prez, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus Santorini View Post
    Shit Loud records in the 90s was the the haven for mainstream artists like Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Big Pun, Beatnuts, Dead Prez, etc
    Word, Loud Records was simply the best label in the 90's....