once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuban linx 2 cover

Default Cuban linx 2 cover

There has probably been loads of threads on this already I have missed.
    My thoughts on the cover
    -Computer generated Rae and ghost put together by technology
    -Bit of a let down to me as they could have came way nicer with the cover
    -The tracklist leaked only has Ghost on 5 tracks or that
    -Being the way Rae is I am sure he would have him self on the cover with no risk of anyone taking any shine away from him
    -Rae wants to be seen as the main creative force behind part 2 as I am sure deep down it will have pissed Rae off that so many see Cuban linx 1 as Rae, Ghost and the Rza. Many highlighting Rza as the main reason the album is a classic.
    Rae has one massive ego and this time around wants full credit for what he says is a classic album.

Maybe thats just my take on it

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by Killah_L View Post
    -Being the way Rae is I am sure he would have him self on the cover with no risk of anyone taking any shine away from him
    -Rae wants to be seen as the main creative force behind part 2 as I am sure deep down it will have pissed Rae off that so many see Cuban linx 1 as Rae, Ghost and the Rza. Many highlighting Rza as the main reason the album is a classic.
    Rae has one massive ego and this time around wants full credit for what he says is a classic album.

Maybe thats just my take on it
    man he did that ambum by himself!! why the fuck would he give credit to someone else?
    damn get a life man

wow ... .. what a Stupid thread.. .... Every thought is pointless, and inaccurate..

Must have been some shitty weed that Killa_L is smoking

I stand by what I said, everyone has opinions. If we all thought the same it would be a boring world. To say that none of my points are accurate is wrong. Maybe I am wrong and Rae is quite happy to make it as like cuban linx 1 in appearance as possible. There just my thoughts.

WuTang is the Foundation smokebongoncliff's Avatar

i understand your last point. When i think about who created and took cuban links 1 to the next level i think of RZA.

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

There has probably been loads of threads on this already I have missed.
    My thoughts on the cover
    -Computer generated Rae and ghost put together by technology
    -Bit of a let down to me as they could have came way nicer with the cover
    -The tracklist leaked only has Ghost on 5 tracks or that

a. the cover is dope especially being that someone from this forum made the cover!

b. the cover is murder it takes cl1 and flips it new style.

c. im pissed that ghost is only on 5 songs... that's not cl2 material.

d. definitely

e. im sorry it's not cl2 without ghost and rza, next off....
    i would never take a niggaz word "it's classic" until i judge it myself...
    we've seen rae talk about being the creative force behind all his products... look at the CLASSIC ALBUMS LIKE IMMOBILARITY AND LEX DIAMONDS STORY..

^^
    no other wu dude can make classics like those albums!!! get it right.....

hahaha
    without Rza or ghost. CL2 isn't CL2 .

the main reason why CL1 was classic... cause you had 3 magnificent minds focused on one project throwing ideas all over the place and were on the same page... they made sure the album was bloody...

how can anyone soley take the credit for CL1??
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Ghostface is on 7 tracks not 5....

House Of Flying Daggers
    Cold Outside
    New Wu
    Penitentiary
    Criminology Part II
    10 Bricks
    The Jihad

SHAOLIN STUDENT

but why cant everybody just understand that its Cuban Linx !!!!!PART 2!!!!!
    its not the first, so yes he did it alone without rza & ghost being involved as much as in the first one, im totally aware that it wont be as good as the 1st one but damn everybody here is already sayin it wont be good and nobody heard it

I never said it wouldn't be any good, I was just giving my views on the cover.

Personally I think and hope it will be the best Wu release since Supreme Clientele

The cover is fucking wack

What disapoints me about the cover is the photoshop. The first cuban ghost and rae were actually standing in a room with an actual big ass wu symbol hanging from the ceiling. The lighting, the smoke coming off rae's dome and all that shit was real.

Sean you're nice with the photosop, but I wish they didn't choose that route with an album so important.

Seans done better shit than this.

I dont think for one minute Sean should be designing the cover for CL2, but this is not even his best stuff.

From a design point of view (my line of interest), its wrong on so many levels imo. There seems to be a border around it, where everything just fades to black. The "raekwon" is wack, its all metallic, it should just be block white. The photo is wack, and doesnt blend at all with the photoshopping. Nothing pops, nothing stands out. Theres no acctual design thought process here, just random photoshopping techniques.

As for the superimposed photo itself, its horrible. Raekwon looks dead, and Ghotlooks like hes having a heart attack and about 60 years old.

Overall its a terrible cover, looks last minute and cheap. I wouldnt even commision it for a mixtape.
    Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 07-27-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    The cover is fucking wack
    bro whyd u change the avatar?

and im not expecting a classic album, BUT i am expecting rae to bring the heat.

the cover is dope to me. i wouldnt see the cover to CL2 any other way

I agree with Laced.

Cover is weak.

I like it...

But who the fuck cares... ITS A COVER!!!