once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gambino Playstaion

Default Gambino Playstaion

Whats the thought on the "keep the gambino playstation in your playpen" lyric? I know what I think but I want to hear y'all's opinion on it.

Default Re: Gambino Playstaion

Quote Originally Posted by funky_tooth
    Whats the thought on the "keep the gambino playstation in your playpen" lyric? I know what I think but I want to hear y'all's opinion on it.
    i always thought it was about the Wu Tang video game for the PS. tellin us to keep the game in like we keep their albums in our cd players

Here's my thought. Gambino= Gangsters
    Gambino Playstation = Gun(s)
    Playpen=Crib,House,whatever
    Keep the Gambino Playstation in the Playpen= Keep your Gun at Home

Maybe I'm fucked in the nugget though.

or gambino = wu gambino
    playstation = playstaton
    playpen = home

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i no it wasnt referrin to the Wu video game cuz it came out way after Forever....

i think he just meant wut chuck sed.....kept the Wu gambinos playstation at sum1s crib...

Haha to me he is actually referring to the Sony Playstation, which was blowing up at that time. I believe I got one that first christmas that Forever came out. Now, Gambino just makes it sound cool. It could be some metaphorical shit I don't know.

^^^
    that actualy makes a lotta sense to me?

lol@ fucked in the nugget

Veteran Member mic-cord-strangler's Avatar

hahaha

good topic.. keep these comin
    1st king

Veteran Member

i was thinkin simplisticly, wu keep they playstation at home, but that makes a shitload more sense, especially with it being Wu.

i think he's just saying we got a playstation at the house.

how did you come up with gambino playstation being guns?
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

For a gambino, a playstation (object of action) is a gun, that's where it comes from. I always thought he meant gun too, like a "Gambinos playstation is gun" type of thought process.

Why would he mention Sony Playstation?

why not? the wu gambinos have a playstation at the crib. those guys play video games too.

is "gambino playstation" really slang for a rifle. is this from the godfather or scarface or something?
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

here's a wild thought... Ghostface doesn't care what he says as long as it rhymes... He thought hmm playstation ... playpen... they rhyme. I really don't think Ghostface puts more than 5 minutes into his rhymes. Please stop analyzing Ghost's lyrics, they don't make sense cause he doesnt care if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam
    here's a wild thought... Ghostface doesn't care what he says as long as it rhymes... He thought hmm playstation ... playpen... they rhyme. I really don't think Ghostface puts more than 5 minutes into his rhymes. Please stop analyzing Ghost's lyrics, they don't make sense cause he doesnt care if they do.
    we know this.

i just wanna know where people get "gambino playstation" as meaning a gun from?

pffffftahahahaha this is the first thread i have read in 'lyrical interpretation' im with bedlam on this one, listen to the start of nutmeg, he said it in a interview once that the song doesnt make sence - its just ghost jiberish. and read the manual rza talks about ghost writing his first rhyme for 36 in like 15 minutes. he's mad on another level. ghost is a lyrical genius, "gambino playstation" = "gun" i very much doubt it, good read tho hahah