Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: inglorious basterds

The Movie Was Good A Little Long And Boring At Times. I Really Could Of Did Without The Chick Movie Theatre Owner German War Hero Storyline It Did Nothing For Me. Should Have Had More Of The Basterds.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

just saw it 2 hours ago, brilliant movie! tarantino and brad cant go wrong.
    I almost fell out my seat laughing during the scene when they were trying to speak italian.
    the basement scene where they were sitting next to the nazi officer was one of the highlights for me, that stiglitz dude wanted to kill him so bad lol

saw it again today...i was so hungry during the strudel scene...LMAO

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

umm, I love Strudel, my mom usually does the version with apples in it, great stuff
    bring back begongo!!

he made that shit look so tastey..eloels.

saw it today, awesome. QT always nails the soundtrack. I hear he hears the music for a scene before he actually writes it which would explain a lot. Many a lol moment. great all around

He hit the bingo

Support the Real. Click HERE

Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    umm, I love Strudel, my mom usually does the version with apples in it, great stuff
    i'd love to eat your mom's strudel

lol

Quote Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
    eloels.

The tension created by the dialogue in this film was brilliantly crafted. I was gripped every time Landa said anything. For me though, this was all that separated this movie from being good, and being not so good. The violence depicted was some of the most gratuitous violence I have seen in a while (outside of zombie flicks haha). I honestly thought the stylized violence in Kill Bill was more tasteful. While it's hard to say that the brutality of the violence wasn't justified, considering the inhumane nature of the holocaust, somehow it was. Some people might argue that the excessive brutality was a huge part of the political message being sent, however the atrocities committed had me sympathizing with the Germans, which may or may not have been part of Tarantino's aim with the film. Regardless, I walked out of the theatre asking myself why so much violence was necessary, which takes away from the great characters and fairly interesting plot of the film.

The music selection was a bizarre arrangement, that sounded kind of like he simply applied the Kill Bill soundtrack to this movie. It fit well in some parts, but overall it didn't fit nearly as well as it did on Kill Bill.

Overall I give it a 8 out of 10 for the great characters.

hes was going for a specific type of film, a spaghetti western set in ww2...so thats why it looked and felt the way it did regarding the violence...and also, he just loves exploitation...u gotta take it in like a zombie exploitation flick, and let the rest raise it above that.

^^^I enjoyed the film and Landa's probably one of the best character's that's come from Tarantino imo...but to me the exploitation tone sits uncomfortably with the backdrop of actual historical events...it's just weird and kind of tasteless to treat ww2 as a simply film genre and then do a pastiche of it lol but the staging of the action, the performances and the characterization were all well done.

as far as the soundtrack/musical arrangement...i'd say it's the weakest in his filmography to date...but that's probably because he stepped out his comfort zone of mostly 60s-70s soul and funk music, obscure/weird pop music and morricone or morricone-esque instrumentals
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 09-05-2009 at 10:21 PM.

its clear that its like an Earth-2 version of ww2..eloels, so that kinda helps...and its directly influenced by exploitation war films...tho i see what u mean...since i felt the way u did until the end where Hitler....well, u kno...eloels...then i was like, AH i see. well done.

^^^oh very true lol
    this is one of the rare films where like the last 15-20 minutes or so actually raises the bar rather than fizzles out predictably
    i also felt that in this...and to an extent the kill bill movies as well, he didn't have the greatest handle on the pacing...it felt somewhat uneven whereas reservoir dogs, pulp fiction...even jackie brown and the grindhouse flick showed an absolute control over the pacing.
    the highest compliment i can give it as that i definitely want to watch it again

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    hahahhaahhaha good one
    bring back begongo!!