once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: District 9

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    40 years? They have them now.
    Yes, they have guns and automatic weapons that are extremely powerful but not the long range guns that can explode like 20 people at once.

Imagine a hand gun that can explode a person's body in half. They're going to make it. It's only a matter of time, I fear.
    "Criminals have more rights than victims. Protect yourself and show no mercy with vengeance!"

are you incapable of understanding? They HAVE them NOW. You think guns haven't evolved beyond simple bullets by now? They just haven't unleashed them yet, for the same reason they haven't "discovered" alternative fuels. Once they did, the old weapons would be obsolete, and therefore worthless. Use your head please. There is a billion watt microwave in Alaska known as HAARP, which can create earthquakes over land and Tsunamis in the sea, and that shit was developed in the late 19th century. It's not like the US or any other military is discovering this stuff and putting it on the news or filing with the patent office.
    Last edited by beautifulcock; 08-23-2009 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    are you incapable of understanding? They HAVE them NOW. You think guns haven't evolved beyond simple bullets by now? They just haven't unleashed them yet, for the same reason they haven't "discovered" alternative fuels. Once they did, the old weapons would be obsolete, and therefore worthless. Use your head please. There is a billion watt microwave in Alaska known as HAARP, which can create earthquakes over land and Tsunamis in the sea, and that shit was developed in the late 19th century. It's not like the US or any other military is discovering this stuff and putting it on the news or filing with the patent office.
    I HATE people like you! Just because YOU said, "They have them now" doesn't mean it true. You think you're so damn smart and everyone should and MUST listen to you. And if they do not, you consider them to be idiots and fuck ups. I had it with this e-loser who probably has no REAL offline friends. I'm putting you on my ignore list. Fuck you!
    "Criminals have more rights than victims. Protect yourself and show no mercy with vengeance!"

bummer^^^ lol
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

best Alien movie since Cameron's "Aliens."

Wu Vatican

^ for real though, they dont have those weapons now.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

For real though

Do you have a device in your kitchen that can harness microwaves?
    Is there a device that can fry electronic devices and harness the power of magnetism?
    Is there a device that can harness soundwaves?
    Have you ever heard of the term "tactical nuke"?

Those are the basic principals of all the weapons shown in District 9. Don't tell me they don't have them.

John W. Henry

fuck off bitchin folks

dvd quality (R5) rip is out in Russia now... people sorting out a synch for the english audio. this come out fast.

i need to watch this soon.

It was a good movie. Reminded me a lot of Planet of the Apes. Curious how the prawn being interviewed in the commercial did not make an appearance in the film. Deleted scene most likely, or perhaps simply used to make the commercial better.

As far as the politics associated with the film are concerned, I don't like to lend my thoughts out to conspiracy theories, but the obsession and power associated with weapons manufacturing was illuminated very well by the tightly written plot.

I thought the movie got quite cheesy towards the end, but such can be expected.

As far as a sequel goes, I was quite taken by the aliens in this film, and would watch a sequel. There's a whole lot of potential left here to unravel. They could definitely do more with the political theme they have going.

Wu Vatican

the politics of the film had nothing to do with these super top secret weapons that "we have" right now or corporatism controlling things.

it was showing the parallels with apartheid and xenophobia. the fact that its in south africa is a huge tip off at that. there was an actual district 6 in south africa that was a slum where like 60000 people were forcible removed in the 70s under apartheid.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

I was amazed this only cost $30,000,000 to make.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
    I was amazed this only cost $30,000,000 to make.

thats what happens when you dont have to pay a bunch of big name d-bags millions upon millions just to be in your film.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

alot of jewels in this flick

an alien named christopher johnson ?

Veteran Member

Some of you guys are truly fucking losers arguing over a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    alot of jewels in this flick

an alien named christopher johnson ?

and there are controlled/directed energy weapons being tested now
    everything from plasma to microwaves to electromagnetism

read up on it