Thread: Who produced Cam'ron - Down and Out off of Purple Haze???

Default Who produced Cam'ron - Down and Out off of Purple Haze???

I remember reading somewhere that Kanye didnt produce this...

So who did???

Dont know where you read that but K. West DID produce it, it fits his style easily

Not to mention Kanye & Syleena Johnson do the chorus and Camron speaks to West in the beginning of the song...

"Uh Killa
    Baby
    Kanye this that 1970s heroin flow huh"

Kanye didnt, it was brion "all day" miller. I had a kanye soul mixtape, and he explained it alll on that. they fucked up the printing or something, i think kanye was in the studio and gave the sample, then when they heard how miller flipped it, they all went crazy, it was suposed to say "co produced" by kanye, but i guess it was gonna sell better with kanyes name as producer so they went with that.

There was this youtube video with Kanye (which was taken down I guess) where he said that was his best beat he didnt produce or something to that effect...

Found just now that Brian "All Day" Miller produced it (or co-produced it)... Dont really know who is MOST responsible for the track tho...

And just because a guy is on the hook dont mean he produced shit... (i.e. Puff Daddy)

^Yeah what Ghostlaced said...

Quote Originally Posted by Thworldisyours View Post
    There was this youtube video with Kanye (which was taken down I guess) where he said that was his best beat he didnt produce or something to that effect...
    yeah that was from the mixtape. he was talking about all the samples he'd been using, and he came to the down and out sample, and he said he didnt actually produce the beat.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Great beat regardless

Game used it also

closets pet cemetary