once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: New Edan Project Complete

  1. #1
    Studio Gangster Memory Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,241
    Rep Power
    34

    Default New Edan Project Complete

    i haven't heard the whole thing yet and i'm not sure if i'm even allowed to give you the title yet, but the stuff he played me over the phone is insane. mark my words, strong contender for album of the year...

  2. #2
    Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan! oldie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hull, England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,892
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    a new Edan album?! damn that would be goood! He drops strong albums!!

    so its coming this yr you say?
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

  3. #3
    Studio Gangster Memory Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,241
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    it should be out some time in the 4th quarter. it's a production album with no rapping, but i guarantee you'll like it if you're an edan fan.

  4. #4
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    every Edan album was a contender for GOTY
    bring back begongo!!

  5. #5
    Veteran Member WuGambino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Liverpool
    Age
    27
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    sweet, there hasnt been anything about this on the web, just some stuff about him doing "a mix project tentatively titled 'Echo Party'" on wiki... can you tell us if its this or something else?

    regardless this is awesome news ive been fiending for new edan for ages... hes like the opposite of Doom lol, years between albums

  6. #6

    Default

    Yo memory man when is that other album dropping? MC Paul Barman if I'm not mistaken?

  7. #7
    Studio Gangster Memory Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,241
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WuGambino View Post
    a mix project tentatively titled 'Echo Party'"
    you're on the right track.

    Quote Originally Posted by iammzac View Post
    Yo memory man when is that other album dropping? MC Paul Barman if I'm not mistaken?
    the barman album is done. distro is being worked out right now.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member J-DON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,984
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Love Edan, cant wait for this shit. Ive been waiting for the followup to beauty and the beat forever, the production was genius.

  9. #9
    sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,816
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    only song i like from that dude is uhh the bonus track on primitive plus whats that shit called again ............. yeahh SING IT SHITFACE his beats are ill lyrics are kinda ehhh ...

  10. #10

    Default

    always thought he was pretty good() on this track but never actually got round to listening to any of his albums tbh

    this is all i really know of him apart from constantly seeing his albums everywyere on online stores and shit for the last few years

    i need a reason to listen to somebody other than the fact your just a rapper. why are you rapping. if your pulling off that "white nerdy" rapper thing, I need a reason to listen to you, I like Paul barman because hes interesting and unique and comes with fresh shit, so he has a reason. Edan just never really made me wanna listen.

    ill admit though im IGNORANT on him, because ive never sat down and listened to his album, so.......(post his best song)


  11. #11
    Veteran Member p-rok73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I'm looking forward to this.. I did get Beauty & the Beat and enjoyed it a lot. If Madlib, Oh No, & cats like that are getting more work from more well known artist's then they should look up Edan as well, he's very underrated IMO.

  12. #12
    Studio Gangster Memory Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,241
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    .(post his best song)
    this is probably my current favorite:

  13. #13
    Digital @fterLife INF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a better place
    Age
    37
    Posts
    20,713
    Rep Power
    117

    Default

    that one is good but I like "I see Colors". I remember the first time I heard Beauty though , you played it for me.It was ill.

    Edan is tha MAN.mad experimental. like the hip-hop sonic youth or Thurston Moore.

  14. #14
    Veteran Member J-DON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,984
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Yeah Ghostlaced dont sleep on that Beauty and the beat.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post

    Edan is tha MAN.mad experimental. like the hip-hop sonic youth or Thurston Moore.
    interesting lol

    Quote Originally Posted by J-DON View Post
    Yeah Ghostlaced dont sleep on that Beauty and the beat.
    yeah im gonna have to dl that today


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •