Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money

Default .

Last edited by Matthew; 08-10-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: stupid post

Cash rules.

money is the shit, but yeah, i know what you mean, we've been so obsessed with money that is has gone from a means to and end to an end.

there's really no point to have money for the sake of money other then filling social expections or bizarre self esteem voids.

problem is, bizarre self-esteem voids rule everything around us.

coulda just said cash rules i know what you mean... but good to see we're on the same page..

well it's not like many ppl see it different, its true and so obvious.
    Some ppl have heart attacks about money

what are you really gonna do with money outside of basic needs? buy cool shoes? Gatorade?

when did "money" actually become important in history
    you dont hear much about money from ancients or the bible or really anything

people just used to exhangne shit. i think money hasnt been important until the last 100 years. becuase the British took control of hong kong by trading a bunch of shit, they got control of a whole country for 100 years off china purely by trading crap (mainly drugs, opium)

no money was involved

USA is the inventor of the modern idea of money. Capitilism is their religion and culture.

Maybe in some future, greater day shit won't be as fucked up
    Last edited by Matthew; 09-18-2009 at 04:23 PM.

hey TSA you should remove some shit from your sig dude it's huge and really annoying to look at

no.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post

people just used to exhangne shit. i think money hasnt been important until the last 100 years. becuase the British took control of hong kong by trading a bunch of shit, they got control of a whole country for 100 years off china purely by trading crap (mainly drugs, opium)

no money was involved

USA is the inventor of the modern idea of money. Capitilism is their religion and culture.
    the US didn't invent money.

as trade volumes increased due to technology and increased production, bartering became economically unreasonable.

bartering also cuts access to resources away from those that don't own property, or everyone that isn't rich already, but the US didn't invent the modern currency idea.

nor does the modern currency idea provide root for the problem money causes for ppl cause in the end its just materialism and if there was no money then yams and beads would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post

no money was involved

i disagree. britain is the originator of the modern currency, which is a debt based system. if u follow the paper traill u will find the the main banking centers in london actually control the banking systems in america. it is not common knowledge. the same goes for the legal system. this is what the gold fringe on the america flag means. british maritime merchant law. this is how america as we know it today started because europeans fled europe to escape the tyranny of the privately owned central banks and then supposedly won the war of independance. but it failed in the long run cuz know we have the federal reserve which is a private central bank.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

wealth though, has always been around and is indeed in the bible and is indeed represented in ancient texts.
    Look eye, always look eye.

mhmm.
    modern currency just makes that same wealth more liquid and thus more accessible to more ppl.

right.
    Look eye, always look eye.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    mhmm.
    modern currency just makes that same wealth more liquid and thus more accessible to more ppl.
    i guess during the time people traded with merchandise only the rich and famous could have cash.

Mortals could just run around with goods and exchange it.

Nowadays as you said its more liquid and money is spread around...

removing the gold standard is where it all went to complete shit.

at least you could exchange your money for a resource.
    your dollar represented a real item, gold.
    now your dollar aint reppin shit.

but its not the money thats the problem. its a profit based economy.
    profit is thcauses peole to constantly look for corners to cut in order to increase profit.
    mass corner cutting leads to a inferior product that constantly cost more to purchase.

why? profit.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

ball is rolling too fast to stop it