once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Thread: Christianity and December 25th

  1. #1
    The People's Champ Visionz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,653
    Rep Power
    53

    Default Christianity and December 25th

    Where does that connection come from between the two?

    I ask rhetorically as I know the answer myself. Many would answer correctly that it is rooted in pagan ritual in celebration of the winter solstice.

    The winter solstice (the shortest day in the northern hemisphere) however occurs on December 22nd. Once it reaches this point at which it will go no lower the suns arc is still for two days and does not move a single degree. Still on the 23rd, still on the 24th, and then begins to rise on December 25th again back towards the arc that will culminate in the summer solstice.

    The symbolic shorthand for this would be the Sun dies and upon the 3rd day the Sun is resurrected back to life. Does that sound vaguely familiar?

    Discuss.

    Support the Real. Click HERE

  2. #2

    Default

    i've always wondered, if Son and Sun are similar in English, are they similar in any other language? because if they aren't that argument doesn't stand.
    Last edited by Koolish; 10-07-2009 at 10:31 AM.

  3. #3
    The People's Champ Visionz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,653
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    i've always wondered, if Son and Sun are similar in English, are they similar in any other language? because if they aren't that argument doesn't stand.
    The argument isn't based on the phonetics of the word. Its based on the factual relationship between the earth and the sun that provides for all life on this planet in the context of the pagan rituals humans have pretty much always celebrated.

    In the Christian world December 25th=Jesus's birthday. Why?

    Support the Real. Click HERE

  4. #4

    Default

    because in order for the pagan romans to easier adopt Christianity, and for the Christians to be able to celebrate their festival in line with the thinking of the powers that be, they decided to celebrate the Christian festivals the same time as the pagan festivals (this information comes from a university professor).

  5. #5
    The People's Champ Visionz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,653
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    because in order for the pagan romans to easier adopt Christianity, and for the Christians to be able to celebrate their festival in line with the thinking of the powers that be, they decided to celebrate the Christian festivals the same time as the pagan festivals (this information comes from a university professor).
    Ask the professor what exactly was the pagan festival the Christians were aligning their own with.

    They didn't call the Winter Solstice the Winter Solstice, they were celebrating the resurrection of God's Son rising after death on the third day, coming back to bring light to their world. Keep in mind the solstice takes place on the 22nd but the celebration is on the 25th.

    Hence the story goes way back before the people ever knew who Jesus was.

    Support the Real. Click HERE

  6. #6
    כהן גדול TheBoarzHeadBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    "Christianity" has nothing to do with the prophet Jesus.

    Christianity is the one world religion designed by the Romans to integrate all religious beliefs together into a "True" faith that would unite is many people with a positive message that would benefit them and their society.

    The central "culprit" of course being Constantine and his Council of Nicea.

    It is what it is.

    Christianity is a composite religion designed to accomdate, just like the duel pantheon of the Hellenistic Egyptians. Zeus-Amon is as much a "real" god to them as he is a political statement. The Greeks and Egyptians are one people with the same gods, and it also says that the Greeks are superior.

    Its only the Jews who think they're totally right, and they didn't originally have that stance. The bible doesn't say that there aren't beings of divine power besides God, it simply says that God is the only god for them, he is their patron, and the only one they will revere.

    The cockiness of modern religions who say they are "The one and only God" are a newer convention. There was a time when you could say you were a Jew and acknowledge that there were other gods. The thing was that their gods were pussies and your God would curbstomp their ass. Jews originally were worshipping Kronus, as were many of the peoples of that region. The difference is that one day they said "We only worship El (Kronus) and if any of you fucks worship his son instead of him you're a fucking douche since he's the creator god, not some pansy prick offspring.

    The Golden Bull of course being a symbol of Zeus, Kronus' son.
    Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 10-07-2009 at 07:16 PM.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

  7. #7
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    514 - MTL - 514
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    'Jesus' aka Horus aka Saturn aka Sol aka Odin aka Zeus aka Mithra aka ETC...

    December 25th is the birth of Jesus Christ because he is Saturn.
    December 25th marks Satrunalia,
    And also Sol Invictus.

    Yahshua ben Yosef, on the other hand, was not born on December 25th.

    'Jesus Christ' is another deity invented by Romans Constantine and fellow Masons. 'Jesus Christ' is actually the Anti-Messiah because he is the False Image of Yahshua ben Yosef (Hebrew/Aramaic) aka Isa (in Arabic).

    The Fake Image of Christ is the Real Image of the Anti-Christ.
    Jesus Christ the white man with long brown hair born on December 25th with a Greek name and is blinded through his right eye (as seen in the Passion of Christ where his right eye is punched in). He is the Beast.

    "The false shephard will be blind in his right eye" - Zechariah
    "Dajjal (The Deceiver) will appeared One-Eyed... And Allah (The God) is not One-Eyed" - Hadith

    Jesus Christ - Fake 'YahShua ben Yosef' (proper English translation: Joshua, son of Joseph)
    I'm guessing Jesus Christ means: He, Zeus, The Announted One.

    Not sure what Je means but I'm 75% sure the seus part is Zeus.

  8. #8

    Default

    maybe december 25 was a pagan holiday but christians offered an alternitive to that pagan celebration....which came to be known as the christian celebration of christmas.



    peace be with you !

  9. #9
    The People's Champ Visionz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,653
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
    'Jesus' aka Horus aka Saturn aka Sol aka Odin aka Zeus aka Mithra aka ETC...

    December 25th is the birth of Jesus Christ because he is Saturn.
    December 25th marks Satrunalia,
    And also Sol Invictus.

    Yahshua ben Yosef, on the other hand, was not born on December 25th.

    'Jesus Christ' is another deity invented by Romans Constantine and fellow Masons. 'Jesus Christ' is actually the Anti-Messiah because he is the False Image of Yahshua ben Yosef (Hebrew/Aramaic) aka Isa (in Arabic).

    The Fake Image of Christ is the Real Image of the Anti-Christ.
    Jesus Christ the white man with long brown hair born on December 25th with a Greek name and is blinded through his right eye (as seen in the Passion of Christ where his right eye is punched in). He is the Beast.

    "The false shephard will be blind in his right eye" - Zechariah
    "Dajjal (The Deceiver) will appeared One-Eyed... And Allah (The God) is not One-Eyed" - Hadith

    Jesus Christ - Fake 'YahShua ben Yosef' (proper English translation: Joshua, son of Joseph)
    I'm guessing Jesus Christ means: He, Zeus, The Announted One.

    Not sure what Je means but I'm 75% sure the seus part is Zeus.
    Islam does accept the tenants of Christianity however. You can't say they have nothing to do with each other when the Quran itself states otherwise.

    Support the Real. Click HERE

  10. #10
    The People's Champ Visionz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,653
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    Ask the professor what exactly was the pagan festival the Christians were aligning their own with.

    They didn't call the Winter Solstice the Winter Solstice, they were celebrating the resurrection of God's Son rising after death on the third day, coming back to bring light to their world. Keep in mind the solstice takes place on the 22nd but the celebration is on the 25th.

    Hence the story goes way back before the people ever knew who Jesus was.
    Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    maybe december 25 was a pagan holiday but christians offered an alternitive to that pagan celebration....which came to be known as the christian celebration of christmas.



    peace be with you !
    reading comprehension is fundamental.

    Support the Real. Click HERE

  11. #11
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    514 - MTL - 514
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    Islam does accept the tenants of Christianity however. You can't say they have nothing to do with each other when the Quran itself states otherwise.
    The False Messiah is similar to The Messiah that's why he is able to trick people.

    Lets see the differences between the 'Christian' Messiah and the Quranic Messiah.

    Christianity:
    'Jesus' Dies on the Cross
    Rises on the 3rd day
    Jesus bleeds wine and his flesh is bread (this is a Roman God's story, I forgot his name... Fuck. Dionysus? No wait that's Greek.. FUCK... I can't remember )
    Born on the 25th (not directly from the Bible by the way)
    Son of God
    Some instances, is God
    Catholic sect- Trinity- Father, Son, Holy Spirit
    Other Catholic Sects: Mother Mary is worshiped
    Jesus is worshiped in some


    Quranic:
    Yahshua never dies
    Yahshua's crucifixion is sort of like 2Pac Makaveli theory... he faked his Death.
    Al-Lah raises Yahshua to Heaven
    Yahshua testifies: "I never claimed to be The God or the Son of The God."
    God is One and God is THE God that is ALL.
    None is worth of Prayer or Submission to but The God
    Yahshua does not bleed wine nor did the people eat from his 'flesh'
    No date on when the Messiah was born
    Does not mention whether or not The Messiah was married or had children, simply speaks mostly on The God's relationship with The Messiah rather than his lifestory.

  12. #12
    The People's Champ Visionz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,653
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
    The False Messiah is similar to The Messiah that's why he is able to trick people.

    Lets see the differences between the 'Christian' Messiah and the Quranic Messiah.

    Christianity:
    'Jesus' Dies on the Cross
    Rises on the 3rd day
    Jesus bleeds wine and his flesh is bread (this is a Roman God's story, I forgot his name... Fuck. Dionysus? No wait that's Greek.. FUCK... I can't remember )
    Born on the 25th (not directly from the Bible by the way)
    Son of God
    Some instances, is God
    Catholic sect- Trinity- Father, Son, Holy Spirit
    Other Catholic Sects: Mother Mary is worshiped
    Jesus is worshiped in some


    Quranic:
    Yahshua never dies
    Yahshua's crucifixion is sort of like 2Pac Makaveli theory... he faked his Death.
    Al-Lah raises Yahshua to Heaven
    Yahshua testifies: "I never claimed to be The God or the Son of The God."
    God is One and God is THE God that is ALL.
    None is worth of Prayer or Submission to but The God
    Yahshua does not bleed wine nor did the people eat from his 'flesh'
    No date on when the Messiah was born
    Does not mention whether or not The Messiah was married or had children, simply speaks mostly on The God's relationship with The Messiah rather than his lifestory.
    There are differences between the two but the Quran accepts the "People of the Book" and establishes itself as the third book after the Old and New Testaments to help bring clarity and such.

    My question would be how can a religion be built upon a foundation that is Astro-Theological in origin and not be a Astro-Theological religion itself?

    I fully believe and know that there is a Divine Spirit that is the source of all creation but the world's religions all have less than divine origins. That is my contention.

    Support the Real. Click HERE

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    but the world's religions all have less than divine origins. That is my contention.
    i agree with this statement when it comes to anything other than the old testement and the new testement.

    p.s visions how do explain away the miracals that jesus did ??? that shows that there was some divine presance involved ????


    peace be with you !

  14. #14
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    514 - MTL - 514
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    There are differences between the two but the Quran accepts the "People of the Book" and establishes itself as the third book after the Old and New Testaments to help bring clarity and such.

    My question would be how can a religion be built upon a foundation that is Astro-Theological in origin and not be a Astro-Theological religion itself?

    I fully believe and know that there is a Divine Spirit that is the source of all creation but the world's religions all have less than divine origins. That is my contention.
    Islam is not a religion, it's a Culture, or way of life.
    Islam claims that Adam was Islamic. Sure, if it is a way of life then of course he was Islamic, which means, submitting one's self to the Path of The God. All the Prophets were Islamic, they all lived an Islamic way of life, an Islamic culture, or, a way of life where they submitted their will to the path of The God, or, a culture where they submitted their will to The God.

    Judaism has 12 Religious Texts.
    The Old Testament is one of those Religious Texts, otherwise known as The Torah or The Tanakh.
    (Hebrew Israelites that I see every week tell me that Jews observed The Hebrew way of life and stole that way of life and turned it into a 'religion')
    The New Testament in its original untampered form then must have been accounts of Yahshua's life and as well as Revelations.

    'History is written by its victors'
    The Romans won that battle, so they got to fuck around with the Texts.
    The QuRan was then revealed to Muhammad so that when you read the Tanakh and the New Testament you can filter out the bullshit.

    The Qu'Ran focuses more on building a relationship with The God and how to submit your will to The God, whereas The Bible (Tanakh + New Testament) is more about the stories and lives of The Prophets.

    I see your point-of-view with the Astro-Theological stuff, but I do not think these 'religions' have an origin in that. If you think about it, The Pagan religions are Astro-Theological. The Romans practiced a Astro-Theological religion. They had planets that were Gods. They later on united these Gods into One, took Yahshua's stories, mixed it in the melting pot along with the Roman Gods (who have equivalences in Greek, Egyptian, Sumerian, Mesopotamian, Norse, etc, religions), and created Jesus Christ.

    Another argument is that I remember back in the 8th grade... I was watching the Discovery Channel and... They found Yahshua's brother's tomb. James The Just is his name. If they found Yahshua's brother's tomb, then this proves that Yahshua was an actual living person in the flesh.

    Furthermore, how is Muhammad supposed to know ANY of these Prophets' stories if he was living in Pagan Mecca? He did not even know how to read and write, yet he 'freestyled' 30 chapters or rhyming scriptures?

    Also, let us define the word 'religion'

    # a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality"
    # an institution to express belief in a divine power; "he was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him"
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

    Now, lets define 'belief'

    Definitions of belief on the Web:

    * any cognitive content held as true
    * impression: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

    So what does this mean?
    Belief basically means to be more certain than uncertain, like 95% sure, but still 5% unsure.
    For example:
    I ask you, "where is my food?"
    You say, "I believe it is in the fridge..."
    You BELIEVE it is in the fridge... That means, you're PRETTY sure that it is in the fridge, but you are still a LITTLE... TAD BIT UNCERTAIN...

    Therefore, Religion means:
    Having a strong certainty, which outweighs the uncertainty, of a Supernatural Power.

    Which means, In Islam, it is forbidden to 'practice a religion'
    Because in Islam, you are forced to Know that The God exists...
    laa ilāha illa Allāh, wa Muḥammad(un) rasūl Allāh
    By saying that, You know that there is One God, The God (Islamic people do not use the Personal Name of The God, instead they refer to The God as Allah, which is a combination of two words: Al-Illah. When you put Al and Illah together it becomes a contraction, which is Allah. Al means 'The' and Illah means 'god' or 'deity'. laa ilāha illa Allāh, wa Muḥammad(un) rasūl Allāh means There is no illah but Allah, in other words, there is no god/deity other than THE GOD. The One And Only Universal God.)
    There is no room for doubt in The God's existence in an Islamic Culture/way of life. In this culture, you acknowledge The God's existence, which is why it cannot be a religion.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
    .

    The Bible (Tanakh + New Testament) is more about the stories and lives of The Prophets.
    umm... so the teachings of jesus and the bible dont tell you how to have a relationship with GOD ????

    I dont know what bible you been reading ???



    peace be with you !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •