once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: question about the iraq war

yeah, palehorse isnt that bright is he

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
    yeah, palehorse isnt that bright is he
    i learned allot from him and i respect him

yeah well one cant drop knowledge one minute and bullshit the next, due to "personal responsibility"

to TSA:
    are you basing your opinion on assumption or have you talked to people who have fought in the war?

the few vets and active servicemen/women told me that there is no passion for a cause. mostly because there is no cause to be passionate about. they are basically fighting for their lives and their fellow soldier's lives.

spirit of a warrior? c'mon son.

mario:
    if you are going to ridicule Pale for being vague, then i would suggest that you post with more clarity. your responses are empty. we all know the status quo, this conversation is on a higher plane than that.

taking responsibility for example...
    if you don't like the condition of your community, then clean it up. pick up the trash. take care of the landscaping, positive action is contagious.

the same can be said for war. want to stop folks from signing up? go to the local recruiter and talk to kids going in. hand them info. offer alternatives.

taking responsibility is pretty simple to understand. why are you having problems with it?

On personal responsibility, shouldn't our government be held to the same expectations? I don't look at that enity and think "its so great they hold themselves accountable".

second, if no one volunteered to fight you can be sure of a draft to get 'em out there anyway. You only need to look at Vietnam for that one.

Support the Real. Click HERE

to answer the question.

the blame falls on american society. we as a nation contributed to going to war either by supporting it, turning a blind eye to it, participating in it, media beating the war drum, the gov lying to us, companies putting profit above human life...so many factors.

that being said, at the end of the day all u can do is govern your own actions.

draft?

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    The murderer, I dont care if you go to a war zone (unjustly or not), nobody deserves to be murdered.
    so if a soldier travels to a foreign country and gets killed, its not his fault? even though he willingly signed up for war? how do you figure?

Quote Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ
    at the end of the day all u can do is govern your own actions.
    so if a soldier gets killed in iraq, is the soldier the one to blame? it was his actions that brought him there, whether he knew the proper mathematics of tha situation or not

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    not even pedophiles ?
    nobody...not even the worst criminals, and that includes pedophiles.

peace be with you !

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    so if a soldier travels to a foreign country and gets killed, its not his fault? even though he willingly signed up for war? how do you figure?
    nobody deserves to be murdered, war or not... you know that the new testement says that "anyone who hates his brother is a murderer" wars are the lie that satan has perpetuated to mankind, to keep us blinded to the truth, there will always be bad people in the world and people invading other people, But if you are coming under attack, you should do your best to flee from the persecution instead of fighting back and risk coming into sin, and if you are invaded like america has done in iraq you should turn the other cheek and just except it and leave it to almighty GOD to sort out like the bible says "don`t trust it to yourself to repay a wrong trust in the lord and he will make it right"...I know that is hard but it is the right thing to do and is better than armed risistance which only then spawns tit for tat killings in turn building hatred of one another and misery and futher divides humanity against each other...when our real battle is against satan and his army.

we are called to be better than savages.

peace be with you !
    Last edited by zooruka; 11-05-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post

Now if you are coming under attack, you should do your best to flee from the persecution instead of fighting back and coming into sin, and if you are invaded like america has done in iraq you should turn the other cheek and just except it
    smh

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    so if a soldier gets killed in iraq, is the soldier the one to blame? it was his actions that brought him there, whether he knew the proper mathematics of tha situation or not
    its not that simple.
    why did he sign up?
    who gave him the idea?
    who told him it was a good idea?
    who offered incentives to sign up?
    who supported the choice?
    who didn't try to convince him not to sign up?

no man is an island. we are all connected.
    I tell all my lil cousins to never join the armed forces and why.

Am I My Brother's Keeper?

hmm ... u right ... i should probably think this over

i agree with james.
    and im not trying to be a tuff guy, i just say it how i see it. Im actually a real peaceful man but tsa is mad disrespectful with the shit he says its like dude dunking his nutsack in my cereal or something.

i could never thinnk like zook though. thats one of the things that attracted me to islam in like the first or second surah it says something to the effect that if someone hits you you hit them back harder.

idk man eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind but at the same time this principle promotes justice and equality.

but yea man no one in this world gives a fuck about you. no one owes you shit. alot of this responsibility talk is needed because of peoples ignorance. thats why you got to learn out of love for yourself. you got to do for yourself man once you establish that then ou can take care of your fellow man. i know the military is a trap for poor people but if you dont want to be poor no more feed you mind. its your responsibilty man. you cant go thru life expecting a handout or expecting other people(government) to do shit for you. if you do you completely miss out on life.

yea idk how to explain it clearer marlo says im wrong about responsibility but he even mentions after, that he dont understand what i mean about responsibility.
    you see why i call you people idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.