Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with a begginer producer please

Default Re: Help with a begginer producer please

Umm, can I get a serious answer?

?

It's so subjective, your always gonna get a lot of contradictory answers to a question like that, for instance I'd say go get Logic Pro, Reason, Recycle and Live 5, but then thats 'cos in my experience thats what I like working with, but then if your gonna be recording a lot of stuff, I'd say you need Pro Tools too 'cos I always kick Logic into touch when I have any serious recording and editing to do, but then all these are gonna make a fairly substantial hole in your pocket whatever.
    So the best advice I can give is get that mag I mentioned with free software covering pretty much every software type of recording and composition you will come across, it's fully capable of providing good results, won't cost you a penny (aside from the cost of the magazine) and then when you read about any premium software your looking at buying you can make a decision based on the principles you will have already learnt using the free stuff, if you go buying some relatively expensive bit of software right out, you could end up feeling even worse off 'cos just say you don't get on with it, you'll have no money and a peice of kit you can't make shit with.

Alternatively go download any demo's you can find and see if you click with a certain program, and maybe get down to your local music store and have a go on an MPC if your thinking of going the hardware route, maybe even a Yamaha RM1X if your looking hardware, but cheaper, but remember the sales guy's will have some killer spiel to suck you in and get you to part with that cash, so stay strong, if you like sumthin' go away and think it over for a bit and get some more opinions.
    Pz.

Thumbs up Re: Help with a begginer producer please

I got da mpc 1000 sitting looking pretty, i need a fuckin tutor or sumthen da sales dude seen me cominig a mile away, i dont want 2 sell it just yet cause i dont want 2 loose out, if i learn how 2 work da dam thing i won't feel so bad, i used to fuck with acid long time ago b4 sony bought em, I fuck wit ccomputers 4 a living so software I pick up pretty easy, i got pro tools & m-audio firewire 410 which is basiclly a sound card with perks.... kickass it also came with live lite 4 & da demo for 5 aint fuck with it yet just pro tools, I really need somthing 4 beats & I have been looking at Reason 4 a minute thnx 4 your advice got to get my hands on some demos, seen some mags you was talkin bout too 15$ steep 4 a mag

considering what you're looking at spending to get a real set-up to make beats, $15 ain't shit. Knowledge is priceless. btw I fuck around on Reason and think its a real nice program, the only limitation that it has is no live recording so you'll need another program to rewire it with to record any vocals onto a track. But the program is real user-friendly and when it comes to midi, really doesn't have any limitations.peace

what is the basic difference between fruity loops 3 and fruity loops 5. cuz fruity loops 3 sounds to fuckin techno. does fruity loops 5 sound like to?

what is the basic difference between fruity loops 3 and FL 5. cuz FL 3 sounds to fuckin techno. does FL 5 sound the same?

Smile Re: Help with a begginer producer please

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen
    considering what you're looking at spending to get a real set-up to make beats, $15 ain't shit. Knowledge is priceless. btw I fuck around on Reason and think its a real nice program, the only limitation that it has is no live recording so you'll need another program to rewire it with to record any vocals onto a track. But the program is real user-friendly and when it comes to midi, really doesn't have any limitations.peace
    I pretty much decided on reaseon already but i still wanna get da demo version first
    pro tools is good for live sound & mixxing so far i think Im ok