once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: all things considered..... who do you rate higher...ICE CUBE or 'PAC?

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

I'm a say Ice Cube ---- No Vaseline, Today was a Good Day, etc. too many dope ass tracks

I like Pac because of his social messages..................but Ice Cube has too many dope songs + he was apart of NWA

Pac.

9 SHOTS COULDNT STOP ME, I TOOK IT AND SMILED

U know if he had of survived his 2nd wave of bullets (he almost did survive it too, very close at one point docs thought he was gonn a pull through) - then he wouldve stayed living after like a DOZEN bullets consumed

the man wasnt human. he was almost basically un killable by any rational thought.

this has nothing to do with the topic but whatever

and he shot 2 cops in the ass without a thought, and got away without charges

no rapper will ever touch pacs life.

if Pac was an underground artist who didnt sell many records, and made exactly the same music all these nut hugging backpackeur would adore this man
    Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 12-06-2009 at 10:40 AM.

^"5 shots couldn't drop me".

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

he rapped about shooting cops and actually did it ... he rapped about selling drugs and did it ... he rapped about fucking biggie's wife and did it ... everything he rapped he lived

"this nigga name nas think he live like me, talkin bout he left the hospital, took five like me / u livin fantasies, nigga i reject yo deposit / we shook dre's punk ass, now he outta the closet / mobb deep wonder why a nigga blowed em out? next time grown folks talkin nigga close yo mouth"

ahahahahahahahahaha fuckin jesus christ of later day saints nigga

Banned

niggas acting like cube shouldnt be in discussion as one of the all time greats!!!!!

this nigga brought the brain power to NWA, niggaz4life is a classic album in its own right but without cube handeling the bulk of writing the content and commentary went numb!!!!

really examine the niggas catalogue, and i think it stands with pacs!!!!!

straight outta compton
    amerikkkas nightmare - definitive record any hip hop fan who lived through the release period knows how powerful this shit was!!!!!
    death certificate - full out assault, social and political science delivered with edge and intensity!!!!!
    the predator
    lethal injection - slept on release, some incredible material on this jawn!!!!
    and add his group album with westside connection - bow down

thats an increidble catalogue of music right there!!!!!

at one point in time ice cube was the most culturally releavnt emcee in all of hip hop and this pre dates pac, theyre both west coast giants and icons but neither of these niggas resumes should be balked at!!!!

people say "but that doesnt make him a dope rapper derp derp" imo it does, and thats not taking anythng away from him as a rapper because I think he was a highly talented rapper too, PAc was clear, great voice, innovative lyrics, immaculate delviery

but who he WAS gave him an extra 10 dimensions to nearly every other rapper - this is the difference - it who he was and personified DOES make hhim a greater rapper BECAUSE he was able to translate that to his songs so you could really feel what he was saying, thus and therfore adding the POWER

meanwhile Chino XL was sitting in his moms basement trying to think of really ill similies and rhyme schemes

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

lolol meanwhile, while rappers were carving a name for themselves in the game and leaving a legacy, chino xl was in his moms basement trying his best to cater to advanced listeners

2pac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>icE CUBE

cant stomach cube's last 2 album

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means