If shit is dope then it's dope fuck an album cover.
If shit is dope then it's dope fuck an album cover.
Very disapointing album.
Its not terrible, but a huge dropoff from HHNF. Shit, the Road til the Casket Drops mixtape they dropped late last year is much better
I'm the biggest clipse fan there is, but this album is just wack.
im hyped to hear it
and those who keep doubting this,look i know alotta u folks on here hate mainstream artists but pharells beats are nasty to me,i enjoy all his side projects including nerd,i urge cats to have an open mind,u dont know what u missing out on,he my not have the wu sound u all love so much but he is a beast at what he does
^disagree 1 hundo %.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
My quick sum up:
-Killa Cam ruined Popular Demand
-Keri Hilson should of been cut from All Eyes On Me - ya i know i will get some shit for this, but she fucked up their rhythm, they were on a fly "80s" flow, i felt that someone like...MC Lyte or Salt-n-Pepa should of sung the hook (beat goes hard) - maybe even throw in a verse or two
-Footsteps was brought down by the chorus
-This is no where close to Hell Hath No Fure lyrically
-Also, i felt they should of went with their more dark approach, instead of this pop shit
-Overall, The Neptunes did a great job with the production
-Malice & Pusha T did well adjusting to the beats
-TURN IT UP!!! The more you turn it up, the more you will like it.
-Let it grow
Top 5: Freedom, Kinda Like A Big Deal, Door Man (DAMN!!), Footsteps, Life Change
Grade: (3.25/5) B-
Freedom fucking bangs!
My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
i like the clipse
i was disappointed
1. freedom - banging beat, heavy drums, one of pushas best verses ever, malice kills it, great opening record!!!!!
2. popular demand - incredible beat, incredible mixing, each emcee has an entirely different approach to the beat, cam was kinda rough, but malice cleaned this shit up to finish it!!!! clipse classic!!!!!!
3. kinda like a big deal - incredible instrumental!!! the live instrumentation gives it a lot of energy, and pusha dominates his first verse with a lot of presence and potent bars!!!! his delivery is becoming incredibly varied, his skillset is already sharp and still growing!!!!! coulda done without kanye, hes not bringing the same caliber of rhyme as push and mal but the track works regardless!!!!!! shits crack!!!!!!
4. showing out - really like the beat, inventive, drums go missing during the verses, cool breakdown inbetween some serious bars!!!!! gottis alright, one dimensional emcee that stays in his lane!!!! malic has one of the best verses on the album here, that shit deserves a hip hop quotable!!!!! sounds like mal was talking directly to the label heads with that shit!!!!!
5. im good - this is a great examlpe of push and mal dumbin down their delivery and lyrics, heavy drums on a beat that doesnt move me, annoying pharrel vocals throughtout the track, reaching for a hit, pass!!!!! this is a different side of clipse id rather not hear!!!!!
6. there was a murder - khalil, again, merking the track with the mix of sonic funk and live instrumentation!!!! his tracks breathe, real lively tracks and push comes through again showing off with the delivery dropping anti snitch barbs in a carribean accent that works!!!! takes a while to get started, but they both kill it on some late night crime story shit!!!!!
door man - heavy beat, heavy bass, heavy lyrics!!!! strong hook, and both push and mal fuck this track inside out!!!! this woulda fit on hell hath no problem, pusha versatility verse to verse really impressed me on this album!!!! this track on a high end car system is demo quality!!!!!!!!
never will it stop - this is cocaine flip clipse, first verse gets bodied with a flawless flow, weaves effortlessly over a funky ass beat that, decent liva verse, malice eats it whole on clean up!!!! high energy track, get you up type shit!!!!!
all eyes on me - worst clipse track of all time!!!! trance beat, phoned in verses, dumbed down deliveries, hollow trance beat, corny guest vocals!!!!! terrible!!!!!!
counselling - some smoothed out traditional neptunes shit, relationship rhymes that make sense!!!!! decent record, not running to replay it though!!!!! for the shorties!!!!!!
champion - kind of a messy record, weak hook, beat sounds a lot like "im good", heavy drums, push coming at the track on some glossy shit, mal on the head strong conscious rhymes!!!! its a cool record to slide to radio, havent really heard clipse approach many tracks like they did this one!!!!
footsteps - and were back to regular clipse programming!!!! another crack beat from khalil, sons drums are vicious on this album!!!!!! push kills it, mal kills it, what else you need to know!?!?!
life change - sums up the album perfectly!!!! this album marks a change in the clipse dynamic, the content has been opened up and expanded ten fold!!!! life hits hard and can change a mans perspective, push and mal drive the point home!!!! top shelf neptunes track, incredible mixing once again!!!!!!
overall this album is dope, it has a 3 track skid starting with "all eyes on me" but rebounds!!!! im really lookng forward to the next clipse project, push and mal are 2 seperate trains of thought at this point, compared to when they were almost the same voice on lord willin!!!!!! the dynamic is changing, itl be interesting to follow from here!!!! strong album, cop it!!!!!!
I hated this album when I first bought it but after a few months of playing it here and there, I'm to the point where I can play it all the way through and love every track
- Malice kind of dragged the album down a bit. I'm glad he's found the Lord and everything but I'm not listening to Clipse for moral values and insight into personal turmoil. Pusha T is still spittin' cocaine raps on every track and Malice is rappin about Jesus and his new life on half of them. That being said, Malice still has my favorite lines on the album
"I fathered this. If I mislead any kid that's fatherless
That burden's on my soul as long as I exist"
- Pusha T is sounding less like a Thornton brother and more like Kanye as he progresses into his career, but I'm not gonna whine about his voice; he's as sharp as ever.
"Nowadays she can't even face me
I'm sorry for the heartbreak, I promised you Forever My Lady
Jodeci baby, pompous muthafucka, just look what the jewels made me
I'm only finding comfort in knowing you can't replace me"
- Guests: Killa Cam almost completely ruined Popular Demand for me. At least that's what I thought, but after listening to his verse a thousand times to get to Malice's verse, it's kind of grown on me. Kanye's verse on Kinda Like a Big Deal is pretty shitty and out of place, but if you're a mainstream artist and you have a chance to get Ye as a feature for your new album, you're gonna take it. I understand that. Yo Gotti's verse was nice, Ab-Liva killed Never Will It Stop like he kills every Clipse feature.
- Singers: All the singing on this album is very well done. Being a Wu-fan and listening to shit like Allah Real and Suga Bang Bang all day, you forget how talented some singers are on mainstream albums. Case in point, footsteps. That's some autotuned commercial oriented shit, but who's going to deny that it sounds great? Keri Hilson didn't need to be on All Eyes On Me, I actually love that track but her parts were unnecessary. Nicole Hurst sounded great on Counseling, and Pharell always sounds good when he's not rapping.
- Beats: All fire. Every one.
- Direction: I think we all did ourselves a disservice by expecting another Hell Hath No Fury. I love that album and I still want more like it, but it's time to accept that Clipse is heading in another direction musically. As they get more fame, we're gonna hear less records like Grindin' and more like Champion. Nothing to do but embrace it.
Overall I'd give it a soild 8.5/10.
Finally heard this album today and it sucks.
classic album you fucks