Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uganda...you gotta be kidding me

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Gambia's president Jammeh calls gays vermin and says that the government will get rid of them like they do malaria causing mosquitos.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

lol @ learned behavior. Uganda's leader is even dumber than I thought.

--- South Africa's retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu on Sunday made an impassioned plea to Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni not to sign into law a harsh Anti-Homosexuality Bill that calls for a life sentence for some same-sex relations.

Tutu, a Nobel peace prize winner, said in a statement that Museveni a month ago had pledged not to allow the anti-gay legislation to become law in Uganda. But last week Museveni said he had reconsidered and would consult scientists on whether homosexuality is determined by genetics or by a person's choice.

Tutu said he is "disheartened" by Museveni's new position because there is "no scientific basis or genetic rationale for love ... There is no scientific justification for prejudice and discrimination, ever."

In a statement released on Friday, Museveni said Uganda's scientists had reviewed studies and agreed that no single gene could be identified as a trigger for homosexuality. They suggested it is learned behavior that could be unlearned. Museveni said he asked the scientists if it was possible that a combination of genes could be responsible. If the scientists report back that they can find no genetic determination for homosexual behavior, Museveni said he would sign the bill into law.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    lol @ learned behavior. Uganda's leader is even dumber than I thought.

--- South Africa's retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu on Sunday made an impassioned plea to Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni not to sign into law a harsh Anti-Homosexuality Bill that calls for a life sentence for some same-sex relations.

Tutu, a Nobel peace prize winner, said in a statement that Museveni a month ago had pledged not to allow the anti-gay legislation to become law in Uganda. But last week Museveni said he had reconsidered and would consult scientists on whether homosexuality is determined by genetics or by a person's choice.

Tutu said he is "disheartened" by Museveni's new position because there is "no scientific basis or genetic rationale for love ... There is no scientific justification for prejudice and discrimination, ever."

In a statement released on Friday, Museveni said Uganda's scientists had reviewed studies and agreed that no single gene could be identified as a trigger for homosexuality. They suggested it is learned behavior that could be unlearned. Museveni said he asked the scientists if it was possible that a combination of genes could be responsible. If the scientists report back that they can find no genetic determination for homosexual behavior, Museveni said he would sign the bill into law.
    lol the scientist is going to be this goofball

Veteran Member

lol

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by shadynasty View Post

Things keep getting even worse for this weird country

---Uganda newspaper prints lists of top 200 gay people

KAMPALA, Uganda (AP) A Ugandan newspaper published a list Tuesday of what it called the country's "200 top" homosexuals, outing some Ugandans who previously had not identified themselves as gay one day after the president enacted a harsh anti-gay law.
    Related Stories

Many of those named fear violence, and some want to leave the country, an activist
    said.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Russians gay bill actually lumps gays and paedophiles into the same pot.

Yes the world has bigger problems but whenever a random country passes a law that people in the west don't like it becomes headline news.

The point I defend is why is the laws in Russia or any other random country any of our business.

Have people in western countries failed to realise whenever they press another country to change a law or something they will never get the reaction they want. All this anti-Russian talk does is strengthen the Russian right wing and make Russians more homophobic than they already are.

I won't be surprised if some countries follow Russia in suit, just to tick off the west.

Also the shit with Uganda now, the US is saying it will complicate relations. I don't think the Ugandans give a shit because China is dumping billions into Africa now and the Chinese don't give a shit what laws you have in your country. Before African nations would think twice before upsetting the almighty west, now they have someone else to go to.
    100%

This gay thing has basically ended western cultural relevance in the rest of the world. The west is now in a position where it can't tell others what to do socially anymore because this is being seen as 'the last straw'.

I always said globalization will make people more radically different than similar because of the west's inability to keep from shoving it's self down people's throat until the lash out. I think radical islam and anti-gay laws all stem from an lashing out from the excessive encroaching of western countries...a habit that's completely unnecessary and idiotic strategically.

When dealing with China you get what you want, they get what they want and everyone moves on. If you make a deal with a white country you have to sell you entire country off to hell.

^^that

lol

I have noting against gay ppl, but this entire pro-gay propaganda is disgusting. Why should we care about Uganda's internal affairs???

Are you Russian?

Sorry to hear that you don't support human rights.

No, I'm not.

Human rights aren't rights anymore, they're geopolitical tool.