once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: Rate The Heart Gently Weeps

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Star Classic

2 22.22%
  • 4 Star Banger

4 44.44%
  • 3 Star Decent

1 11.11%
  • 2 Star Boring

2 22.22%
  • 1 Star Wack

0 0%

Thread: The Heart Gently Weeps - Track Review

Default The Heart Gently Weeps - Track Review

The Heart Gently Weeps

8 Diagrams

Raekwon
    Ghostface Killah
    Method Man
    Erykah Badu

RZA, Geoge Drakoulias
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Proabably not the best idea as the lead single. Too mellow for some. Wasn't the Beatles sample it was claimed to be

but I really like this. Ghost (to endorse BeoWulf) gives an amazing performance - he takes you into the supermarket where the gun goes off in dramatic detail. I like Rae and Meth too.

Not a 5 star clasic - but 4.5 in my books.

Yea, it's not clear who Wu's marketing campaign was aimed at with this one, but whatever it's still a pretty memorable track.
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

DRUNKENARTS

i got this at a 5 classic,we all no rza is mad talented and he likes to switch it up at times to sum peoples dismay,but this song is unique,its emotional,strong and faultless,yes its not on sum 93shit or 97shit but expand ur mind relise how good this really is

No, I know it's good, I'm just sick of it. Probably the result of hearling so many interpolations of My Guitar Gently Weeps over the years, My Guitar, Black Cream etc.

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

its a 2 for me.

not nearly the historic joint it shoulda been. rae & meth verses didnt even grab me at all like they coulda on this one. and a NICE verse from GFK, but i dont think it fits here. not to be any kind of sissy, as i do like GFK's vivid imagery 99.9% of the time, but i think his vulgarity here was out of place.