once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No said date or pretty toney ?? what was the best wu on 04 ?????

a chink in your armour... Da Ryda's Avatar

Default Re: No said date or pretty toney ?? what was the best wu on 04 ?????

Wu groupies was bitching about how they want another old Wu-style album and when finally they got with NSD, they didn't even cop that shit and some of 'em had the audacity to call it "outdated" and didn't pay much attention to it...

whatever, NSD a classic to me
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

No Said Date by far!!! I don't even like that whole Pretty Toney cd. It's too commercial for me. Some nice joints, but most of it was crap.
    Wu-Tang Corp Admin Mark Mayoya

Veteran Member

No Said Date

Liked Pretty Toney alot but Masta Killah gave me what i been waiting for a while.(probs Supreme Clientle)

[QUOTE=The_Blast]

I'm quite a Ghost dickryder QUOTE]

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Why Do Yall Complain U Want This And That & Then Have The Audacity Not To Even Support Ur Favorite Group Stop Listening 2 Others And Cop It Even If U Feel Other People Don't Like It Nah Mean Fuck What Others Think Man Umm No Said Date Was Classic Wu Tang And Pretty Toney Was A Great Album 2 U Can't Compare The Two Good Music That's All We Should Caring About Instead Of All This Comparing Shit There Both Good Album Regardles Sof Reviews And Blah

My fav is Pretty Toney. I still have to find what's so shamefully commercial about this album... expect Tush and Tooken Back, there's nothing commercial on it...
    I'm not saying PT>NSD, i just prefer PT's soulful vibe.

Don Magic Wand

No Said Date Easily Scholl Is Classic
    LeGriff

Veteran Member

No Said Date by a good bit

Portugal, Lisboa, Serra Das Minas a.k.a BDF

I like them both, but in different ways. If i want to hear to some crazy lyrics and flow i'll have to go with PT, and the beats on that shit makes you dance 4 real. NSD is a great joint to, but more soft, and i prefer Ghost's lyrics instead of Masta's.

On the overall i'll go with PT

P.E.A.C.E.
    How could you give a person on a wrong path a right direction?

masta killa's long awaited solo album "no said date" is an automatic classic.....on the shelf with Ironman, Tical, Liquid Swords, & Only built for cuban linx......

pretty toney is the 5th album from a seasoned solo artist....a beautiful album

both have this great sonic unity to the album (i hate it when prodcution has too much contrast)

but pretty tone has only a few wu beats & NO WU-FEATURES!?!?

no said date has all wu-beats and features ALL OF THE CLAN........

although pretty tone is was the best GHOST since supreme clientele..........

NO SAID DATE IS THE BEST WU OF NOT ONLY '04, BUT OF THE PAST FEW YEARS.

over rates mathematics

NSD by a small margin, pretty toney was great too. but for overall replay value I like NSD better.
    plus NSD had alot of WTF moments like the cheers theme after last drink, and that tupac interview.

Masta Killaz, but Ghostfaces was mad hott

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rzarectah_93-??
    Masta Killa perfected the WU sound most of us craved for years and years
    but that doesnt mean it was superior to PT
    PT is sumthing fresh and creative....something that can amaze or disgust (for some reason)
    NSD, no doubt, is a classic but PT is a better more complete album to me

peace
    I agree with everything you said.

Veteran Member

I gotta go wit No Said Date because it was a Wu Album...but it did lose it's reply value do to the fact that Killa aint the best lyrist. PT really wasnt a Wu album but I think Ghost pulled it through, I was hoping he wouldve came with another SC type album. Keep that shit Wu nigga.

Wu Forever