Thread: CS4 (mac) came in the mail today

No artificial sleazy

Default CS4 (mac) came in the mail today

Here's some advice. If you ever do a cross platform "upgrade" which is all Adobe offers at this point since they stopped doing "direct cross-overs" then be prepared for weeks upon weeks of HELL over the phone.

They have a horrible reputation for customer service/sales regarding making what should be a non trivial request & purchase.

Besides that...

I just realized the standard version doesn't have the 3D tools like I had with CS3 extended (pc). Looking at amazon I noticed a big price gap. You pay like an extra $300 just for that feature. I don't really have a need for it but wanted to experiment in that area.

Is anyone aware if the 3D support exists as a plug-in I can later buy? Also has anyone tried Google Sketch up?

ps- most of you are probably running bootleg versions and the reason I have to pay out my pocket is because I use it in a work environment. Legal implications for running bootlegs in a corporate or even LLC structure are huge. Thats some advice to keep in mind if any of you pursue professional careers. Plus developers have families to feed.

true true

THE REAL PCP

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    ps- most of you are probably running bootleg versions and the reason I have to pay out my pocket is because I use it in a work environment. Legal implications for running bootlegs in a corporate or even LLC structure are huge. Thats some advice to keep in mind if any of you pursue professional careers. Plus developers have families to feed.

question - if you are working or using the software in corporate environment, why are you paying out of pocket for it? if you doing work for a company it would seem they fork over the bread for the software....

i know if i was doing anything computer related at the office and my company tried to say i gotta pay for the software, then i just guess work wouldnt be gettin done. how does that work where you at? i am just curious!

tbh ur best bet is to grab a bootleg copy of cinema4d if u wanna get all avatar with it.

No artificial sleazy

Quote Originally Posted by born invincible View Post

question - if you are working or using the software in corporate environment, why are you paying out of pocket for it? if you doing work for a company it would seem they fork over the bread for the software....

i know if i was doing anything computer related at the office and my company tried to say i gotta pay for the software, then i just guess work wouldnt be gettin done. how does that work where you at? i am just curious!
    I wont be with them after this month, but yea it made me kind of angry the most they did when I first joined the company was front the money which I later paid back over the next 2 months through deduction of my pay check. (start ups have no excess $$$)

Although I was still interning at the time and getting paid which is pretty rare. So I guess the trade off was making a couple grand during my trial period. I also used a student discount @ the time.

couldent have you asked someone you know who had cs4 to burn it for you, thats what i done

No artificial sleazy

^

Running bootlegs in a company environment can potentially = massive lawsuits. Read my initial post.

30 day trial for cinema. then bootleg it

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    I wont be with them after this month, but yea it made me kind of angry the most they did when I first joined the company was front the money which I later paid back over the next 2 months through deduction of my pay check. (start ups have no excess $$$)

Although I was still interning at the time and getting paid which is pretty rare. So I guess the trade off was making a couple grand during my trial period. I also used a student discount @ the time.

i see where you are coming from... it makes sense when you put it that way.