Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: CS4 (mac) came in the mail today

  1. #1
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    46,552
    Rep Power
    10

    Default CS4 (mac) came in the mail today

    Here's some advice. If you ever do a cross platform "upgrade" which is all Adobe offers at this point since they stopped doing "direct cross-overs" then be prepared for weeks upon weeks of HELL over the phone.

    They have a horrible reputation for customer service/sales regarding making what should be a non trivial request & purchase.



    Besides that...


    I just realized the standard version doesn't have the 3D tools like I had with CS3 extended (pc). Looking at amazon I noticed a big price gap. You pay like an extra $300 just for that feature. I don't really have a need for it but wanted to experiment in that area.

    Is anyone aware if the 3D support exists as a plug-in I can later buy? Also has anyone tried Google Sketch up?



    ps- most of you are probably running bootleg versions and the reason I have to pay out my pocket is because I use it in a work environment. Legal implications for running bootlegs in a corporate or even LLC structure are huge. Thats some advice to keep in mind if any of you pursue professional careers. Plus developers have families to feed.

  2. #2
    big wooly mammoth SKAMPOE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I BE WHERE IM @
    Posts
    45,648
    Rep Power
    227

    Default

    true true

    THE REAL PCP

  3. #3
    // Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    on the 2 dots
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    ps- most of you are probably running bootleg versions and the reason I have to pay out my pocket is because I use it in a work environment. Legal implications for running bootlegs in a corporate or even LLC structure are huge. Thats some advice to keep in mind if any of you pursue professional careers. Plus developers have families to feed.

    question - if you are working or using the software in corporate environment, why are you paying out of pocket for it? if you doing work for a company it would seem they fork over the bread for the software....


    i know if i was doing anything computer related at the office and my company tried to say i gotta pay for the software, then i just guess work wouldnt be gettin done. how does that work where you at? i am just curious!
    __________________




  4. #4
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    tbh ur best bet is to grab a bootleg copy of cinema4d if u wanna get all avatar with it.

  5. #5
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    46,552
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by born invincible View Post

    question - if you are working or using the software in corporate environment, why are you paying out of pocket for it? if you doing work for a company it would seem they fork over the bread for the software....


    i know if i was doing anything computer related at the office and my company tried to say i gotta pay for the software, then i just guess work wouldnt be gettin done. how does that work where you at? i am just curious!
    I wont be with them after this month, but yea it made me kind of angry the most they did when I first joined the company was front the money which I later paid back over the next 2 months through deduction of my pay check. (start ups have no excess $$$)

    Although I was still interning at the time and getting paid which is pretty rare. So I guess the trade off was making a couple grand during my trial period. I also used a student discount @ the time.

  6. #6

    Default

    couldent have you asked someone you know who had cs4 to burn it for you, thats what i done

  7. #7
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    46,552
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^

    Running bootlegs in a company environment can potentially = massive lawsuits. Read my initial post.

  8. #8
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    30 day trial for cinema. then bootleg it

  9. #9
    // Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    on the 2 dots
    Posts
    2,938
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    I wont be with them after this month, but yea it made me kind of angry the most they did when I first joined the company was front the money which I later paid back over the next 2 months through deduction of my pay check. (start ups have no excess $$$)

    Although I was still interning at the time and getting paid which is pretty rare. So I guess the trade off was making a couple grand during my trial period. I also used a student discount @ the time.


    i see where you are coming from... it makes sense when you put it that way.
    __________________




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •