once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So is The Black Album considered a classic yet

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    So what happens when an album you own becomes a certified classic?

Do sirens go off with a blast of confetti?

Do you guys skip around the house doing the gas face?
    hahahahaha classic!

Recently I've revisited this album and it's much better than I remember it being. The songs are expertly written and the lyrics are better than BP and are on RD's level easily. The choruses are tasteful and the production is monumental. It's like one big celebration of an album and it's a joy to listen to.

Grey Album Vs Black Album would be a interesting boring thread.

Looks like i was still educating you guys about how average Blueprint was back in 2010. Look at the things this faggit was posting lol:

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    ill never understand the flack em catches as a producer, son pretty much produced the eminem show in full and thats a classic album!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the best emcee/producers of all time, undoubtedly!!!!! hes a dre apprentice!!!!! that means crystal mixing, heavy drums, and a signature style, very mechanical!!!!!! i know for a fact most emcees love his beats... hes got bangers, catalog speaks for itself!!!!!!!!!!

i actually liked blueprint 3, but that albums a victory lap!!!!!!!!! hes coasting on that, hes leaving room for the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    post nudes of your chin

classic? gtfo, Jay Z brainwashed a whole generation of new hip hop heads into thinking hes one the greatest and everything he does is classic or innovative. smh

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    classic? gtfo, Jay Z brainwashed a whole generation of new hip hop heads into thinking hes one the greatest and everything he does is classic or innovative. smh
    truth

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Nah, not everything he does is great or innovative but you can't deny the dude's skills on the mic. He's above average in flow, charisma, and mic presence. You gotta admit he's made some DAMN good albums, even if he's never made a classic.

^Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    post nudes of your chin

eminems production = awful. the only way i can describe it is it sounds childish and poppy. its like the aural equivalent of lego.

black album has some good stuff but the production is random and theres some weak songs. i definitely didn't get the replay value like BP and RD had. plus in hindsight the subject matter looks ridiculous when hes making a spectacle of it being his final album.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    eminems production = awful. the only way i can describe it is it sounds childish and poppy. its like the aural equivalent of lego.

black album has some good stuff but the production is random and theres some weak songs. i definitely didn't get the replay value like BP and RD had. plus in hindsight the subject matter looks ridiculous when hes making a spectacle of it being his final album.
    What songs do you think are weak?

Encore, change clothes, moment of clarity, allure, justify my thug, first song.

Had to look these up i havent listened to it in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Encore, change clothes, moment of clarity, allure, justify my thug, first song.

Had to look these up i havent listened to it in years.
    Ok, I could see "Encore" and "Moment" maaaybe but the other ones are all kickass man, I'm surprised you don't dig them