once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married 2

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Does Tyler still have that show on TBS with those fat ass people?
    unfortunately, yes

i liked the first one but ill wait til it comes out on DVD

ain't nothing change but the address...

One thing amongst several that I like about Perry's movies is that he often casts actors in roles that they would never be cast for in mainstream hollywood. Case in point Idris Elba in daddys little girls, would never be cast as the loveing protagonist in any hollywood movies. He is always the thug bad guy or some shit.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    One thing amongst several that I like about Perry's movies is that he often casts actors in roles that they would never be cast for in mainstream hollywood. Case in point Idris Elba in daddys little girls, would never be cast as the loveing protagonist in any hollywood movies. He is always the thug bad guy or some shit.
    That's just how it is with black actors. They always have to stereotype them just because of their race. A lot of people hate on Tyler Perry for the WRONG reasons. The man is smart and he makes good films, in my opinion.

Now, we all know if Tyler Perry was a white guy, Mexican, Asian, or Indian, I'd say most people wouldn't frown their faces when they hear his name.

It's a load of bullshit, if you ask me.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Some people are only good at playing certain parts.

-

I agree with Ironman. Fuck Hollywood. There's a lot of good black actors and it's a shame that only a few of them get casted in mainstream movies like Denzel, Morgan, Samuel, Larry Fishburne, Don Cheadle, Will Smith. Idris Elba got casted in a mainstream movie with Beyonce in Obsessed but most of the time he gets casted as a bad guy and a good guy in action movies like his upcoming movies The Losers and The Takers. LOL@Check Two dissing black fat couple on House Of Payne tv show hahahahahaha. Fat black guy cracks me up. He's the reason i watch the show but i also watch it because of Allen Payne's hot wife. I've never seen her before. I wonder why Tyler doesn't put her in his movies. I'm gonna see Why Did I Get Married 2 today.

-

I saw Why Did I Get Married today and i liked it a lot. Very good movie. It did have some surprises. Good acting from all the actors. It looks like Janet Jackson has picked up some weight. Her titties are big LOL. Jill Scott is cute but she's too big. Tasha Smith who was Michael Jai White's wife is funny as hell hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

yeah this was pretty good...i cant even front.

i dont have anything against tyler perry as a person. im sure hes a nice guy and i also agree with what ironman said. the problem i have is all of his movies are too predictible.

its always the same shit. nigga you did me wrong, i found another man to take care of me so now i can breathe again. and madea...but with this flick he did change it up and threw a nigga for a loop.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

oh and that fat black guy is the reason why Tyler is damn near a billionaire...so hes doin something right.

-

It's funny to me how Tyler's critics can diss him and say his movies are ghetto but i don't see his critics saying that he has yet to make a R rated movie. Most of his movies are PG-13 and he doesn't have a lot of cursing, sex, violence like most black movies. His movies are family oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    It's funny to me how Tyler's critics can diss him and say his movies are ghetto but i don't see his critics saying that he has yet to make a R rated movie. Most of his movies are PG-13 and he doesn't have a lot of cursing, sex, violence like most black movies. His movies are family oriented.
    Thank you Charles for pointing the obvious out. As I said before, it's because people from all races look down on black films. If these were whites or any other race, no one would say a damn thing.

You people need to shut the fuck up and stop passing so much judgment! Support him.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

It's not a black or white thing, his movies are terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

^^^i would agree but i've only seen one of the madea movies and it was shit...but which movies of his have you really watched? i bet most of the people shitting on him haven't seen one and are just basing that off of the shittiness of madea.

i just wish there were more movies with a black cast that weren't ghetto comedies, family reunion type cookout movies, hood gangster bullshit or romantic comedies. but i guess dramas with a majority black cast would really bomb.

but, if you look at american cinema in general over the last 10 years or so, the only movies with a majority 'ethnic' cast that even do decent box office are all comedy/stoner movies.

i hope someone can prove me wrong on that.

EDIT: I forgot about Precious.

oh and idris elba is the man. but he is not quite a good guy like he appears in the losers...if they stuck to his character's backstory....whoops, spoilers.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 04-16-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

JD's Revenge is a classic ethnic movie.

-

There's nothing wrong with black funny ghetto movies. Every black movie can't be serious all the time. I heard that Spike Lee criticized Tyler's Madea character. Spike really needs to chill because his movies haven't made a lot of money ever LOL. His movies are too serious and nowadays his films come to independent theatres instead of major theatres. Some of his movies are funny but most of his movies are too serious.