Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 194

Thread: How do you Define GOD?

  1. #1
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default How do you Define GOD?

    what does God mean to you?
    how would you explain what God is?


    if you are atheist, what do you think does not exist? because you have to have an idea that you can refute or lack evidence of .

  2. #2
    כהן גדול TheBoarzHeadBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The anthropomorphic form of a concept.

    For and example:

    Allah is the concept of a conscious Universe as is Brahman.
    Zeus is the concept of the power of the Heavens to make storms which affect life.
    Horus is the concept of Avenging one's Father.
    Nike is the concept of having victory.
    Lady Liberty is the concept of freedom.
    Chronos is time.
    Odin is a god of Knowledge.
    Quetzalcoatl or Aeolus is the winds.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    O-Block
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    Allah is the concept of a conscious Universe as is Brahman.
    Wrong.

  4. #4
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    46,556
    Rep Power
    10

    Default


  5. #5
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    boarz, you got a few of those wrong. instead of interpreting other people's gods, define YOUR God.
    FYI, horus represents the omniscient characteristic of God, among a host of other things.

    rob is just too hip. i bet you have a chakra app on your ipad.

  6. #6
    Singularity Instigator V4D3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    13
    Posts
    4,522
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    my understanding is "god" is everything we know dont know infinitely in micro and macro - seen unseen.

    "God" at one point was a little unseen speck of nothingness - but wanted to know itself more then itself - not as itself - split itself - big bang therory kicks in.

    Fear was known in the unknown chaos - then love and attraction began - the universe "god" has expanded and will renuite to begin the cycle all over for infinity and he does this on all levels up or down for infinity.

    My question is does "god" have a "god"?
    Last edited by V4D3R; 03-07-2010 at 08:08 AM.

    ﴿﴾ lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuıǝǝs uǝɥʇ ǝsɹoʍ sı lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ﴿﴾

  7. #7
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    my understanding is "god" is everything we know dont know infinitely in micro and macro - seen unseen.

    "God" at one point was a little unseen speck of nothingness - but wanted to know itself more then itself - not at itself - split itself - big bang therory kicks in.

    Fear was known in the unknown chaos - then love and attraction began - the universe "god" has expanded and will renuite to begin the cycle all over for infinity and he does this on all levels up or down for infinity.

    My question is does "god" have a "god"?
    nice.
    my mind just folded in on itself with that question.

  8. #8
    Singularity Instigator V4D3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    13
    Posts
    4,522
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I just realized I said "he" =\ society has an ingrained visual imprint of "god" as a man/being.

    How could a man\being of created the universe and why would it choose to make the decisions it made in allowing failed civilizations time and time again?

    Each soul (program) has free will until reunited the kingdom (god) and all are one with the main processor working as a whole and "the glory returns" ( knowledge knowledge )

    And we learn it all in multiple lifetimes to become perfect beings balanced in knowing the difference in fear and love.

    The creator having a "maker" is something we got to find out when the time is right is each our own time I'm thinking. A lot of questions we wont get answers to until we pass on.
    Last edited by V4D3R; 03-07-2010 at 08:06 AM.

    ﴿﴾ lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuıǝǝs uǝɥʇ ǝsɹoʍ sı lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ﴿﴾

  9. #9
    PRODIGAL SUN RALPH WIGGUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Normandie, France
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,619
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    To me, God is an ideal. He is everything man is not, he is perfect. I don't believe in a god in the sky.
    I believe in an idea of god. For example I find ridiculous descartes's ontological proof of god's existence, that is that since god is perfect, and existing is more perfect than not existing, then he exists.
    Im not an atheist because I don't place myself as oppsed to religion, I just have no religion, because I don't need it.
    If I had to choose, even though I don't wish to be trapped in a category, I'd say Im a deist, because I'm finding it hard to believe and illogical that nothing is the origin of everything. But I don't believe that anyone is "closer " to god than anybody else because hes the pope or whatever.


  10. #10

    Default

    I'm an atheist but instead of disregarding the concept of god I just looked at the universe for something that fits the definition of god.

    As A Result I don't see god as a conscience but rather a name for all the powers that make the universe work.
    God is often seen as the overseer & Controller of the universe, this transelates into gravity for example, it makes sure we stay on earth & the earth stays in orbit around the sun so that we hav elife.
    Another example is Evolution, it oversees us and often gives what we need to survive.

  11. #11
    I see you dawg SID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Planning some trill shit
    Posts
    7,074
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    God is all, he is everything and nothing.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

  12. #12
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    I just realized I said "he" =\ society has an ingrained visual imprint of "god" as a man/being.

    How could a man\being of created the universe and why would it choose to make the decisions it made in allowing failed civilizations time and time again?

    Each soul (program) has free will until reunited the kingdom (god) and all are one with the main processor working as a whole and "the glory returns" ( knowledge knowledge )

    And we learn it all in multiple lifetimes to become perfect beings balanced in knowing the difference in fear and love.

    The creator having a "maker" is something we got to find out when the time is right is each our own time I'm thinking. A lot of questions we wont get answers to until we pass on.
    this idea is stuck on my mind at the moment. like what if reality was a fractal? and no matter how far in or out you zoomed you were left with a macrocosm and a microcosm. on a grander level, God is a microcosm of the multiverse of multiple creators, in which that multiverse is governed by multiuniversal laws which they call "god"....to infinity.


    but then going back to the "God's Introspection" concept... the ONE GOD may have created our God and other universe's gods out of himself, in order to experience multiplicity on a higher level.

    i'm going to meditate on this this evening and come back.



    Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    I'm an atheist but instead of disregarding the concept of god I just looked at the universe for something that fits the definition of god.

    As A Result I don't see god as a conscience but rather a name for all the powers that make the universe work.
    God is often seen as the overseer & Controller of the universe, this transelates into gravity for example, it makes sure we stay on earth & the earth stays in orbit around the sun so that we hav elife.
    Another example is Evolution, it oversees us and often gives what we need to survive.
    i feel that.
    ironically the 3 major religions often get this wrong. the man in the sky concept has created more atheists than anything else.

  13. #13
    כהן גדול TheBoarzHeadBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ^I'm pretty sure that's how it is.

    Everything is in constant flux. There are infinite universes which are infinitely similar or infinitely different. Each one has a starting point and ending point. We're somewhere in the middle, and its so vast we really can't understand it as more then numbers and pictures.

    This universe started as a super atom which was held together with a unified force of gravity, electromagnetism, and the two nuclear bonds. Unified they were enough to hold together such a massively dense particle but gravity wigged out and separated which tore the universe into being. That's why gravity is an inherent part of the material of the universe.

    Anyhow, now our universe is expanding at FTL and won't stop until it overwhelms itself and dissipates into nothing. But its so massive this will be billions of years from now. So if there was a universal force in our universe that is godlike it would have it's own greater beings it views as Gods or cannot understand ad infinity.

    Just as our understanding of our universe is limited by our maximum lifespan of a century give or take, our god is limited to understanding what is an infinite universe by his own lifespan of the universe which is very long, but limited.
    Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 03-07-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

  14. #14
    Singularity Instigator V4D3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    13
    Posts
    4,522
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    this idea is stuck on my mind at the moment. like what if reality was a fractal? and no matter how far in or out you zoomed you were left with a macrocosm and a microcosm. on a grander level, God is a microcosm of the multiverse of multiple creators, in which that multiverse is governed by multiuniversal laws which they call "god"....to infinity.


    but then going back to the "God's Introspection" concept... the ONE GOD may have created our God and other universe's gods out of himself, in order to experience multiplicity on a higher level.

    i'm going to meditate on this this evening and come back.
    Yep yep. And I'm thinking on this level to. One day we could possibly discover an evolved micro lifeform on the surface of something atomic/molecular size range. And vice versa - we may be a part of something bigger - and all this is happening - happened already and will happen again.

    ﴿﴾ lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuıǝǝs uǝɥʇ ǝsɹoʍ sı lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ﴿﴾

  15. #15
    No artificial sleazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    46,556
    Rep Power
    10

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •