Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: How do you Define GOD?

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    I'm an atheist but instead of disregarding the concept of god I just looked at the universe for something that fits the definition of god.

As A Result I don't see god as a conscience but rather a name for all the powers that make the universe work.
    God is often seen as the overseer & Controller of the universe, this transelates into gravity for example, it makes sure we stay on earth & the earth stays in orbit around the sun so that we hav elife.
    Another example is Evolution, it oversees us and often gives what we need to survive.

missed this post.
    i guess i would ask you for a definition of consciousness.

also

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet."

God, Yahweh, Jah, Allah, Mother Nature, Ausar ....Universe

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    right, explain to me how that remedies..or even appropriates the proper response.

my reply was NOT directed toward you

i don't know what you're sayin

this is a very good build thread but i stopped adding on my wisdom when i saw one too many self righteous replies, ill do the knowledge from afar...

not pointing figures but where the topic of God is concerned, i laugh at anyone who swears "Ive got it all figured out"...
    keep 120 ray gun powder inside the canister

Quote Originally Posted by DiGitalChamberz View Post
    this is a very good build thread but i stopped adding on my wisdom when i saw one too many self righteous replies, ill do the knowledge from afar...

not pointing figures but where the topic of God is concerned, i laugh at anyone who swears "Ive got it all figured out"...
    wouldn't it be better to question the root meaning of the word first
    then go into why we are using it today ?

yes... we need to approach things at the root source and build TOGETHER... alot of intelligent minds on here we should combine forces n search for truth together or at least teach each one according to ones level of understanding so that we can ALL at least see where we are ALL coming from and add on... love is love tho

Quote Originally Posted by DiGitalChamberz View Post
    yes... we need to approach things at the root source and build TOGETHER... alot of intelligent minds on here we should combine forces n search for truth together or at least teach each one according to ones level of understanding so that we can ALL at least see where we are ALL coming from and add on... love is love tho
    to get to the roots you gotta dig.
    thats what this thread is about, and like sunny said, its sometimes painful.

this topic has so many layers to it and some layers are close to the heart.

but don't let someone's approach discourage you from jumping in. we all have our own modes of operation. passion is healthy, it lets you and others know what beliefs are really yours.

i know we are all diff but personally i enjoy debating someone who really believes passionately in what they are saying cause it forces me to examine what i'm saying and come correct, even reevaluate what i believe.

true indeed... i just hate when i start typing my essays that after a few minutes im signed out n gta copy n paste after signing back in lol

So basically if someone can't see god that means He does not exist ?

In this case, we can't see each other souls, so does it means that we have no soul ?

that wasnt the best example bro..eloels. and no thats not why, in fact i dont think anyone has really resorted to using that argument yet.

we try and force each other to view their walk in life the way we are seeing our own walk

we want everyone to walk our way - even if for a few minutes - we want to be understood and appreciated - accepted - we want to live - we'll doubt that we are this way though

HellSpawn - sometimes we have to have things pointed out to us before we can see it
    but to be so sure of something we've never seen, to fight and shed blood over what we believe is there is insane - the book says it's there - we have a choice whether to believe what the book is saying or not -

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    HellSpawn - sometimes we have to have things pointed out to us before we can see it
    but to be so sure of something we've never seen, to fight and shed blood over what we believe is there is insane - the book says it's there - we have a choice whether to believe what the book is saying or not -
    I aint tryin to convince no one, I been here since 2003 and never seen someone being convinced

how can one be convinced of what they say they believe in ?

they are convinced that what they believe is reality

convinced of a belief

i'm learning to look at all my beliefs and not be so convinced they exist

and to treat it as a belief and not fact

this helps me from looking at people as stupid infidel sinners

i'm still a nut - no doubt - but i'm working on it

word sometimes u have to have the patience to watch a flower grow dealing with people and the different currents they come in

i don't see why not.. shouldn't it be to teach he/her who does not know? so that they may be able to save themselves and then others, n then others n then others? it should be a chain effect i think. but mind you the whole total population isn't reachable or salvageable.. doubt well get back to Eden without weeding out a few bad apples, but you do your part nonetheless, regardless to whom or what you show n prove your power.