once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 194

Thread: How do you Define GOD?

  1. #46
    Veteran Member DRUNKENDRAGON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Posts
    800
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    if you are atheist, what do you think does not exist? because you have to have an idea that you can refute or lack evidence of .

    This implies atheism makes a positive claim about our reality, which it does not. Any atheist worth his salt will not say "there is no god" but "there is no shred of evidence that there exists what you (theists) claim to be god in any sense of the word". Thus, the burden of proof lies squarely on the theist making the claims.

  2. #47
    Veteran Member DRUNKENDRAGON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Posts
    800
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHALLAH JUSTICE View Post
    A building for example has a network of cables all feeding electricity to and from different parts of the building, they have computer networks that send data back and forth, they are structuarly engineered to fight and withstand the elements, they are a creation

    The same as us, we have cables (nerves) that carry electrical signals, we have neurons that carry data,we have an immune system to combat illness, we are engineered just like the empire state was.

    The golden gate bridge did not appear out of nowhere, it was painstakingly engineered and designed, just like we are thats my "arguement" nothing more nothing less.

    The heart of this exchange y'all are having is the idea of a first cause. Everything exists because something caused it. It goes all the way back to the big bang, which so far, has no cause to my knowledge. This fact leads creationists to say god did it, which in turns begs the question: what caused god? leading into an illogical and highly improbable infinite regression.

  3. #48
    ODB4EVER
    Guest

    Default what does god mean to me?

    Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    what does God mean to you?
    how would you explain what God is?.
    Well to me a god or god himself is a superior being. A being that is greater then all beings in the world. Most gods have the same beliefs. Beliefs of peace, equality, justice and to do onto others as you want done to you...
    So basically thats what i think a god or god is.

  4. #49
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRUNKENDRAGON View Post
    This implies atheism makes a positive claim about our reality, which it does not. Any atheist worth his salt will not say "there is no god" but "there is no shred of evidence that there exists what you (theists) claim to be god in any sense of the word". Thus, the burden of proof lies squarely on the theist making the claims.

    this is a cowardly stance to take. any PERSON worth his salt, can and will be able to explain and defend what he believes to be true.

    i don't know who decided that this burden of proof argument was valid but i'd be willing to bet that they had a penis but peed sitting down.



    anyway...

    if you want a shred of evidence that God exists, look in the mirror.
    then slap whoever told you he wasn't real.

  5. #50
    Veteran Member DRUNKENDRAGON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Posts
    800
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    this is a cowardly stance to take. any PERSON worth his salt, can and will be able to explain and defend what he believes to be true.

    i don't know who decided that this burden of proof argument was valid but i'd be willing to bet that they had a penis but peed sitting down.



    anyway...

    if you want a shred of evidence that God exists, look in the mirror.
    then slap whoever told you he wasn't real.
    I'll disregard your insinuations and have you take a look through this thread, as you can see when one starts talking about god you must start making shit up off the top of your head. I'll say it again, there isn't any single piece of evidence, nor has there ever been, that anything stated in here exists.

  6. #51

    Default

    how about: isotropic vector matrix/void/vacuum/atem

  7. #52
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRUNKENDRAGON View Post
    there isn't any single piece of evidence, nor has there ever been, that anything stated in here exists.
    but yet you have FAITH that everything that is in the known universe existed in a space smaller than an atom? (big bang)


    smh

  8. #53
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    really, in 2010 athesism is just as silly and outdated as a bearded man sitting on a cloud.

    we already know that modern science cannot detect 95% of what we call reality.

    why the hell would anyone base his perception of what reality on what science can prove is if they can only "prove" 5% of it?




    science is on that multidimensional, entangled, unseen forces, quantum flip, new age shit. some cats are still stuck in the 19th century lookin for god with a telescope.

  9. #54
    Veteran Member DRUNKENDRAGON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Posts
    800
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    but yet you have FAITH that everything that is in the known universe existed in a space smaller than an atom? (big bang)


    smh
    It has nothing to do with faith at all. All of the EVIDENCE points to this, yes.


    we already know that modern science cannot detect 95% of what we call reality.

    why the hell would anyone base his perception of what reality on what science can prove is if they can only "prove" 5% of it?
    That's 5% more than religion can "prove".



    science is on that multidimensional, entangled, unseen forces, quantum flip, new age shit. some cats are still stuck in the 19th century lookin for god with a telescope.
    Science doesn't seek to find a god, just an understanding of our reality through observation and measurement, if debunking religious dogma is a by-product of such, too bad.

  10. #55
    Veteran Member DRUNKENDRAGON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Posts
    800
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    really, in 2010 athesism is just as silly and outdated as a bearded man sitting on a cloud.
    Yet remains the fastest growing minority group in the U.S.

  11. #56

    Default

    People often say god is allpowerfull but that's impossible since he gave us free will right...

  12. #57
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRUNKENDRAGON View Post
    Yet remains the fastest growing minority group in the U.S.
    no.
    latinos are.



    you do have faith in the singularity. cause there is not a single shred of proof. NONE. ZERO.

    science does try and is trying to find God. and in fact a large percentage of scientist believe in God.

    i'm beginning to think that you don't even follow current science and are basing your perspective on old paradigms. show me why i'm mistaken.

  13. #58

    Default

    Atheism is not obsolete, neither is religion.
    The one thing that needs to fucking die is new age spiritualism and a faceless God who has no definite features.
    It's vomit inducing to listen to people who sound like weeded out hippies talking about purpose and love and togetherness based on the warm fuzzy feeling they get when they do so.

    Then again, I'm an asshole, so that has to be taken into consideration also.

  14. #59
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    People often say god is allpowerfull but that's impossible since he gave us free will right...
    i don't see how those two things are in opposition.

  15. #60
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Atheism is not obsolete, neither is religion.
    The one thing that needs to fucking die is new age spiritualism and a faceless God who has no definite features.
    It's vomit inducing to listen to people who sound like weeded out hippies talking about purpose and love and togetherness based on the warm fuzzy feeling they get when they do so.

    Then again, I'm an asshole, so that has to be taken into consideration also.

    what you call new age is older than both religion and atheism.

    asshole.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •