once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Some things About the Jesus in the Bible

  1. #1
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,091
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Some things About the Jesus in the Bible

    well the one at the end of revelations

    said this:



    Revelation 22:16
    "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."
    Revelation 22:15-17 (in Context) Revelation 22 (Whole Chapter)








    Is he saying that he is from two nations ?
    2 people ?





    Isaiah 14:12
    How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
    Isaiah 14:11-13 (in Context) Isaiah 14 (Whole Chapter)








    in scripture, it is known that the morning star is another title for satan

    according to the bible, does the morning star have children ?







    Genesis 3:15

    15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring [a] and hers;
    he will crush [b] your head,
    and you will strike his heel."








    But here it seems they came together at one point

    the Morning stars and the angels







    Job 38:7
    while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
    Job 38:6-8 (in Context) Job 38 (Whole Chapter)

  2. #2

    Default

    i still laugh at the fact that people still hold true Mary somehow had magic sperm just bust all up in her

  3. #3
    Double Secret Probation Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    16,769
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Mary was only a virgin if you don't count anal

  4. #4
    Ultra Instinct Tecknowledgist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    705
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGitalChamberz View Post
    i still laugh at the fact that people still hold true Mary somehow had magic sperm just bust all up in her
    that's nothing compared to the dude who got eaten by a giant fish and camped out in his stomach just chillin before he escaped


  5. #5
    Parcheesi faced Lex Lugor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ruffled inside duh bubble goose
    Posts
    4,320
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    LOL damn I gotta read this bible thing


  6. #6
    I see you dawg SID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Planning some trill shit
    Posts
    7,071
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    It's a waste of time..
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    well the one at the end of revelations

    said this:



    Revelation 22:16
    "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."
    Revelation 22:15-17 (in Context) Revelation 22 (Whole Chapter)








    Is he saying that he is from two nations ?
    2 people ?
    No.

    The Morning Star was at one point Lucifer, but as a position of power it sits closest to God.
    The Morning Star is actually Venus and in Ancient times it was viewed as the closest star to the sun.

    The Morning Star is viewed as being God's light, bring his glory to the creation.. if you want to call it that.

    Jesus is of the line of David, he is also of the divinity carried by God's light.
    That's what Lucifer's name originated from(Lucifer=light bearer) and in Jewish Mythology in contrast to Jesus, Uriel sits as God's head angel and as the new morning star.
    Both are considered Lucifer's replacement.

    Of course this raises the question was Jesus the angel of the lord before he was placed here on this earth ?

    I'd like to remind people though, no one is insisting the sun is literally God.
    Although it may somehow act as a portal or as a vessel along the rest of the heavenly constellations between this world and the next...




    Isaiah 14:12
    How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
    Isaiah 14:11-13 (in Context) Isaiah 14 (Whole Chapter)








    in scripture, it is known that the morning star is another title for satan
    Morning Star is a title for Lucifer, not Satan.
    http://www.steliart.com/angelology_f...archangel.html

    Read up. It's all terribly complicated lol

  8. #8
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,091
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

    Jesus is of the line of David, he is also of the divinity carried by God's light.

    through who though ?







    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Morning Star is a title for Lucifer, not Satan.
    http://www.steliart.com/angelology_f...archangel.html

    Read up. It's all terribly complicated lol


    i didn't know there was a difference

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    through who though ?











    i didn't know there was a difference

    A lot of Christians I know don't know there's a difference lol

  10. #10

    Default

    Wait, I thought the snake was a different being as well.

  11. #11
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,091
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    A lot of Christians I know don't know there's a difference lol
    What is the difference ?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    through who though ?
    Missed that part earlier.
    Depends on who you ask.
    It's conterversial.
    Some say the account by Matthew of it being Marion(Mary's actual name) is correct.
    Others say the account Luke saying Joseph is correct.


    http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-genealogy.html


    No one knows.
    Some also think, and I consider it a legitimate possibility that Jesus considered himself a return to Israel/Judaism as it's own kingdom and sovereign rather than a roman puppet state.

    You notice who he references, Moses and Abraham and other revolutionaries who founded it, yet he claims himself to be directly linked to the man who unified Israel as a nation and made it what we know it as(David).


    Like I said, everything is so terribly complicated....

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    What is the difference ?
    Their appearences and when they fall.
    Their roles as well.
    One was used to bring light to God and was responsible for all the music made in heaven.(Lucifer)

    The other was used to bring out man's flaws.
    Satan actually is never mentioned as being evil.
    His name literally means adversary.
    He manipulates man's wants and desires much as a prosecutor and reveals whether or not they are worthy.

    In short, he is humanity's anti-thesis.
    Flawless, lacking gullability, not in the list bit earthly or suffering from lust/temptation.

    I'm not sure Satan can be called an angel even...

  14. #14
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,091
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Their appearences and when they fall.
    Their roles as well.
    One was used to bring light to God and was responsible for all the music made in heaven.(Lucifer)

    The other was used to bring out man's flaws.
    Satan actually is never mentioned as being evil.
    His name literally means adversary.
    He manipulates man's wants and desires much as a prosecutor and reveals whether or not they are worthy.

    In short, he is humanity's anti-thesis.
    Flawless, lacking gullability, not in the list bit earthly or suffering from lust/temptation.

    I'm not sure Satan can be called an angel even...

    which one of them is the arch deceiver ?

    that description you gave of satan describes women

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    which one of them is the arch deceiver ?

    that description you gave of satan describes women
    Satan.
    Satan was Satan before the fall of Lucifer and through the power of deception he put God's servants through some pretty viscious trials... Job is an example of that.

    They don't mention much about either character though....

    The angels are weird creatures...
    Powerful, not omnipotent.
    Noble, not omnipresent.
    Some of them, are even said to be elect.

    I find them fascinating unlike nature deities or gods, because their attributes are all very finite.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •