once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ Quik appreciation thread

Default DJ Quik appreciation thread

This thread is dedicated to the p-funk legend, DJ Quik. This man should be on everyone's top ten producers AND emcees. So light up Tha Bombudd and listen to Quik's Groove.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Hell yes! Dj Quik is one of my favorite artists/producers. I'm happy that him and Suga Free are back together.
    "Criminals have more rights than victims. Protect yourself and show no mercy with vengeance!"

Props for making this thread. I actually only started checkin out his stuff since last month, and I gotta say that I'm really impressed. Not only is he an extremely talented producer, but he's also pretty nice on the mic. He has a real smooth flow and rides the beats real well.

I started checking out his other tracks after hearing 'Do You Know' from Blaqkout. Although his joint album collabo album with Kurupt was met with mixed views, I thought it was a fun record. Sure Kurupt's rhymes are quite weak and the production isn't among Quik's best, but it's a pretty good summer party album.

He definitely should be mentioned in the list of greatest hip hop producers, at the very least when it comes to the West Coast.

Make sure you check out Safe and Sound, Way 2 Fonky and Rhythm-a-lism if you haven't already.

DJ QUIK was way ahead of his timewith Rhytm-A-Lism, a complete album produced by him with great live instrumentation and just a fun album. Its a true classic in my opinion
    When the revolution come, you can see me on the frontline
    firing my gun, standing right beside my son
    so when he grows up, he'll understand that i stood for somethin
    when my whole life, they told me i was good for nothin... - Inspectah Deck

Yeah definitely, he is mean with the instruments on production, doesn't sound like the sound you would expect from somebody who once stomped a man to death

-

I remember when him and MC Eiht had beef and i took MC Eiht's side because Eiht was saying some funny shit about Quik on several diss songs. Eiht is a better rapper than Quik to me and Eiht's albums are better than Quik's albums. Only DJ Quik albums i like are Way 2 Fonky and Safe And Sound. I like his lyrics on 8Ball and MJG's Buck Bounce song and Tony Toni Tone's Let's Get Down song. Ya'll remember when Everlast of House Of Pain and DJ Quik had beef? I don't know how the beef started but DJ Quik dissed him on the song Can't Fuck With A Nigga on Menace II Society soundtrack. Quik said what you running for bitch? You fake irish faggot. You got a big booty Everlast, let me tap it LOL. Cause you look like a woman. But you tried to clown. I kicked you in your ass. That's why you jump around LOL.

Eight, E-I-H-T? ...Now should I Continue? / Yeah you left out the G coz the G ain't in you!

Murdered!

-

LOL@DJ Quik used to have a perm hahahahahahahahahahaha. How is he gonna diss MC Eiht when he used to have a woman's hairstyle? LOL.

-

Whatever MaskedAvenger. Quik isn't better than MC Eiht and his albums aren't better than Eiht's albums.

I never said they were, Personally I like Eiht better but 'Dollars & Sense', Quik murdered him.

-

I don't think he murdered him on Dollaz And Sense. Have you heard MC Eiht's diss songs about Quik called Def Wish II, Def Wish III, Def Wish IV? Def Wish IV i didn't like because of the beat but Def Wish II and Def Wish III are very funny. LOL@Eiht saying on Def Wish III, DJ Quik in a khaki bikini hahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by GSTYLE View Post
    DJ QUIK was way ahead of his timewith Rhytm-A-Lism, a complete album produced by him with great live instrumentation and just a fun album. Its a true classic in my opinion
    Rhytm-A-Lism is one of my favorite albums.

Balance and Options is another classic, in my opinion. Awesome material!
    "Criminals have more rights than victims. Protect yourself and show no mercy with vengeance!"

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I don't think he murdered him on Dollaz And Sense. Have you heard MC Eiht's diss songs about Quik called Def Wish II, Def Wish III, Def Wish IV? Def Wish IV i didn't like because of the beat but Def Wish II and Def Wish III are very funny. LOL@Eiht saying on Def Wish III, DJ Quik in a khaki bikini hahahahahahahahaha.
    What's the point in arguing about it? They don't have beef anymore. And yes Balance & Options is mad underrated.

Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....

one of L.A.'s best....

an OG....

wish we saw more of him these days....