once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fasting

Default Re: Fasting

HUH ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Default Go

ok, best of luck to all respecting Ramadam, pray and fast well, and resist temptation.

what i was saying is that no atheist dare jump on any Muslim tradition and tell people how they believe in lies, however, were peoplet talking about a Christian tradition, i guarantee you only a couple of Christians could get good words in before an atheist would storm on their parade.

i'm making a social observation here.
    ________
    HOTELS IN MEXICO
    Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 12:03 PM.

thats very true

but i gurantee you if there was an IQ test given to the Muslim population in america vs. the Christian The muslims would have a higher I.Q.

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Quote Originally Posted by Koolish
    what i was saying is that no atheist dare jump on any Muslim tradition and tell people how they believe in lies, .
    Have u read any of these threads?

in the welfare office

they had an entire pamphlet discussing how immigrants to canada and ontario (toronto) specifically experienced a decline in their health after living here for a year

the health decline was related directly to diet

i will seek to find that pamphlet next time i am there and post it up

i found it funny
    in a sad - tragically ironic sort of way
    your mother's dick

^Indeed, it seems these elders diets are also having an effect on their seeds, check my topic thread....Peace

where i stay i see 400 pound 8 year old often

the ice cream trucks drive up and down my street all day until 10 o clock in the night

"E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
    where i stay i see 400 pound 8 year old often

the ice cream trucks drive up and down my street all day until 10 o clock in the night
    400 pounds of poison

these kids dont stand a chance

that sugar high is hard to maintain

just ask your pancreas and spleen
    your mother's dick

Prince Rai

yepp.. that high sugar consumption makes so many kids ill and overhyped!!
    it has effects on everything even the mind!

Thought Provoker

I know its kinda off topic in a way, but has anyone celebrated Yom Kippur? Because I do, and in it, I just gather with my family (but this year Ill be alone since Im off in college) and we dont do anything for a full day (from sundown to sundown) other than pray.

In it we have what I call an actual fast because for 24 hours we do not eat anything, or drink water. We do not even use electricity or anything entertaining. Really, youre supposed to jes do nothing other than read the bible, and pray for forgiveness. And then we make a "pilgramage" really just a walk, wearing regular house clothes b.c youre supposed to have humility and not really be carein bout what people have to say. Its basically a day of shame for your sins, but I like it because truthfully, when it is done right, you feel a whole lot better, both spiritually and physically.

From doing this every year, Ramadan, not to undermine it, seems as though it would be a lot easier to do, but then again I never truely experienced it.

But I do like the posts some of you said about using it as a time to create a blueprint, using it as a time to change your diet and really and truely re-evaluate your life. I always used to build my relationship to God, but that sounds like a really good way to make it that much more personable and beneficial. Especially with me seriously looking at my health and just again exercising and eating a whole lot better.
    Knowledge is the key
    Understanding is the lock
    Wisdom comes through the door

Quote Originally Posted by Kennings
    I know its kinda off topic in a way, but has anyone celebrated Yom Kippur? Because I do, and in it, I just gather with my family (but this year Ill be alone since Im off in college) and we dont do anything for a full day (from sundown to sundown) other than pray.

In it we have what I call an actual fast because for 24 hours we do not eat anything, or drink water. We do not even use electricity or anything entertaining. Really, youre supposed to jes do nothing other than read the bible, and pray for forgiveness. And then we make a "pilgramage" really just a walk, wearing regular house clothes b.c youre supposed to have humility and not really be carein bout what people have to say. Its basically a day of shame for your sins, but I like it because truthfully, when it is done right, you feel a whole lot better, both spiritually and physically.

From doing this every year, Ramadan, not to undermine it, seems as though it would be a lot easier to do, but then again I never truely experienced it.

But I do like the posts some of you said about using it as a time to create a blueprint, using it as a time to change your diet and really and truely re-evaluate your life. I always used to build my relationship to God, but that sounds like a really good way to make it that much more personable and beneficial. Especially with me seriously looking at my health and just again exercising and eating a whole lot better.

i never knew what that was
    i've noticed that the jewish community would not use any electricity at certain times - i didn't know that it was that deep

but yeah for some in the Nation they do something like ramadan everyday 365
    the strongest of us do it - eat once every 24 hours after SUNdown. I hear there is an elder who reads the Quaran once every 7 days - pure discipline

Quote Originally Posted by Kennings

I am. Shalom

"Yep"

Drugz ?

bumped for the new guy
    your mother's dick

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

I had a friend that stayed with me last year, he's a vegan that practiced Ramadan.

He wouldn't eat, but he would smoke weed all day.

I couldn't do it, i'd have the munchies like a mother fucker. But I don't smoke weed anymore.

Plus why be a vegan to purify your body, but make your mind slow by smoking weed?