once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stomp is the worst Rza beat in existance.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with with TC on this one. That beat sucks. Starter is a good beat though, I don't know what the fuck ya'll are talking about.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

I dont know why Paper Plate gets rated so low, maybe because of simplicity? I thought that was a cold ass beat for a diss track....I thought that was RZA's cinematics coming out of him for that beat. Like some movie music before someone is about to have a tragic death.

I have to say that some of the stuff on the Sting was total wackness too.

yea Stomp 2004 or whatever the 2nd one was called was awful

the OG is classic tho, Dirty used to perform that all the time. one of my favorites off Dirty Version
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    I thought that was a cold ass beat for a diss track....I thought that was RZA's cinematics coming out of him for that beat. Like some movie music before someone is about to have a tragic death.

No it ain't.

It's doo-doo in every way possible.

The synths sound piss poor manufactured, and the drums are only barely.
    No sic.

Quote Originally Posted by portis24 View Post
    flowers- retail version
    yep, this is the one. unlisternable... too bad since the original version with the sample is fly as hell

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Stroke of Death.

I can't wait for someone to pop into the thread saying that they played that as their girl walked down the isle or something. Worst shit ever.
    haha wow. you lose, Stroke of Death is fucking classic, cold grungy beat. Your opinions are starting to be worthless

yeah i love stroke of death, that's a grimey ass beat and a dope track

i stick with Stomp II though, its waaaay worse than everything ive heard people post here
    how the fuck can you make a track and think its even listenable with those hi hats??? two seconds in and I have to shut it off

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Lugor View Post
    wtf lol? What do you think is then, BROCK, if you dont mind me asking? Then we can judge thoroughly to ensure its not some sad personal grudge against a rza song like these queer niggas still talking about 'unpredictable' and 'starter', which clearly are at least even half decent tracks to any reasonable listener.
    I wanted to be thorough so I searched his catalog. Here's what I came up with.

Second Coming
    Project Talk
    Cherry Range
    The Whistle
    Pump Your Fist
    Redrum
    See Me
    Destiny...he really does bring his worst to Northstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

I think this shit is hot. Crazy original.
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    I wanted to be thorough so I searched his catalog. Here's what I came up with.

Second Coming
    Project Talk
    Cherry Range
    The Whistle
    Pump Your Fist
    Redrum
    See Me
    Destiny...he really does bring his worst to Northstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post

I think this shit is hot. Crazy original.
    wow
    ill keep it respectful and just say during the last couple days ive learned i have the exact opposite taste in Wu-Tang as brock here
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 05-01-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    wow
    ill keep it respectful and just say during the last couple days ive learned i have the exact opposite taste in Wu-Tang as brock here
    What does that mean? You like all the crap? Good for you.

nah it means i have a different opinion about beats than you. you like some of that shit - more power to ya

second coming one of the wackest ever?
    stomp II is original and dope?
    protools has CLASSIC songs?? like classic as in they will go down as some of the hottest shit hip hop has to offer?

i mean yeah about 1/3 of the beats you posted were pretty awful, but the ones i bolded i actually still bump once in a while, unlike 0 songs from protools

project talk...pump your fist...second coming - now those are classics

If you say so, but once again I'd remind you that polling is on my side and very few people are calling any of those classics. That's all I'm saying.

cherry range is fucking sick..deff not a wack track
    A million strands of spider webs weaved to make my vest
    Chi energy compacted deep within my inner chest
    One touch of my eagle claw clutch, rips your guts, brass head kill you fast with rapid head buts, ninja spying, the ammo flying, the steel iron blow a nigga neck from his head like dandelions