once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OB4CL2 (RZA version)

Quote Originally Posted by jokostyle View Post
    It could be interesting to make a contest for the best version of ob4cl2.
    9-10 tracks minimum and 15 tracks maximum. It includes the tracks selection and their sequencing.

^^ i'll give it a shot i'll be bored as fuck allday at work here so let me see if i can think something up.

and I think claaa7 is correct that My Corner was supposed to be for CL2 from what I remember anyway and I'm pretty sure it's produced by RZA

My Corner
    Fly Shorty Penelope
    Baggage Handlers

all could have easily been on that album. Only problem with Baggage Handlers is Rae is rapping about CL2 coming so he would have had to change his style. what a waste of a J Dilla beat though smh

"My Corner was supposed to be for CL2 from what I remember "

naw pretty sure it wasnt. Any subsequent tracks released by Rae after SOG was automatically assumed as another CL2 track by sites & blogs which wasnt the case. Case in point, Penelope is from 99'

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post

naw pretty sure it wasnt. Any subsequent tracks released by Rae after SOG was automatically assumed as another CL2 track by sites & blogs which wasnt the case. Case in point, Penelope is from 99'

penelope is from 99? i never heard that. who said it's from 99??? and who produced it? i always thought Necro made that beat for some reason

RINGZ' WIFE'S BOYFRIEND

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post

idk.. the beat sounds like it'd fit, produced by rza so it was prolly from the same sessions. id like to put it on.. thinking about switching it and surgical gloves

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    idk.. the beat sounds like it'd fit, produced by rza so it was prolly from the same sessions. id like to put it on.. thinking about switching it and surgical gloves
    Actually thinking about it I think Jin is correct cause the lyrics Raekwon mentions something about the purple tape coming soon or something of that nature. meaning he wouldnt have intended my corner for the actual album sort of like baggage handlers

can someone upload the hq/nodj version of 'my corner' please. i just wanted to compile my personal obfl2 album but i couldnt find the good version anymore...

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz1981 View Post
    Actually thinking about it I think Jin is correct cause the lyrics Raekwon mentions something about the purple tape coming soon or something of that nature. meaning he wouldnt have intended my corner for the actual album sort of like baggage handlers
    i haven't listened to the song in a good while but if i remember correctly he's talking about the first Purple Tape taking the world by storm or something. to me it sounded like it was done for the album and like i said before Allah Mathematics credited it to RZA on his mixtape. besides "State Of Grace" this was the only track released prior to 2008 that i thought sounded complete and CL2 worthy.

Shacronz: i uploaded the song for you, it's a full version without DJ but the volume is much lower than on most mp3's. if anyone's able to fix that: http://www.mediafire.com/?84cqrr4fidez145

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

J Dilla Production on CL2 >>>>>>>>>>>> Rza's production on CL2 including the cuts

i wouldnt change the tracklist at all. i like the album as is.

and when you create yall own versions, do you make a 2nd version or do you just use the one you got?

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i haven't listened to the song in a good while but if i remember correctly he's talking about the first Purple Tape taking the world by storm or something. to me it sounded like it was done for the album and like i said before Allah Mathematics credited it to RZA on his mixtape. besides "State Of Grace" this was the only track released prior to 2008 that i thought sounded complete and CL2 worthy.

Shacronz: i uploaded the song for you, it's a full version without DJ but the volume is much lower than on most mp3's. if anyone's able to fix that: http://www.mediafire.com/?84cqrr4fidez145
    thanks mate!!!!

but i thought there was a cristal clear hq version out there? maybe im mistaken though
    Last edited by shahcronz; 08-21-2010 at 11:48 AM.

^ don't think so, this is the best version i ever managed to find and i went through a few of them.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!