once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rae's Shaolin 96% done, not dropping 2010

maybe the album would be 98% done if he didnt just spend 2 days suckin off justin bieber SMFH

no 2010 release....wow so surprised...not
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

who cares.....its normal for an artist to release an album every 2 yrs.....i didnt expect it to come out in 2010........and besides we finally got CL 2.....
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post

supriiiiiiiise!!!!!!
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

after the insane tarnishing of the WU brand because WU-massacre was so rushed, i dont give a fuck how long this shit takes....especially after what rae did w/ CL2 w/ all that time he had.

that being said, rappers should not be allowed to announce release dates until stores actually receive the product wrapped in plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post
    after the insane tarnishing of the WU brand because WU-massacre was so rushed, i dont give a fuck how long this shit takes....especially after what rae did w/ CL2 w/ all that time he had.

that being said, rappers should not be allowed to announce release dates until stores actually receive the product wrapped in plastic!
    Truth

PRODIGAL SUN

I don't Get it 96% percent done. wtf is the other 4% one track? watz this mothafuka missin a club banga? lol
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

The other 4% is Beiber lacing down his verse at the Wu Mansion

Producers: BT, Kanye West, Rockwilder, Havoc, Scott Storch, Scram Jones

Thats my prediction for the type of producers for this album. Might be lucky to get a Maths beat.
    Last edited by TRONIX; 08-22-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undiluted Karma View Post
    The other 4% is Beiber lacing down his verse at the Wu Mansion
    yeah, it takes beiber a while to lace down a coke story. dude gotta go experience a deal going down. and he listening to CL1 and 2 for inspiration

Banned

hahaha you guys are funny. I'm still trying to ignore the bieber fiasco. but anyway, at 96% or whatever, we need more news than this. I understand if he wants to keep things on the hush-hush, but he should stop saying shit like "it's dropping in september," and then changing his mind to next year

NeonGenesis

I wish he won't go lower then the OB4CL2 level so we can have another dope album from him to bang in such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGenesis View Post
    I wish he won't go lower then the OB4CL2 level so we can have another dope album from him to bang in such a short time.

By what aspect ? Rae proved over the years that he knows his thing when it comes to the lyrics. So, the potential problems are subject (not enough versatile ?), beat selection and even album construction (and perhaps the guests) related.

-The OB4CL 2 Subject is obvious
    -the album construction is just decent IMO. There is very better, there is worse.
    -For the beat selection, i d say that he choosed (especially when he decided to carry alone the project) a wagon of almost insipid beats, which have cool loops but don t pass the test of the entire song (while being listenable, they don t maintain or make grow the heat), don t depict atmospheres like the wu can do, are not vivid, try just, by caricatured ways, to imitate some musical gimmics attributed to RZA & the elements (my preferred Jay Dee track is the one which try the less to sound wu : AJ) AND FOR THE MOST, DON T HAVE SOUL, even when they try to.

I d save those beats :

pyrex vision
    Black Mozart
    New Wu
    Ason Jones
    Fat Lady Sings
    We Will Rob You

and perhaps

Have Mercy

and perhaps (at a lower level)

Sonny's Missing.

I therefore don t see him building a coherent and interesting project musically. i hope i am wrong.
    Last edited by jokostyle; 08-22-2010 at 07:24 PM.