Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denzel Washington's Book Of Eli Sucks

-

LOL@London hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're a funny guy. Book Of Eli was a waste of time for Denzel. I can't believe The Hughes Brothers did classics like Menace II Society and Dead Presidents and then do some bullshit like this hahahahahahahaha.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    LOL@London hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're a funny guy. Book Of Eli was a waste of time for Denzel. I can't believe The Hughes Brothers did classics like Menace II Society and Dead Presidents and then do some bullshit like this hahahahahahahaha.
    ha ha, thats what i'm saying, i can't believe its the same brothers that did 'menace to society' & 'dead presidents' too, that came out wit this 'book of eli' bullshit, ha ha, its crazy

on a serious note though, i hope they pick a better script next time, for real, because they have the talent
    "get money by all means necessary"

-

Denzel has done a few bad movies before like Virtuosity, Devil In A Blue Dress, Fallen, Heart Condition, Queen For My Country, The Mighty Quinn, Inside Man.

PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ Tecknowledgist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    I dont think he was blind
    *smacks forehead*

PRODIGAL SUN

Denzel has done a few bad movies before like Virtuosity, Devil In A Blue Dress, Fallen, Heart Condition, Queen For My Country, The Mighty Quinn, Inside Man.
    yeah he does a lot of them i've gotta pay the bills type movies certain times, i can't hate on him for that you know, ha ha, so long as he fuck's around wit a couple of sick scripts once in a while too, like 'malcolm x', 'american gangster' , 'he got game', 'training day', 'crimson tide' and so on and so on

but i ain't gonna front or nuthin, i heard that 'devil in a blue dress' is supposed to be decent or sumthin, is this true?

-

You can check out Devil In A Blue Dress for yourself to see if you like it but it was boring to me. Don Cheadle did a good job in it. My manager at my 2nd job who said Book Of Eli was good said he didn't like American Gangster. Ain't that a bitch? LOL. He said American Gangster had too much violence LOL.

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

eh, i thought it was an ok movie. fairly entertaining, although I'm not big on being preached to.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

he wasn't blind.
    if you think he was, then you take things at face value too much.

all throughout the movie you see him LOOKING at shit. looking out windows, looking in peoples eyes, looking at people hands, looking at his ipod, looking at his new boots as he tried em out, looking at the sky/sun.

i have this on dvd and i had to point these things out to somebody who also thought he was blind.

he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    he wasn't blind.

all throughout the movie you see him LOOKING at shit. looking out windows, looking in peoples eyes, looking at people hands, looking at his ipod, looking at his new boots as he tried em out, looking at the sky/sun.

i have this on dvd and i had to point these things out to somebody who also thought he was blind.

he wasn't.
    This is what Im saying.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

PRODIGAL SUN

You can check out Devil In A Blue Dress for yourself to see if you like it but it was boring to me. Don Cheadle did a good job in it. My manager at my 2nd job who said Book Of Eli was good said he didn't like American Gangster. Ain't that a bitch? LOL. He said American Gangster had too much violence LOL.
    ha ha, thats jokes about your manager and that american gangster stuff, but yeah, devil in blue dress has don cheadle in it too, allright 'll look out for that shit on rental or sumthin

PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ Tecknowledgist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    he wasn't blind.

he wasn't.
    he wasn't looking, he was pointing his face in the proper direction. he looks at the sun because he can probably still make out a little light, or feel the heat. he travels according to the sun's position. basically, they need to have him do this or you would be able to tell he's blind right away and it would ruin the surprise at the end

when the corpse is hanging in the closet, he walks right into it

when he goes to put his gun down in one scene, he misses the table twice

when he's checking out a house in the beginning, he runs into a bunch of shit

when we wants his battery back from the pawn shop owner, he needs him to place it in his hands

he wakes up when the sun hits his face

he reads braille..

the climax of the movie is when the camera zooms in on his hazy eyeballs when he begins orating the bible

when the chick's blind mother walks into the room and says "make a sound so i know where you are" he realizes she's blind and asks her a bunch of questions about when she lost her sight, whether it was during the nuclear war, etc. she's probably the only other blind person he's ever met due to the difficulity of surviving in a post-apocalyptic world. this also acts as a dramatic irony because you're thinking "haha this bitch is blind, too bad she can't see like my man denzel!"

yes, he shoots with deadly accuracy and is an adept brawler. you can attribute that to his heightened remaining senses, and the divine guidance. film makers can get away with all of this shit just by saying "god is guiding him!"

he could hear the bird in the air and the chick could not

when the cannibals are about to feed them he hears her silverware rattling

if you're watching it and paying attention there's countless hints

any evidence of him having sight is either

1. bad scripting/directing
    2. "god's guidance"
    3. him "looking" in the right direction to throw off the audience

when he killed the cat, he walked right up to it, LOOKED AT IT, and wiped the leaves off.

during the shootout at the old folks house, he kept looking out the window.

I thought he was blind at the end but not for the entire movie now you guys put me in doubt gotta see it again to make sure
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

hes not blind, he took the tray from the blind lady and set it on the table he was watching her the whole time

Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Denzel has done a few bad movies before like ... Devil In A Blue Dress... Inside Man.