news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
Sideoutfox

Sideoutfox grasshopper
Default RZA, Nas, Wyclef, and Mase on MTV

This was a while back on either mtv or mtv2. All four of them sat down and were discussing hiphop and their fav mc's, etc (Mase didn't have much to say lmfao). I was just curious if anyone had it and could post it cuz it's a good listen. peace and thx if anyone does.
Sideoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:07 PM   #2
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: RZA, Nas, Wyclef, and Mase on MTV

that was when mtv had "hip-hop week" that shit is funny now because the whole channel is hip-hop. rza was talking about how white mc's will probably be taking shit over soon. this was before eminem or remedy came out. rza also was asked who the greatest mc of all time was, and he said gza... he recently was recalling this in an interview and he said "me, nas, wyclef, and somebody else were on a show" haha, mase is so irrelevant that rza didn't even remember him being on the dais.
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
Sideoutfox

Sideoutfox grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay
that was when mtv had "hip-hop week" that shit is funny now because the whole channel is hip-hop. rza was talking about how white mc's will probably be taking shit over soon. this was before eminem or remedy came out. rza also was asked who the greatest mc of all time was, and he said gza... he recently was recalling this in an interview and he said "me, nas, wyclef, and somebody else were on a show" haha, mase is so irrelevant that rza didn't even remember him being on the dais.
LOLOLOL!!! good for him. that's how u do it.
Sideoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:12 PM   #4
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

^^^^lol @ not remembering mase

i would like to see that.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #5
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think it was on that hour long q&a from san fran a few months ago. somebody posted it here
Old 10-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #6
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

other things i remember about this show....

rza and wyclef mention doing the track "shining star" with SOM and E,W&F

mase said he had a difficult time getting signed becuase of how slow he rhymes.

rza talks about wanting to bang some white singer....i can picture her but can't remember her name.

i think nas said something about biggie and jay-z stealing his and raekwon's style.

i now think that eminem might have been out when this interview happened. i think mase might have called him "the great white hype". then rza said something that one day hip hop will grow so much that white guys will dominate rap. and that they will have their own crews.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #7
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay
other things i remember about this show....

rza and wyclef mention doing the track "shining star" with SOM and E,W&F

mase said he had a difficult time getting signed becuase of how slow he rhymes.

rza talks about wanting to bang some white singer....i can picture her but can't remember her name.

i think nas said something about biggie and jay-z stealing his and raekwon's style.

i now think that eminem might have been out when this interview happened. i think mase might have called him "the great white hype". then rza said something that one day hip hop will grow so much that white guys will dominate rap. and that they will have their own crews.
^^^^
Old 10-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #8
Wu-Disciple
Veteran Member

Wu-Disciple shaolin monk

RZA said som'thin about Ghost fuckin groupies/fans.

Nas explained how a female fan flipped on him at pathmark one time for not signing an orthograph for her friend after he'd already sign hers.

most importanly, at the end of hte show Clef said he would love to work w/ everyone of them and RZA was the only one who really said yeah. i would loooooove to put these two in a studio and see what happens. clef's been was too bad or too pop on that sunz of man album
Wu-Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:59 AM   #9
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
RZA said som'thin about Ghost fuckin groupies/fans.
That's what i remember - "it's like ghost says - you're goddam right i fuck fans." And Mase starts cracking up. And then Nas
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #10
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

I Remeber Rza Was Makin The Rest Of Them Just Crack Up The Whole Time Like Hahaha This Dude Is Wild.
baby jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:48 PM   #11
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Haha do the knowledge RZA wish I would have seen that
Old 10-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #12
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

^^^^fuck System Of A Down, If Rza Wants To Use Guitar In A Beat He Should Use Wyclef!!!!
Old 10-23-2005, 06:13 PM   #13
K.E.G.

K.E.G. Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by crass
^^^^fuck System Of A Down, If Rza Wants To Use Guitar In A Beat He Should Use Wyclef!!!!
that's what happens when you miss out on MTV, the once in a while type hypes are aired, then vanish like the recycle been they can be. got to time travel now that its been mentioned.

and please, not f* system. Rather, f* the system, down with the system and I could only train harder to ever be on their's or Wu's level of compatibility.
All kinds of collaborations pertaining to the art would be cool though.
K.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:15 PM   #14
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk

twisted
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #15
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

fuck that, use system