news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Thing -(prequel to the 1982 film)

Used to love this film as a kid, hope they don't fuck it up!

hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Looks like they really went all out to make this IDENTICAL to the original, lol.

Srsly, what's the point, it's like when bands cover a song and perform it identically to the original. What's the point if you're not going to bring something new to the table?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
Looks like they really went all out to make this IDENTICAL to the original, lol.

Srsly, what's the point, it's like when bands cover a song and perform it identically to the original. What's the point if you're not going to bring something new to the table?
Its A Double Edged Sword, the minute you make something diffrent people cry that you didnt stay true to the Original, but if you mimic the original too closely they cry about you not bringing anything new to the table

This is gonna be lame, its gonna be nothing but CGI and LOL @ changing the main character to a female

FYI this is the third remake, for those that dont know, the 80's version was a remake of a 50's flick
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ohhh boy

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:17 AM   #5
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

This is actually a prequel to the 1982 film, not a remake. It takes place a few days before the events of the 1982 movie. They should of added something on to the title though instead of calling it 'The Thing' also, to make it a little less confusing, lol

--It is a prequel to the 1982 John Carpenter film of the same name. Matthijs's film will take place right before the first film, following the exploits of the Norwegian and American scientists who originally discovered the alien.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Yup 3 days before the OG, Im assuming like...ALL of them are going to die in this, there wasnt a reported survivor from the first..

"Taking place three days before the events of the John Carpenter film,[5] paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) joins a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across a crashed extraterrestrial spaceship buried in the ice of Antarctica. They discover a creature that seems to have died in the crash eons ago.

When an experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate joins the crew's pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton), to keep it from killing and imitating them one at a time, using its uncanny ability to mimic any life form it absorbs through digestion, and potentially reaching civilization"
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I have a feeling that there might be a survivor from this prequel, and it will probably be that woman paleontologist, which would be lame.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
Bobby Budknickers
Salute My Sharts

Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i remember there was The Thing video game for playstation 2 and that shit was the worst. but it will probably be better than this and have better acting.

Rob vs Bob
Bobby Budknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I enjoyed it, obviously nowhere near as good as John Carpenter's version but definatly worth a watch, lots of cgi compared to the fx of the 1982 film. This one was meant to use lots of practical fx too but universal aparently made them replace lots of it with cgi, thought it was good how they ended the film though

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
I have a feeling that there might be a survivor from this prequel, and it will probably be that woman paleontologist, which would be lame.
lol, u guessed it!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

the kurt russell movie is perfection
Old 09-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #11
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

There will be one survivor....the Norweigan last seen in the beginning of the OG Lars...
Old 09-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #12
check two
N.I.

Well technically there were two people in the helicopter? lol

As long as they don't do something stupid and have that woman survive, and say that she was in some other area that wasn't searched, during the 1982 movie.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #13
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Was gonna make another thread but instead hands up who thinks John Carpenter is a genius? I been watching some of his old flicks again and wow! That guy should be a lot more well known as a director, I mean seriously makes great and thought provoking films about interesting subjects.

The Thing is a great example of him making a film thats weird but not self consciously weird, it just comes out of the story. I think he might be the greatest horror/sci-fi director of all time.

This remake looks completely uninteresting to me.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #14
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Was gonna make another thread but instead hands up who thinks John Carpenter is a genius? I been watching some of his old flicks again and wow! That guy should be a lot more well known as a director, I mean seriously makes great and thought provoking films about interesting subjects.

The Thing is a great example of him making a film thats weird but not self consciously weird, it just comes out of the story. I think he might be the greatest horror/sci-fi director of all time.

This remake looks completely uninteresting to me.
\

He was always my favorite horror director as well

The Thing, The Fog, Halloween, Esacape from New York(not horror but still), etc etc etc

Last good movie he made was "In The Mouth of Madness" tho, his newer movies suck

ghosts of Mars = one of the worst movies I've ever seen, shits up there with Attack of the Killer Tomatos
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Not a remake, prequel