news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth

Old 09-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default new mumm beat

copped 15 vinyls a couple hours ago, dug up a sample already

http://www.box.net/shared/km22kfzptzeq4qy7rqu2

with ghostface acapella:

http://www.box.net/shared/060rrhu31681ldgjkl1u

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 09-09-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Mumm Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Those drums are friggin nice. Addictive Drums is the shit right?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

haha i didnt use AD at all
i actually havent used it in a while...
Old 09-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Good samples then I guess. You chop a break or something or are they individual drums from different sources?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

individual drums from a few different kits, every drum and percussion sound was programmed by me

i been learning lately

AD is dope for what it is but after time i think they lack a little character, or i still dont know how to get them to sound how i want - one or the other
Old 09-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
individual drums from a few different kits, every drum and percussion sound was programmed by me

i been learning lately

AD is dope for what it is but after time i think they lack a little character, or i still dont know how to get them to sound how i want - one or the other
I feel the same way. At least for kicks and snares. The kicks lack low and don't bang as hard as other drums. Even when EQing and ocmpressing the shit out of them I couldn't get them to feel right. I guess there's just not a lot of lower end in the kicks anyway, so what's not there can't be EQ'd in there. The snares sounded pretty good and are great for rolls and fills, but I found them sounding a bit too clean and only two or three of them were usable. For layering AD is still the shit and the hi hats, crashes and tambourines are great.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

i been learning about drum 'artifacts' too
like that opening drum bar layer i made
Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

yeah i would cosign all of that
Old 09-11-2011, 03:11 AM   #9
H.Notik
Fuck The Law.

H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)H.Notik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to H.Notik

Awesome.

Caught up with the sky
Shot at God.

H.Notik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:54 AM   #10
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

thank you sir
once this style album is done im gonna have a shit ton of beats to throw at the booth
Old 09-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #11
Chief Bob
---

Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Chief Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The Ghostface acapella fits perfect, dope beat.
Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
$inista
TRIBU MILITIA

$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bob View Post
The Ghostface acapella fits perfect, dope beat.
i agree shit is dope went together like wine & roses

when i first listened to the beet by itself it felt like it was missing a lil umph or something then i said wait let me put the volume up yes you must bump this, luv the drums lil mellow lil grime lot of bump, i can dig it
peace
$inista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
noisebeat
aka ZBN

noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noisebeat Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yep that's a nice mix.
Nice track.
noisebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #14
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

peace and thanks folks, much more where this came from

i think the timing on the vocals is off in some spots but im just getting into working with vocals and its hard for me to match em up without knowing the BPM right now. good practice for me though.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ye this is real dope fam

the pella is def a little behind in sync. but it still sound dope. what do you use to make your remixes?

as for the beat, that was some smooth ish. def a new sound from Ra but i like it better then anything i heard to date. drums got a lot of bounce, and a real warm sound, swinging like monkeys in trees. love the sample, sounds like some shit i woulda sampled lol love that horn flip in there, sets it off proper

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote