news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS
Default DOOM! speaks!

http://vimeo.com/31521253

As some of you may or may not know, ego trip’s own Chairman Mao has been out in Madrid these past two weeks with the Red Bull Music Academy
– hosting lectures, penning the occasional article for the RBMA website, hosting radio shows and gigging, and whatever else happens to come up. His latest act of content generating business is newly uploaded for your viewing pleasure: an in-depth, hour-and-a-half public conversation with that masked man of rap mystery, MF Doom. Bear witness as Doom discusses the early ’80s episodes of Afrika Islam’s “Zulu Beats” radio shows on WHBI, which would provide the inspiration for his signature audio collages. Listen as he explains the defining characteristics of his plethora of performance personas (Zev Love X, Doom, Viktor Vaughn, King Ghidra). Marvel as he dissects the makings of classic recordings such as KMD’s Mr. Hood and Black Bastards, Operation: Doomsday, and his essential collab with Madlib, Madvillain’s Madvillainy. Mystery, science, and theater – all in abundance when this Supervillain s

Last edited by UNCLE RUCKUS; 11-06-2011 at 06:50 PM.
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
laolu
Old Head, Young Shoulders

laolu drunken mastalaolu drunken mastalaolu drunken masta

Dope
Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what did he say. i dont watch vids. waste of my life. just give me the two second summary.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he basically broke down his entire career from pre-KMD to now its an hour and a half interview not a waste of time honestly some dope stories and insight
Old 11-06-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

true. but i prefer articles i can just skim through to the interesting/pertinent parts. not really plausible with videos, especially one an hour and a half long.

i was hoping he was saying something about doom/starks.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #6
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

he answered every ? no one asked about DOOMStarks but he did say he's prety much done with his part of Madvillainy2 that Mablib just has to put some more work in. no mention of Ghostdoom tho
Old 11-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
whitey
Wu Vatican

word word. thanks bruh.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #8
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

EXCELLENT interview with the Villain. Nice set timeline set up and everything big up to dj babu for asking dope shit.

WHHHHYYYYYY didn't anybody in the audience ask about mr.fantastik???!!! lmao I woulda asked about dude after dude asked about the chick who sang them hooks

does anybody have a download link of the video? I cant get it off youtube cuz its not in full. I dont know how to dl vemo
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

checkin this out now.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:59 AM   #10
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i usually not that much into checking out long video interviews as i too prefer skimming through text interviews where i can spot what i want to know. these Red Bull interviews that's been dropping this year has been aboslutely fantastic though, i haven't heard DOOM speak that many times before and this was extremely informative... also the Wu and Black Moon interviews were crazy but this one gets the cake imo

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #11
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

The main thing I get from it is daniel is just a regular guy, gotten wiser by his years and his mask is mainly for fun, although lol if i had to adjust it all the time like he does I'd consider giving it up.

He kind of hints that he might when he say Zev Luv is still around.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #12
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

in all honesty one of the best interviews ever...

DOOM is a genius....

also, that might be the illest STALL technique ever....

question....

PAUSE....

HOLD....

ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOOM killed the interviewer with that... got him thinking he asked some stupid shit, every question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the way DOOM reintroduced himself to music... will allow him to work forever....

he can drop album 20 years from now if he feels like it... the greats dont have a shot clock....

the audience was weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i gotta assume hes gearing up to drop a wave of material....

this is the definitive MF DOOM story.... well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post
in all honesty one of the best interviews ever...

DOOM is a genius....

also, that might be the illest STALL technique ever....

question....

PAUSE....

HOLD....

ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOOM killed the interviewer with that... got him thinking he asked some stupid shit, every question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the way DOOM reintroduced himself to music... will allow him to work forever....

he can drop album 20 years from now if he feels like it... the greats dont have a shot clock....

the audience was weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i gotta assume hes gearing up to drop a wave of material....

this is the definitive MF DOOM story.... well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\
Yeah I think hes gonna unload a bunch of albums next year out of nowhere!

Yo Inf! that was Chairman Mao from EgoTrip/xxl that did the interview not Babu lol
peace
Old 11-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #14
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

loved the interview.

thanks for posting

time to put the doom albums back on spin.

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #15
fonzarelli

fonzarelli crouching tiger

good shit yo