news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone
Default When you dip into the catalog.....

Every winter I find myself bumping Wu albums for a month or two while newer hip hop takes some time off (usually Jan-March there are no real new releases to speak of) and typically I go through the first 7 discs, the other day I was bumping Ironman all day.

However I also found myself going back through Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang and I was wondering........since they've been around for so long, does anyone else find themselves curious to go back to the newer albums like Made in Brooklyn or Fishscale or Dopium, maybe the Chamber Music/Legendary Weapons albums?

I've always just gone right back to the original 7 but since their catalog has gotten so huge at this point I'm thinking it's about time to give the newer releases some additional spins.

Thoughts?
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

I still listen to "Chamber Music", "No Said Date", "Fishscale", "Dopium", "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2". "Pro Tools" and "Grandmasters" fairly regularly.
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Meta4
Poet Of The Streets

Meta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal son

Fishscale was in my stereo for the past few days along with rotating Rae's Vatican tapes. Grandmasters is GZA's 2nd classic, both the regular and instrumental version get played A LOT.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

I like Beneath the Surface more but Grandmasters is really dope\\Fishscale, No Sid Date, Linx 2 are all real dope

tical 421, chamber music as well

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

i like combining chamber music into one album on my ipod, and i listen to that frequently. when i'm having wu months like you said, i usually find myself listening to more fish, tical 2000, the movement, and a bunch of other duds looking for sleeper tracks. going through the deep cuts you can find some fire
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #6
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threyev View Post
i like combining chamber music into one album on my ipod, and i listen to that frequently. when i'm having wu months like you said, i usually find myself listening to more fish, tical 2000, the movement, and a bunch of other duds looking for sleeper tracks. going through the deep cuts you can find some fire
"Chamber Music" is already an album, i usually bump it all the way through only i take off all the skits except the intro and the one with the Shaolin flick samples before "Ill Figures" - "Redemption" or what it's called. or do you mean that you combine "Chamber Music" with the best of "Legendary Weapons"?? good idea if that's the case, i really need to try that - that should be great cuz much of them sound like one project.

a similiar thing i do is that i combine the two "Afro Samurai" soundtracks into an 18 track album and that way it's pretty damn mindblowing. i use the 7 emcee tracks on volume 1 (not counting the bonus songs) and then the 10 or 11 songs i really like on volume II. that shit is insane, you should try it.

to answer OP's question. it depends, sometimes i get a Wu period where i basically only listen to the first round of solos, "36 Chambers" and "Wu Forever". other times i almost exclusively listen to the second round of solos + "The W" and "Iron Flag". and sometimes i listen to alot of Ghost.. this all goes in period, i haven't listened much to Wu the last months now. there's a few in the catalouge that i don't think i listen to once a year, maybe not even every other year - stuff like "Wizard Of Poetry", "Pro Tools", "Digi Snacks", all Inspectah Deck albums except his debut.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
Sparrow Daene
PRODIGAL SUN

Sparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venoms

I've been listening to Cuban Linx II since 2009 and I'm still into it. Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang and Apollo Kids are great.

Recently I've been listening to 8 Diagrams nonstop with the two compilation albums Chamber Music and Legendary Weapons. Legendary Weapons is completely underrated. I slept on it when it was released, but "Diesel Fluid", "Drunk Tongue" and all that? Come on now! Even the beats on the interludes are nice. (Kind of like the beat at the end of "Rich & Black" why the fuck isn't anybody rhyming on that???) That album is the better of the two Fizzy Womack/Revelations compilations I think. Chamber Music has only 7-8 actual songs on it, right?

Where is Killah Priest's album? I'm thinking that's gonna be his 3rd classic. He's taking his time on it, which is a good thing. (CL2) Remember how long he took to make Heavy Mental? He postponed working on it so he could study and do some extra research etc.
Sparrow Daene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
"Chamber Music" is already an album, i usually bump it all the way through only i take off all the skits except the intro and the one with the Shaolin flick samples before "Ill Figures" - "Redemption" or what it's called. or do you mean that you combine "Chamber Music" with the best of "Legendary Weapons"?? good idea if that's the case, i really need to try that - that should be great cuz much of them sound like one project.

a similiar thing i do is that i combine the two "Afro Samurai" soundtracks into an 18 track album and that way it's pretty damn mindblowing. i use the 7 emcee tracks on volume 1 (not counting the bonus songs) and then the 10 or 11 songs i really like on volume II. that shit is insane, you should try it.

to answer OP's question. it depends, sometimes i get a Wu period where i basically only listen to the first round of solos, "36 Chambers" and "Wu Forever". other times i almost exclusively listen to the second round of solos + "The W" and "Iron Flag". and sometimes i listen to alot of Ghost.. this all goes in period, i haven't listened much to Wu the last months now. there's a few in the catalouge that i don't think i listen to once a year, maybe not even every other year - stuff like "Wizard Of Poetry", "Pro Tools", "Digi Snacks", all Inspectah Deck albums except his debut.
You should listen to pro tools and some songs off other deck albums more regularly id say.

I think pro tools is pretty underrated, especially the ka and rza verses. 7 pounds is real banging track, gza should work w black milk more.

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by saverio View Post
I think pro tools is pretty underrated
This.
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I bump a lot of the more recent releases, quite a lot actually.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
Every winter I find myself bumping Wu albums for a month or two while newer hip hop takes some time off (usually Jan-March there are no real new releases to speak of) and typically I go through the first 7 discs, the other day I was bumping Ironman all day.

However I also found myself going back through Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang and I was wondering........since they've been around for so long, does anyone else find themselves curious to go back to the newer albums like Made in Brooklyn or Fishscale or Dopium, maybe the Chamber Music/Legendary Weapons albums?

I've always just gone right back to the original 7 but since their catalog has gotten so huge at this point I'm thinking it's about time to give the newer releases some additional spins.

Thoughts?
Huge..., like... this huge?

Last edited by 8; 01-23-2012 at 03:10 PM.
8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

...more 'hilarious' posts

anyway, when i get bored i usually go back to cuban linx or dirty version. i played cl2 and 8 diagrams recently. 8 diagrams is good if you make it the best 8 songs. most of this shit just comes up on my mp3 player on shuffle like i listened to this the other day, pretty much forgot about it.

probably stick to the older stuff
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #13
Crown Fried Patron
3 Piece & A Biscuit

Crown Fried Patron grasshopper

I still listen to Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, OB4CL2, Apollo Kids, Fishscale.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #14
Chris Stylez
PRODIGAL SUN

Chris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkey

well i have to listen to kinda newer shit. everything i owned before 1999 is in the attic of my old apartment lol. all i have here is odb's 1st album. i was just listening to black out 2 for a week or so. before that i had made in brooklyn in the car for about a month.

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

Chris Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stylez View Post
well i have to listen to kinda newer shit. everything i owned before 1999 is in the attic of my old apartment lol. all i have here is odb's 1st album. i was just listening to black out 2 for a week or so. before that i had made in brooklyn in the car for about a month.
I feel like Made in Brooklyn was highly underrated. Such a great record from start to finish
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote