news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: ..........
Yes 16 64.00%
No 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
Bizkitz
penalty boxed user

Bizkitz Village Idiot
Default Is Deck an alltime great?

Yes or No
Bizkitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

He is definitely one of the greats in the game..he has dropped verses some rappers will never be able to match their whole careers
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
He is definitely one of the greats in the game..he has dropped verses some rappers will never be able to match their whole careers
this.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

Yes he is...Who from the Wu camp isnt?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

no.
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
food for thought
Generic Mod Folk

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Got that neg rep coming your way soon as i spread it bro

From donated clothes, to caps and gowns
It's a little shout to my black and brown
Folks that know the game, not in class to clown
Had the funny accent, look who's laughing now
See Samir came here to grind, and he slaved at
Every minimum wage job, but he saved that
Brought his sis here on scholarship to make stacks
Working as a surgeon she bought a whip, and payed cash
No time to whine, we just face facts
Lets fit 6 in the back and lets take that
To the best restaurants, make reservations
Since we out here, since they made reservations
For first Nations and they never made reparations
The Natives probably relate more to immigration
So this for y'all too, and I can't forget the Haitians
Here for an education. Its a celebration.
food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lmao
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Cesar
Veteran Member

Cesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal son

He was top 5 from 92-99. After that he lost focus in his lyrics. Just like Prodigy, top 5 from 95-99, well at least for me.
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

of course he fucking is were not talking Qwel here. Dudes a legend
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
Bizkitz
penalty boxed user

Bizkitz Village Idiot

Deck's a legend but he isn't touching Qwel lyrically no matter from which period it is from.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
BornPower
SiferBorn

BornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizkitz View Post
Deck's a legend but he isn't touching Qwel lyrically no matter from which period it is from.
who is this "Qwel" you speak of? is he some white MC you made up just to throw in the convo?

^
Thinks a Deck clone could be better than the original GOD from Shaolin.
fleeing mobs turn to see the holocaust and become kings and queens of salt
screaming shots, police and chalk,
wingless fallen demons walking among us as people...

-.5Kut
BornPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the wu is probably the most legendary hip hop group of all time, every one of them is an all time great for that
PS. nobody gives a fuck about qwel
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
BornPower
SiferBorn

BornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venoms

i WOULD be the brave one to vote NO first in the poll...

I agree that Deck had dropped amazing versed during his career but he has done so only sporadically and Deck lacks a key element in MCing...charisma. Deck is an amazing technician on the MIC but I feel that he lacks a little bit.

and that's just talking career-wise. if we're talkin about if we were to put these "all-time greats" in a room to cipher and see who gets off, I'd definitely sponsor Deck (at least, I'd put SOME cash on him to place, not win) but there are too many others (imo) that kill it consistently in all categories.

Pharoahe Monch
Redman
Black Thought
Method Man
Ghostface
Lupe (yeah, I said LUPE!)
Busta
Big Punisher
Lauryn Hill

I mean, the list goes on of MC's I'd say were all-time greats before I hit Deck.

<---and that's my nickel.
fleeing mobs turn to see the holocaust and become kings and queens of salt
screaming shots, police and chalk,
wingless fallen demons walking among us as people...

-.5Kut
BornPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Bizkitz
penalty boxed user

Bizkitz Village Idiot

Add Qwel to that list and I'd be all for it.

Mumm Ra

Qwel > your favorite rapper.

Check this thread brah. I made it about a week back.

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115050
Old 04-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #15
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

qwel is apparently an 85%er.

but yeah deck is absolutely an alltime great. dude has way too many classic verses to not be one.

people who say no will note his album catalog. go listen to any of his albums and tell me deck aint spittin lava. forget the beats, LISTEN TO THE BARS! decks ability to flow to a beat is absurdly underrated. dude can ride a beat as well as anyone. i dont think i have to talk about his lyrical content.

check out how he bounces on "the road" or on "blast off" or "iron flag". just a few examples.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote