news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 09-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
cj wisty
supreme maths GOD degree

cj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal son
Default Is black women's obsession with their hair related to an innate fear

i was watching this video again and i wondered if it was related to black women's obsession with their hair.

i have made the assumption which people b4 probably have already made that cuz of early racism against blacks black women became ashamed of their hair and wanted to make their hair straighter and have more variations of colour to their hair.

this happened so long that it is now somewhat innate. not totally innate but somewhat innate on a small scale and thats why they obsess over their hair and try 2 make their hair more like white people's.

do others believe this or do they think that their might b another cause such as white women's hair is just more fashionable these days and black women have always been obsessed with hair and this gives the false impression of what ive said above.

Last edited by cj wisty; 09-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.
cj wisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post

i was watching this video again and i wondered if it was related to black women's obsession with their hair.

i have made the assumption which people b4 probably have already made that cuz of early racism against blacks black women became ashamed of their hair and wanted to make their hair straighter and have more variations of colour to their hair.

this happened so long that it is now somewhat innate. not totally innate but somewhat innate on a small scale and thats why they obsess over their hair and try 2 make their hair more like white people's.

do others believe this or do they think that their might b another cause such as white women's hair is just more fashionable these days and black women have always been obsessed with hair and this gives the false impression of what ive said above.

Another explanation is to tie it in with what type of woman is considered beautiful in our western culture as shown on tv.

Or we could go back to the Ancient Egyptians where we have Nubian Queens (and I think even Kings!) wearing wigs that resemble extensions of today. Maybe, not innate fear, just practicality or a certain value put on a certain type of hair and what it represents (regality?).

Maybe there it's more aesthetically pleasing than an Afro style. Who knows.

It's deep though.

Last edited by diggy; 10-06-2012 at 08:35 PM.
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Last edited by diggy; 10-06-2012 at 08:31 PM.
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
cj wisty
supreme maths GOD degree

cj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal soncj wisty prodigal son

i also based this on articles i found on the internet about anti semitism possibly being innate so i knew it wasnt profound or original.

i wanted to see if others thought that this wasnt the case and that white people's hairstyles might just be more fashionable as seen in Japan where they have died hair and their hairstyles r more 'white'.

Last edited by cj wisty; 09-16-2012 at 05:23 PM.
cj wisty is offline   Reply With Quote