news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms
Default I Was Disappointed In Smif And Wessun's Collabo Album With Pete Rock

I saw their album at the record store a few weeks ago and the copy i saw was a used copy. They only wanted like $8 for it i think but i passed on it. I wanted to hear what the songs sounded like first. So i went to Youtube to listen to some songs and i was disappointed with what i heard. I'm glad i didn't buy the album. I thought it was nice that Pete and Smif and Wessun did a collabo album but i wasn't feeling the beats. Only song i liked was the one they did with Sean Price and Styles P.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
UncontrolledSubstans
PRODIGAL SUN

UncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal son

Roses was dope as fuck. Solid album.

That's Hard
Feel Me
Roses
Night Time

All really good tracks.

Last edited by UncontrolledSubstans; 09-29-2012 at 02:54 PM.
UncontrolledSubstans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Why would they do a song with Freeway? LOL. I see Tek has a long beard and he needs to shave it LOL.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Why would they do a song with Freeway? LOL. I see Tek has a long beard and he needs to shave it LOL.
haha

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
ahaha, yeah, freeway is one of the most boring mc's. has absolutely nothing of worth to say ever. one the dumbest competent mc's ever.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
UncontrolledSubstans
PRODIGAL SUN

UncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal son

Haha whats wrong with Freeway? He's dope and that hook is great.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

Freeway is ok but i wouldn't listen to his albums. I did like his lyrics on Roc The Mic song with Beanie Siegel.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Yuki
fat for the 90's

Yuki grasshopper

it was a decent album but could have been better
Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

Smif and Wessun haven't made a good album since Da Shinin LOL. I know some of ya'll may disagree but that's how i feel. The Rude Awakening album was also a disappointment but i like the songs Won On Won, Black Trump with Raekwon, Spanish Harlem with Hurricane G(how has she done some songs with good rappers like Keith Murray, Redman, Xzibit when she sucks? LOL. She just looks good LOL. I can't believe Erick Sermon had a baby with her.).
Old 09-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

Have ya'll checked out Smif and Wessun's mixtapes? I heard Tek's solo mixtape and Steele's solo mixtape and i like them.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

I thought this would be an amazing album. Smif N Wessun had that 90 feeling but they fell off with this album and with Pete on it I thought it would have been great but guess what, he was wack as well. Some samples were good.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

this album is like audio nyquil and pete rock has been wack since 1994/1995.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
you faggot. Pete Rock had classics til like 03. 94-95 you clearly haven't followed his carreer at all and probably only listened to the PR&CL albums or didn't even listen to that. He has much unreleased stuff from 97-99 which you never listened to. Ignorant.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
laolu
Old Head, Young Shoulders

laolu drunken mastalaolu drunken mastalaolu drunken masta

Quote:

Lolwut?
Old 09-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
SAYS THE MISSY ELLIOT FAN, YOUR GAY TIMBALAND BEATS WIT FROG NOISES CANT MESS WIT THE LEGEND OF PETE

BUT I WAS DISSAPOINTED BY THIS LP, I THOUGHT PETE WAS GONNA GIVE THESE NIGGAZ MORE BANGERS LIKE HE DID WIT JAYSHAUN AND ED O G

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote