news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
WallyG
CHICKEN HEAD

WallyG grasshopper
Default Assault Weapons - Are they necessary?

I live in Canada, the true north strong and free (yes, that's the line in the Canadian national anthem). Below are a list of prohibited firearms in the country. Source: Wikipedia

Prohibited firearms include:

Handguns

with a barrel length inferior to 105 millimetres (4.1 in), or;
that are designed to discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition;
exceptions are stated in the Regulations Prescribing Exclusions from Certain Definitions of the Criminal Code International Sporting Competition Handguns[29]

Rifles and shotguns that have been altered by sawing, cutting or any other means, so that:

the barrel length is inferior to 457 millimetres (18.0 in) (regardless of overall length), or;
the overall length is inferior to 660 millimetres (26 in)

Firearms which have fully automatic fire capability, or "converted automatics" (i.e.: firearms which were originally semi-automatic, but have been modified to discharge ammunition in an automatic fashion)
Firearms prescribed as prohibited by the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted (SOR/98-462)[23]:

Firearm capable of discharging dart or other object carrying electrical current or substance, including Taser Public Defender and any variant or modified version of it
Firearm known as SSS-1 Stinger and any similar firearm designed or of a size to fit in the palm of the hand
Carbines, rifles and shotguns of designs commonly known as, including any variants or modified versions of them:

A.A. Arms AR9 semi-auto rifle and AR-9 carbine
AK-47 rifle and all variants, including AK Hunter, AKM, AKM-63, AKS-56S, AKS-56S-1/2, AKS-74, AKS84S-1, AMD-65, AR Model .223, Dragunov, Galil, KKMPi69, M60, M62, M70B1, M70AB2, M76, M77B1, M78, M80, M80A, MAK90, MPiK, MPiKM, MPiKMS-72, MPiKS, PKM, PKM-DGN-60, PMKM, RPK, RPK-74, RPK-87S, Type 56, 56-1, 56-2, 56-3, 56-4, Type 68, Type 79, American Arms AKY39, AKF39, AKC47 and AKF47, MAM70WS762, Mitchell AK-22, AK-47 and Heavy Barrel AK-47, Norinco 84S, 84S AK, 56, 56-1/2/3/4, Poly Technologies Inc. AK-47/S, AKS-47/S and AKS-762, Valmet M76, M76 carbine, M78/A2, M78 LMG, M82 and M82 Bullpup, except: Valmet Hunter, Hunter Auto and M78
American 180 auto-carbine, including AM-180 and Illinois Arms Co. Model 180 auto-carbines
Armalite AR-180 Sporter carbine
Barrett "Light 50" Model 82A1 & Model 90 rifles
Benelli M1 Super 90 and M3 Super 90 shotguns, except: M1 Super 90 (Field/Sporting Special), Montefeltro Super 90 (Standard Hunter/Left Hand/Turkey/Uplander/Slug/20 Gauge), Black Eagle (Limited Ed./Competition/Slug Gun), Super Black Eagle (Custom Slug)
Beretta AR70 assault rifle
Bernardelli B4 and B4/B shotguns
BM 59 rifle, including: Beretta BM 59, BM 59R, BM 59GL, BM 59D, BM 59 MkE, BM 59 MkI/MkII/MkIII, BM 59 Mk Ital/Ital TA/TP/Para and BM 60CB, as well as Springfield Armory BM 59 Alpine, BM 59 Alpine Paratrooper and BM 59 Nigerian MkIV
Bushmaster auto-rifle
Calico M-900 rifle, including M-951, M-100 and M-105 carbines
Cetme Sport auto-rifle
Claridge HI-TEC C, LEC, ZLEC-9 carbines
Daewoo K1, K1A1, K2, Max1, Max2, AR-100, AR-110C, MAXI-II and KC-20 rifles
Demro TAC-1M and XF-7 Wasp carbines
Eagle Apache carbine
Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45 carbines
FAMAS rifle, including MAS223, FAMAS Export, FAMAS Civil and Mitchell MAS/22
Feather AT-9 semi-auto carbine and AT-22 auto-carbine
Federal XC-900, XC-220 rifles and XC-450 auto-rifle
Fabrique Nationale FN FNC, FNC-11, FNC-22, FNC-33, FNC Auto and FNC Auto Paratrooper rifles, as well as FN FAL, FN 308 Model44, FAL Competition Auto, FAL Heavy Barrel 308 Match, FAL Paratrooper 308 Match 50-64 and FN 308 Model 50-63
Franchi SPAS 12, LAW 12 shotguns
Franchi SPAS 15 shotgun
Galil assault rifle, including AP-84, ARM, AR, SAR, 332 and Mitchell Galil/22 auto-rifle
Gepard anti-materiel rifle
Goncz High-Tech carbine
Grendel R-31 auto-carbine
Heckler & Koch G3, G3A3, G3A3ZF, G3A4, G3SG/1, G11, HK33, 33A2, 33A3, 33KA1, HK91, 91A2, 91A3, 93, 93A2, 93A3, 94, 94A2, 94A3 and PSG-1 rifles, as well as: MP5, MP5A2, MP5A3, MP5K, MP5SD, MP5SD1, MP5SD2, MP5SD3 submachine guns
Iver Johnson AMAC long-range rifle and Plainfield Super Enforcer carbine
J&R Eng M-68, PJK M-68 and Wilkinson Terry carbines
Kimel Industries AR-9 rifle/carbine
Leader Mark Series auto-rifle
Maadi Griffin rifle/carbine
McMillan M87, M87R rifles and M88 carbine
Pauza Specialties P50 rifle and P50 carbine
PE57 rifle
Research Armament Industries Model 500 rifle
SIG AMT, SG-550 rifles and SG-551 carbine
Spectre auto-carbine
Springfield Armory SAR-48, SAR-48 Bush/Heavy Barrel/Para/22
Steyr AUG rifle
Striker, Striker 12 and Streetsweeper shotguns
Thompson submachine gun including: Model 1921, 1927, 1928, M1, Auto-Ordnance M27A-1, M27A-1 Deluxe, M1927A-3/A-5, Commando Arms MkI, MkII, MkIII, Mk9, Mk45
Universal Enforcer Model 3000 auto-carbine and Model 3010N, 3015G, 3020TRB and 3025TCO carbines
US Arms PMAI assault rifle
USAS-12 auto-shotgun
UZI, Mini-UZI and Model A carbines
Weaver Arms Nighthawk carbine

Pistols, revolvers and other handguns of designs commonly known as, including any variants or modified versions of them:

AA Arms AP-9 auto-pistol and AP-9, Target AP-9 and Mini AP-9 pistols
Bushmaster auto-pistol
Calico M-950 auto-pistol and M-110 pistol
Claridge Hi-Tec Models S, L, T, ZL-9 and ZT-9 pistols
Cobray M10, M11, and RPB M10/M11/SM10/SM11 and SWD M10/M11/SM10/SM11 pistols
CZ Skorpion auto-pistol
Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45 assault pistols, including MP-9, MP-45 mini pistols
Federal XP-450, XP-900 auto-pistols
Goncz High-Tech long pistol
Grendel P-30, P-30M, P-30L and P-31 pistols
Heckler & Koch SP89 auto-pistol
Ingram M10, M11 pistols
Interdynamics KG-99 assault pistol
Intratec Tec-9, Tec-9S, Tec-9M and Tec-9MS auto-pistols (as well as any semi-automatic variant including Tec-DC9, Tec-DC9M, Tec-9A, Tec-Scorpion, Tec-22T and Tec-22TN)
Iver Johnson Enforcer Model 3000 auto-pistol
Kimel Industries AP-9 pistol
Leader Mark5 auto-pistol
Maadi Griffin pistol
OA-93 assault pistol
Patriot pistol
Partisan Avenger auto-pistol
Spectre auto-pistol
Sterling MK6 carbine
Steyr SPP auto-pistol
Sterling Mk7, Mk7 C4 and Mk7 C8 pistols
US Arms PMAIP assault pistol
UZI, Micro-UZI pistols
XM231S pistol and A1, A2, A3 Flattop pistols

As you can see above, a crapload of firearms are prohibited in this country. I understand that in the USA, the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution declares the right of the people to keep and bear arms, enacted 1791. It is clear that Canadian, American and even British society have their own distinctive laws.

I would like to hear it from folks on this site, most of whom are Americans, on their take on assault weapons. Are they necessary? Why or why not? Do you think the American Constitution can/will change in the future?

I mean you can talk all the mental health you want, but the fact of the matter is, guns are powerful. It's so easy to flip the switch and go ballistic and shoot "shit", as if you don't have any morals. In the 21st century going forward, I can't imagine a civil war in Canada, US or any of the wealthy countries.

That going forward, opportunities should be boundless, by having faith and believing in yourself and your dream, not that Scarface "The World is Yours Dream" (though I love the movie, but that was the 1980's).

What's your take?

Cheers!
WallyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

My only use case for something like an AR, would be in the event of civil unrest. Food shortages and looting are scenarios people have already faced in the wake of natural disasters in this country.

Also to protect myself from this guy

they took his CCW away after this went viral lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

alright, lets be realists about the whole american gun situation.

this emotional, estrogen fueled response to that coward in sandy hook is fucking ridiculous.

by banning assault weapons in the manner they are considering, the only people they will be hurting are the people who actually go out and but their guns the legal way.

if some asshole wants a gun to do some foul, faggit shit like these cowards who have been shooting at unarmed citizens, guess what?
HE'S GONNA GET A BURNER REGARDLESS!!!!!

really, it boils down to the fact that the 2nd amendment was put into place to make the playing field a little bit more even.
if your government decides that it is not run by the people anymore and that they want to make your decisions for you, then you have the right to defend yourself from a government that has spiraled out of control.

basically it should be if a united states soldier can have a assault weapon, then you as a citizen should be able to have the exact same weapon to protect you & yours.

i cant believe how emotional & pussy americans have become in the last 10 years.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post

really, it boils down to the fact that the 2nd amendment was put into place to make the playing field a little bit more even.
if your government decides that it is not run by the people anymore and that they want to make your decisions for you, then you have the right to defend yourself from a government that has spiraled out of control.

basically it should be if a united states soldier can have a assault weapon, then you as a citizen should be able to have the exact same weapon to protect you & yours.

The idea of civilians banding together with their "replica" assault weapons to overthrow a tyrannical government is hilarious and extremely far fetched

Have these people not watched that future weapons show, or have a basic understanding of the NSA's capabilities in 2013?

Have you ever ventured into wal-mart and just observed the behavior or eaves dropped on the conversations of the typical shopper there? Are you really comfortable letting these people of below average intelligence and reasoning skills handle a military grade weapon like an m-16?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did I scare you?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #5
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
The idea of civilians banding together with their "replica" assault weapons to overthrow a tyrannical government is hilarious and extremely far fetched

Have these people not watched that future weapons show, or have a basic understanding of the NSA's capabilities in 2013?

Have you ever ventured into wal-mart and just observed the behavior or eaves dropped on the conversations of the typical shopper there? Are you really comfortable letting these people of below average intelligence and reasoning skills handle a military grade weapon like an m-16?
well, i have intimate knowledge of what military weapons we have.
i am trained and experienced in these weapons.

and i wasn't trying to imply that it would be a situation such as "citizens banding together" to "overthrow the government".

but if that government comes to your block and says you no longer have your individual rights as a citizen and they know whats best for you & yours.
by all means.......do what you feel the need to do.

it sickens me that people have this false sense of security in this country. but then again, i have been shot by an assault rifle before (ak-47), so this has a huge impact on my viewpoint on this subject.

and when it comes down to it, if all you have is a "replica" assault weapon to protect yourself from a hostile government takeover.
or some scumbag heroin junkie trying to bust in your home.
or if you have to chance to let one off in the head of yet another emotional pussy trying to shoot up a school/mall/theater full of unarmed citizens, well guess what?

it's still 1000% better than not having one at all. they can still blow noodles out the back of someone's head.

and i do agree, rob. this country is full of mouth breathing retards.
but if you follow the rules, dont have any felonies, and have the cash, they too should have the right to buy an ar-15 if they want one.

america, our gods are money & death.

Last edited by main_man; 01-15-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
We had a candidate in this recent presidential race who actually held a mass prayer for rain, so the Texas drought would end

Also for the EPA to be abolished

Try 'leading by example' and attempting to get these people to even fathom the idea of any sort of regulation or thorough screening process for firearms
The majority of the republican party want the EPA abolished and romney was about to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
alright, lets be realists about the whole american gun situation.

this emotional, estrogen fueled response to that coward in sandy hook is fucking ridiculous.

by banning assault weapons in the manner they are considering, the only people they will be hurting are the people who actually go out and but their guns the legal way.

if some asshole wants a gun to do some foul, faggit shit like these cowards who have been shooting at unarmed citizens, guess what?
HE'S GONNA GET A BURNER REGARDLESS!!!!!

i cant believe how emotional & pussy americans have become in the last 10 years.
The idea is that if mass murdering faggits dont have high powered rifles with large clips that carry 30+ bullets with the abillity to unload all bullets in a very short period of time (less than a minute) than the mass murdering faggit wont be able to do so much damage in such a short amount of time.

If there are 10 bullets in a clip, how many times are you going to reload and shoot pople, effectively killing them, in the 3-4 minute timespan that it takes for law enforcement to arrive, while hoping that somebody dosent subdue you during the multiple instances where you find yourself reloading your gun while your potential murder victims watch you.

Its like rocket science, I know.

Also, if you think citizens with guns, even M16s and AR15s, have the slighest chance of overthrowing the US government and the military it has in the 21st century, you need to snap back to reality.

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post

The idea is that if mass murdering faggits dont have high powered rifles with large clips that carry 30+ bullets with the abillity to unload all bullets in a very short period of time (less than a minute) than the mass murdering faggit wont be able to do so much damage in such a short amount of time.

If there are 10 bullets in a clip, how many times are you going to reload and shoot pople, effectively killing them, in the 3-4 minute timespan that it takes for law enforcement to arrive, while hoping that somebody dosent subdue you during the multiple instances where you find yourself reloading your gun while your potential murder victims watch you.

Its like rocket science, I know.

Also, if you think citizens with guns, even M16s and AR15s, have the slighest chance of overthrowing the US government and the military it has in the 21st century, you need to snap back to reality.
yeah, all this math made my head hurt, food. please, stop with all the numbers and such.

and as someone who served, i know all about the military in the 21st century. and not by just reading shit online.

and i never stated that i think/want citizens to overthrow ANYTHING.

what i will say is that i hope people will stand and fight if it ever does come down to that.
cause i know i would rather die than let martial law reign supreme.
i am only even entertaining the thought of defending one's self in the most extreme case of government control.
not cause b-rock feels the need to comply with every oversensitive pacifist pussyhole AND every redneck republican shitstain who feels the need to have 600 round magazines.

my state of mind mirrors than of one of the last, great american public speakers.

"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

"I don't mean go out and get violent; but at the same time you should never be nonviolent unless you run into some nonviolence. I'm nonviolent with those who are nonviolent with me. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go insane, and I'm not responsible for what I do."

"Last but not least, I must say this concerning the great controversy over rifles and shotguns. The only thing I've ever said is that in areas where the government has proven itself either unwilling or unable to defend the lives and the property of Negroes, it's time for Negroes to defend themselves. Article number two of the Constitutional amendments provides you and me the right to own a rifle or a shotgun. It is constitutionally legal to own a shotgun or a rifle. This doesn't mean you're going to get a rifle and form battalions and go out looking for white folks, although you'd be within your rights - I mean, you'd be justified; but that would be illegal and we don't do anything illegal. If the white man doesn't want the black man buying rifles and shotguns, then let the government do its job. That's all."

Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

effective arguments bro.

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #9
VORTEX
Leanin' & Chillin'

VORTEX drunken mastaVORTEX drunken masta

yes.

It quite pussy-like and weak as fuck to depend on assault weapons.
Be a fucking man...
VORTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #10
EAGLE EYE

A couple of my friends have ARs that they target shoot with. They aren't raving lunatics who are trying to form militias or topple regimes. They are responsible owners, who handle and abide by safety best practices. However I dont believe "the responsible" are in the majority in this present day.

I believe there's an alarming regression of intelligence and critical thought in our society. We've somehow managed to make brainless vanity and narcissism admirable qualities.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did I scare you?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #11
VORTEX
Leanin' & Chillin'

Nah it ain't those few people, that peeps need to fear.
It's the mentality as a whole. Some of the blame can be giving to the media, i fully agree that nowadays there's a lack of intelligence, and not the wisest speak loudest, unluckily it's the damn other way around. That's why those with intellingence need to lead by example!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #12
EAGLE EYE

We had a candidate in this recent presidential race who actually held a mass prayer for rain, so the Texas drought would end

Also for the EPA to be abolished

Try 'leading by example' and attempting to get these people to even fathom the idea of any sort of regulation or thorough screening process for firearms

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did I scare you?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #13
VORTEX
Leanin' & Chillin'

Lmao! well, that's unorthodox enough haha!..
However if Texans would abolish firearms and etc. and focus economics elsewhere, a drought wouldn't be a problem. I do understand though, how it can be hard to lead by example, in Amercia.
The saying goes "History will repeat itself" - and history dictates and has shown us time and time again, that whenever someone who is willing and intelligent enough to stand in front, will be gunned down or assassinated in some other manner.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:38 AM   #14
VORTEX
Leanin' & Chillin'

Assassination as removement of body and character, or media assassination!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #15
EAGLE EYE

I fully acknowledge the day to day threats out there, and I'd never want to give up my pistol.

In the last 3 years.. My sister had a home invasion, my best friend and his girl friend + family had a meth-head mechanic threaten to kill them in their sleep, and some guy i watch football with was robbed at gun point a couple weeks ago.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did I scare you?