news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey
Default How much of Supreme Clientele was free-associative freestyles?

So I've heard rumors before that alot of Ghostface's second album songs were done in one take and were mostly free-associative freestyles. Is there any truth to that? I guess it would make sense considering songs like Nutmeg and One are so...out there.

If so, which tracks are freestyles? I know Child's Play and Malcolm had to have been written beforehand but what else?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Nowadays the word "freestyle" is so confusing. I'm sure Ghost wrote most of the stuff before he recorded it. The way he kicks the second verse of "One" is legendary, one of hiphop's best moments. That flow right there.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkey

Once freestyle meant that you were rapping lyrics that had never been written. Nowadays rappers are rapping the lyrics they wrote before and they call it freestyle too so it might be right, but I'm pretty sure Ghost wrote it down before
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by soob View Post
Once freestyle meant that you were rapping lyrics that had never been written. Nowadays rappers are rapping the lyrics they wrote before and they call it freestyle too so it might be right, but I'm pretty sure Ghost wrote it down before
So Ghost wrote down all these weird ass free-associative lyrics beforehand? If that's so, how the fuck does he come up with that shit?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
So Ghost wrote down all these weird ass free-associative lyrics beforehand? If that's so, how the fuck does he come up with that shit?
I don't know it, but if you listen to Ghost's music enough long time you know that most of his lyrics are incomprehensible
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by soob View Post
I don't know it, but if you listen to Ghost's music enough long time you know that most of his lyrics are incomprehensible
I thought the majority of Fishscale made sense. Ironman...maybe half of it?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
jayrob
Banned

jayrob drunken mastajayrob drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
So I've heard rumors before that alot of Ghostface's second album songs were done in one take and were mostly free-associative freestyles. Is there any truth to that? I guess it would make sense considering songs like Nutmeg and One are so...out there.

If so, which tracks are freestyles? I know Child's Play and Malcolm had to have been written beforehand but what else?
Ghost wrote Nutmeg in Afirca..take a listen-
jayrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
Interesting shit bro, thanks for the share!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
thanks, never heard this.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
rakimkoolgrapwutang
Yakub's Greatest Mathlete

rakimkoolgrapwutang shaolin monk

ATTEMPTING TO COMBINE SUPREME MATHEMATICS WITH BINGO NUMBERS....
rakimkoolgrapwutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

He isn't just an mc..he clearly manifests poetry in his music..thats a skill not everyone can have
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Ghost been flippin that dope style since Wutang Forever...
Old 03-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #13
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

^
True. Visionz and Triumph are perfect examples of the "SC-style"
Old 03-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #14
KJR
Master Ninja

I wonder what caused him to develop this style though? Was he simply trying to find a way to differentiate himself from the other Wu members?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What's that first beat?

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote