news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default [EP Stream] GUILTY SIMPSON / SMALL PROFESSOR

Guilty Simpson is easily one of my favorite emcees out right now, I would put Detroit over the West Coast music of the day, no question. So many dope producers, so many crazy street rappers (Guilty, Frank-n-Dank, nameTag, Danny Brown at times, Journalist103, Black Milk, Lacks, etc, etc.).

i've been anticipating "Highway Robbery", the collaboration "album" with Guilty and producer Small Professor. the project is now up for free streaming, but unfortunately it turned out it's an EP only - check it out at the bottom of the post, after reading my Lost Tapes post on where i declare why it can't be anything else than an EP considering it only has 8 tracks (which includes three interludes, though with beats and some Guilty adlibs) and two alternative mixes of songs already available on the EP... don't sleep though cuz the 25 minutes is FIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Tapes

I'm always hyped as fuck for a new Guilty Simpson, and with the three songs that have gotten the single treament from the ruff "D" lyrical monster collaboration with talented producer Small Professor (who's sound compiment Guilty's hardcore style perfectly), my anticipation has grown with each song I've heard. The 10-tracks deep album, which is called "Highway Robbery", hit stores and digital retailers this morning and the artists and Soulspazm label have together decided to put up the entire project for free streaming so if you haven't bought or ordered the album yet, I strongly recommed you to hit play ASAP and turn this grimey motherfucker the way UP. We already heard cuts with AG, Statik Selektah and Boldy James, while other guests on the short but effective LP comes from the likes of DJ Revolution, Castle and Elucid, though there's no question that it's Guilty and Small that are the only real stars here... While the cameos are often very dope, I sure wouldn't mind having this be a solo project in the truest sense of the word. But don't take my word for it, press play and take this gritty trip through boom bap beats, hardcore lyrics and overall excellent hip-hop music.

EDIT - The only real dissapointmen comes with the fact that "Highway Robbery" which was advertised as a new album is actually nothing more than an EP release, albeit a very dope one! Clocking in at barely 25 minutes on its 10 featured tracks (which includes three interludes); add to that the two closing songs are alternatives versions of songs already releases; one of them even appearing early on the EP. But as long as the music is crazily banging, I can't really complain too much and both Guilty and Small is in good shape here, providing straight up heat!

STREAM FULL THING @ SOUNDCLOUD

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

guilty is one of the best in the game right now.

that street grittiness that seems to be getting strangled out of the culture in this day & age.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Small Pro

Small Pro grasshopper

Thanks for the props, g!
Small Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, enjoyed this front to back. Great stuff.

The two bonus tracks seemed unnecessary to me, but that's hardly something to complain over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
Reiko
gwynbleidd

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

gotta check this out, for sure
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
Brayden
The Essence

Brayden crouching tiger

Album is dope.
Brayden is offline   Reply With Quote